PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Trails

Dorzun
10-10-05, 09:51 AM
OK the team will again be flying the club flag at the 16th Nissan Trails on the weekend of the 6th and 7th of November.

As always it would be nice to see some of you come along and add your support.

if you want more details and are interested in getting along just ask and details will be posted.

here's some basic's I've cut and pasted fromn the Nissan pootrowl's club website....

.......Nissan Trials - General Information

Site facilities

Lunches available to purchase - the lunch sales are run by SORRA
Toilets
Camping on-site
Buses run between the camping ground and competition area - leave your car by the tent!
Nissan Trials merchandise will be on sale at the Entry Gate and mobile van in the competition area
BRING YOUR OWN DRINKING WATER
Happy Hour provided by Nissan Club
Trophy presentation at conclusion of Competition
Admission Charges

Day visitors

$50 per vehicle (includes 2 adults)
$10 per additional adult
Children (16 years and under) - FREE

Weekend Visitors/Campers

$80 per vehicle (includes 2 adults)
$20 per additional adult
Children (16 years and under) - FREE

Pass Holders (e.g. Competitor's passes)

Your pass entitles you to entry for one vehicle and two adults only (kids free). An exception will be made if the "family bus" follows a competition vehicle onto the site (but the 2 drivers count).

Passes must be surrendered at the gate - no refunds will be given after event conclusion for passes left at home.

Gate times

Friday 4 November 2005

Gates Open - 11:00am (For safety reasons, strictly NO admittance to public or competitors before then)
Gates LOCKED - 1:00am (As a courtesy to competitors and campers and for safety reasons, no admittance to the site after 1:00am)

Saturday 5 November 2005

Gates Open - 6:00am
Gates LOCKED - 1:00am (As a courtesy to competitors and campers and for safety reasons, no admittance to the site after 1:00am)

Sunday 6 November 2005

Gates Open - 6:00am
Gates Close - at the discretion of event organisers
All competitors and spectators must depart the site before Sunday night unless prior arrangements made with Nissan Trials Organisers.

ann
10-10-05, 11:18 AM
Umm the saturday is the 5th sunday is the 6th :P

BenC
10-10-05, 12:42 PM
Yeah come watch us.... or else :lol: :lol:

Dorzun
10-10-05, 12:43 PM
Umm the saturday is the 5th sunday is the 6th :P

yeh, what ann said. :oops:

wiz
10-10-05, 01:36 PM
we'll be there :D .....

Spectating :roll:

ann
10-10-05, 02:02 PM

wiz I know you want to run the astra through the wombat holes :)

Oh yeh and people come watch :)

FeD
10-10-05, 07:29 PM

wiz I know you want to run the astra through the wombat holes :)

Oh yeh and people come watch :)

please ann, dont give him any silly ideas :wink:

yes all you members come and watch and cheer and joing in the fun, cause we all will be there for you guys that have put your hand up for the clubkhana

Jetty
10-10-05, 08:14 PM
Ann, can u check please if the club can get group discount for its members if we can get at least 10 cars for a day visitor?
Last time 3yrs ago it was only $30 for a day visitor per car if i remember.
It was great to watch but lots of walking compared to woodpecker.
I'll definitely in woodpecker but will try to get to nissan again if budget allows.
I would to watch u guys with the jeeps having a go a beating that yellow monster.

ann
11-10-05, 10:15 AM
Ann, can u check please if the club can get group discount for its members if we can get at least 10 cars for a day visitor?
Last time 3yrs ago it was only $30 for a day visitor per car if i remember.
It was great to watch but lots of walking compared to woodpecker.
I'll definitely in woodpecker but will try to get to nissan again if budget allows.

Hi Jetty,

Unfortunately pricing is the same should you buy 1 or 100 tickets.

Day pass for one vehicle is $50 covering two adults, additional adult is $10 and kids are free or a weekend pass is $80 (same is last year).

So really the more people you can cram into the jeep the better.

I dont think these prices are unreasonable, its not like these type of events happen every weekend and I understand these events are expensive to run with insurances etc.

See if you can make it would be great seeing as many SJCers there as possible :)

Jetty
11-10-05, 08:09 PM
Cheers, Ann.

If anyone is going for a day and wants to share the entry fee let us know here. The more the better. Can meet up at the entrance or convoy from Syd then other cars can be left at the entrance.
Either Sat or Sunday.

Cpage66
11-10-05, 08:49 PM
Hey Jetty,
Since you and I are close we'll have to work something out if you're interested...

Wooders
11-10-05, 10:41 PM
Anyone headed up Friday night???

Dorzun
12-10-05, 10:02 AM
Yup, I wioll be, not sure what time though.

Was going to go up in the morning but seeing as though I've had to drop out of the team and won't need to go through scrutinerring will wait until the arvo.

Probably leave chatswood around 3PM.

sir_camel
12-10-05, 06:32 PM
I could be up for the 6th/the saturday jetty. Not 100% tho.

Jetty
13-10-05, 08:40 PM
We need more guys. We can all save some money going in together. The campsite carpark where the buses drops/picks up people to the different stages can be walk to the entrance and many people leave there 4by to get into one car.
So far me, Chris and Mark. Friends and partners can come along. Think how much you can save if you are really interested to watch and cheer the SJC teams.

I'm keen to just take a ride and pay my share in getting in and i can just walk back to my car if i had enough of the day.

