PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Day Out Ourimbah - Saturday 25 May 2013

Steven.Boyd
21-05-13, 06:36 PM
This is a special trip for newbies that may want to get some wheeling experience under their tyres I thought it would be a good idea to do a easy day out close to Sydney

Where -- Ourimbah State Forest. (Just over 1 hour north of Hornsby)

When -- Saturday 25 May 2013

Time -- Meet at 7.00am

Meet Place -- McDonalds - Thornleigh

Grade - C+ . All vehicles welcome. Suite Stock Vehicles

Requirements -- Recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

This for Beginners and those wishing to attend an easy but interesting day. It is restricted to 5 Member Jeeps plus 3 guests.

Only post if you have limited experience please

Further info contact --- Steven Boyd 0404896669

Attending:

1. Steven Boyd
2. Jeremy- guest
3. Terrance - guest
4. nekked Alex
5. Sam Bolbol
6. vstanman

shefy
21-05-13, 07:03 PM
I'll be there Steven.

SKIZZI
21-05-13, 08:25 PM
Good idea Steven

Have fun guys :)

Sam Bolbol
22-05-13, 12:05 AM
Hi Steven

I intend to attend. Its my first trip with club and I am pretty excited. See you on Saturday.

Green Gecko
22-05-13, 03:51 AM
Hi guys, would of loved to come along, unfortunately I have to work. Have fun.
Paul

Steven.Boyd
22-05-13, 10:33 AM
Hi Steven

I intend to attend. Its my first trip with club and I am pretty excited. See you on Saturday.

Look forward to meeting you. It will be a fun day out

vstanman
22-05-13, 10:49 AM
would also love to come along but Im sure it will be wet and muddy as per weather forecast. had a hard time washing the jk after last sundays run in gibraltar. hehehe anyplace where I can get an underwash?

Steven.Boyd
22-05-13, 11:28 AM
Regarding cleaning I would put on the wet weather gear and get under the jeep with the gurney.

Your going to get wet but it the best way I have found

It may be a little wet there but will be a fun day out

ick72
22-05-13, 02:55 PM
As for under car wash best DIY is a gernie and c118 truck wash or go to a truck wash and pay to drive it over . Sorry but we are out for this Saturday also due to a problem

dobbo56
22-05-13, 03:14 PM
would also love to come along but Im sure it will be wet and muddy as per weather forecast. had a hard time washing the jk after last sundays run in gibraltar. hehehe anyplace where I can get an underwash?

nice to have you allong last week, you can pick up a good little High Preasure washer fron Bunnings for about $100.00 and some truck wash from any auto place and do it your self or go to any of the self serve carwashes, some have a 4X4 bay with hi preasure spray wands and leave all the mud in there drive through. Easy. If you need help just ask. Cheers Doggy Dave...:smile-new:

uncaged123
22-05-13, 03:49 PM
Hi Steve, I'm a new member who joined a couple of months back. Will you being doing further driver training in the next few months. I am booked in to do an offroad trailer towing course near Braidwood this weekend, and I have done a two days offroad driving :single_eye:/ vehicle recovery course through John Cantell, I beleive is a SJCk member.

What further training to improved my driving would you advised.

Regards Robert {uncaged123)

Steven.Boyd
22-05-13, 05:02 PM
Hi Steve, I'm a new member who joined a couple of months back. Will you being doing further driver training in the next few months. I am booked in to do an offroad trailer towing course near Braidwood this weekend, and I have done a two days offroad driving :single_eye:/ vehicle recovery course through John Cantell, I beleive is a SJCk member.

What further training to improved my driving would you advised.

Regards Robert {uncaged123)

Hi Robert

The club is always running a wide range of graded trips, Every thing from simple D-C grade to hard B+- A grade

My recommendation is to jump onto a few of the Beginner C grade trips.

When I first joined the club I went out on these trips and learnt a lot, most trips will have a few drivers with a lot of trail time and great experiences, tips and techniques to offer

The club will be running more Beginner Training trips like this so keep an eye on the forum and sign up.

If you can come along to the club meetings as Training is a discussion we have most meetings

shefy
24-05-13, 09:29 AM
Hi Steve.
Have done my rear axle seal, need to replace the seal and bearrings rear left wheel.
Doing the rounds at the moment for the parts, if I can't get them in by this afternoon I'll have to pull out of tomorrow.

Shefy.

Steven.Boyd
24-05-13, 10:40 AM
All Good

I am going to call a mate who lives up there and get a track condition report from him

After all this rain I believe a lot of the tracks will out. Even the main access road becomes very slippery and challenging after some rain

I will make a call on this tonight and let every know

Any questions give me a call 0404 896 669

vstanman
24-05-13, 12:10 PM
is the trip pushing thru or its wait and see?

Cheers

Sunel

AV8
24-05-13, 12:46 PM
I will make a call on this tonight and let every know

Any questions give me a call 0404 896 669

that probably means wait till tonite or call

Steven.Boyd
24-05-13, 01:18 PM
I have spoken to a few people who live in the area and they have had a lot of rain over the last few days

At this stage the trip is still on. I will confirm on here later tonight so please check the forum this evening

With the amount of rain it just means that we need to tread lightly. This just means that there will be limited trails we can use

As this is a beginners trip I have some good trails in mind that will be great for learning.

Any question just give me a call

AV8
24-05-13, 01:30 PM
Hi Steve,

here's some pics to help you decide mate.

Gosford: Sat 25.05
SummaryMin 10Max 19Morning shower or two.
Central Coast area
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers during the morning. Winds southerly 25 to 35 km/h turning west to southwesterly and becoming light during the day.

vstanman
24-05-13, 02:42 PM
put me in please steven. thanks, Sunel

Nekked
24-05-13, 04:15 PM
please have me down as a maybe thanks Steve.

i will advise later tonight.

Cheers

Alex

shefy
24-05-13, 05:33 PM
Hi Steve
Got the parts 20 min ago but the TJ wont make it to the hoist till Monday morning.
Hope the weather holds out for you guys, have a great day wheeling.
Cheers,
Shefy.

Steven.Boyd
24-05-13, 06:58 PM
No worries. Next time

Steven.Boyd
24-05-13, 08:03 PM
OK, Trip is on. See you all in the morning

Time -- Meet at 7.00am 7:30am Departure

Meet Place -- McDonalds - Thornleigh

If you cant make it or running late please call me Ph 0404 896 669

Nekked
24-05-13, 09:56 PM
I'm in for sure... See you all in the morning.

Hunno
24-05-13, 10:41 PM
2140hrs & It's bucketing down up here again.

remember tread lightly!!!!!!
O' don't forget the trip register

Green Gecko
26-05-13, 11:12 AM
Just wondering how the trip went would love to see some pics

DLE068
27-05-13, 06:36 AM
Steve, thanks for Saturday mate good trip n I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Any pics being posted from that trip mate there were a few taken.

vstanman
27-05-13, 10:58 AM
was a great trip.Thanks to Steven, Alex and Dave for the guidance and to eveyone else on the trip for the great company. Enjoyed it a lot. A have a few nice pictures and videos, will post it soon. Thanks again guys. Only problem was the mrs complaining about the dirt that I brought home. hehehe

Steven.Boyd
27-05-13, 02:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who came along and made it a great day

We had a good mix of Jeeps, even a 3 week old JKU Rubicon.

We had a guest come along with his Land Rover that took a bit of a hiding with bent front bar and a little panel damage, Popped a tire off the beed but managed to fix it on the trail.

I hope the newer members found it a good learning experience and managed to get something out of the day

We did two recoveries one of them being me and the other the only non jeep on the day (Poor Land Rover)

We did come across a tree across the track and it was a great team effort with the axe to remove it

Alex, Dave and myself put the other drivers in our jeeps and tackled one of the challenging climbs including the infamous can opener to show how cable the jeep can be.

After all the rain it was suppressing how much traction there was even with AT tires

Would love to see some of the images and video from the day

Look forward to catching up with you all again soon out on the trails

SteveC
27-05-13, 05:15 PM
Well done Steven and to the others who attended

vstanman
02-06-13, 10:30 PM
Here are sampler pictures of the trip. I will upload more as I finish editing them.

Green Gecko
21-06-13, 07:19 AM
Hi guys was thinking of checking our this track does anyone have some maps or directions for me thanks

Steven.Boyd
21-06-13, 12:56 PM
I would not recommend doing the tracks with a single vehicle,
PM me your email address and i can send you a file that will plug into google earth

uncaged123
21-06-13, 07:15 PM
Would love to start joining in on this outings, but the better half has us visiting her sister at their farm toward Goulburn. Hopefully I will be able to join the next outings to try out the alterations and my offroad training courses through commercial trainers. Have fun on the day.

Cheers Rob

SteveC
21-06-13, 08:31 PM
Ill try to post up a new trip for beginners and moderate skills
I was thinking of northern parts of Watagans just a bit further north of Ourimbah
Let me know if interested

Green Gecko
21-06-13, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys due to weather we are not going too oorimbah thanks for the replies

Green Gecko
22-06-13, 10:19 AM
Ill try to post up a new trip for beginners and moderate skills
I was thinking of northern parts of Watagans just a bit further north of Ourimbah
Let me know if interested

Hi Steve yes would be interested thank you.