BenC
14-10-05, 11:15 AM
I'll be going up Friday morning as early as possible, to make sure we get a good camping spot and save some space for everyone that's coming.

If possible, I'll try and camp where we did last year, as it's roomy, and a bit isolated, and away from the powerlines (for Mark ) :lol:

FeD
14-10-05, 11:39 AM
If possible, I'll try and camp where we did last year, as it's roomy, and a bit isolated, and away from the powerlines (for Mark ) :lol:

and make sure you find a spot without a nest of those nasty red steroid filled ants 8O

BenC
14-10-05, 11:51 AM
I'll try hehe

ann
14-10-05, 12:08 PM
and make sure you find a spot without a nest of those nasty red steroid filled ants 8O

damn those ants :x

billsta
14-10-05, 12:21 PM
almost lost my foot from those ants last time i went to nissan trials..
will see if i can find a picture :roll: :lol:

Antz
14-10-05, 11:14 PM
There is going to be at least one Antz at the campsite :lol: (not red and steroid filled tho')

I'm aiming to be there early afternoon on the Friday.

BenC
31-10-05, 04:20 PM
OK I'll be leaving Liverpool area at around 9.30 am on Friday to head up there. Anyone who wants to convoy with us or meet somewhere along the way, let me know.

I'll be on channel 23 all weekend so those looking for the campsite or that come to spectate can find the team on this channel.

TIGGER
31-10-05, 04:39 PM
Good luck guys, i'm going to be working all weekend.

Dorzun
31-10-05, 06:34 PM
All going well I hopefully will be departing from the orrifice at Chatswood around 2 - 3PM.

Are you planning on the spot we've camped at for the last few years Ben?

BenC
31-10-05, 06:54 PM
Yep same place we were at last year if I can get there early enough. I now have a trailer problem (read that as I don't have a car trailer anymore). I'm seeing what can be arranged.

Tell you what, I'll be VERY happy when my new car trailer is ready. I should be placing an order tomorrow or Wednesday, to have it ready in time for Woodpecker.

Wooders
01-11-05, 10:22 PM
Planning to leave CBD at about 4pm. Pickup car trailer at 5pm & I dunno get to the campsite at say 7pm?

ann
02-11-05, 02:18 PM
I suppose we'll still be up ;)

Wooders
03-11-05, 12:39 PM
If you're not I don't wanna know 8O

ann
03-11-05, 02:57 PM
Oh shoosh not like that!

Anyway Ill see everyone tomorrow. Any members of the team have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile. See You!

stevet
04-11-05, 10:06 AM
I'm unable to make the weekend so have a fun & exciting time. See you guy's back on the trails SSSOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go JEEP SteveT

Dorzun
04-11-05, 12:38 PM
Looks like I'll be out of this shytehole around 2.30 and on my way.

wiz
04-11-05, 12:48 PM
hey Dorzun ...
don't forget i've got the merchandise from the Co. in my sig :D

Dorzun
04-11-05, 01:05 PM
I just went and got $$$ for ya while you where posting, wot time you and the better half departing?

Have your DVD too.

wiz
04-11-05, 01:08 PM
should be leaving by around 2ish :wink:

Dorzun
04-11-05, 01:19 PM
may see you on the road then. Might try calling you when I hit seven hills and see wheres yuz is at.

Jetty
04-11-05, 09:21 PM
will be there tomorrow at the gate at 9am with a mate to watch the team. anyone want to come along let me know.

sir_camel
06-11-05, 12:32 AM
will be there tomorrow at the gate at 9am with a mate to watch the team. anyone want to come along let me know.
How did they go today Jetty?

Jetty
06-11-05, 10:09 AM
Performance was dampen by heavy rains all day yesterday. I think they were just doing ok. possibly in the middle field. At least no damages on jeeps. So hopefully today's run will be good.

Dorzun
07-11-05, 09:09 AM
In comaprrison to a lot of aother clubs I think we might have been doing OK.

I ended up leaving early on sunday arvo so there where still a few runs to be done so I don't know the final outcome.

BenC
07-11-05, 09:50 AM
I think as a team we will have placed reasonably well. We should find out today or tomorrow.

Not sure about individual placings due to points penalties on Wooders and me for being in Open class :(

Bring on the pics and captured videos!

Wooders
07-11-05, 01:43 PM
Only a few pics floating about so far - probably not helped by Outerlimits site being down?
Maybe the crap weather meant less people draggint their cameras along???

Dorzun
07-11-05, 02:14 PM
I didn't bother on saturday as I didn't want to stuff a $1500 video camera. Will get around to cutting the footage next weekend when I get back from the conference I am heading off to.

Will then upload small movies of the runs I did capture on sunday next week.

Was sposed to be in melbourne today but managed to get out of it but I have to do the november mag tonite.

Wooders
08-11-05, 08:52 PM
OK I got a question......I notice on Outerlimits they are talking about score sheets & signoff....
WTF I didn't see anything resembling a score sheet nor ever had a single offical mention it.......
What's the go???

ann
09-11-05, 12:57 PM
Wooders :)

Do you vaguely remember the drivers notes I gave you?

The score sheet is attached to the back of that :) It doesnt really make much of a difference having it filled out because each event keeps your score anyway :)

BenC
09-11-05, 05:13 PM
You should get them filled in so you can correct the officials when they stuff up your score later

BenC
12-11-05, 10:56 PM
Pics are up at:

http://maddog.zook.org/nissan_trials_2005