PDA

View Full Version : Do get that scratchy/gritty feeling on your duco?

SteveC
27-05-13, 01:35 PM
If you do then let me explain.

We all like to take our 4wd off road and get it a bit dirty. Right?
Well when it comes time to clean it, most of us just wash it down and chamois it clean Right?

Well run your hand over the duco and you'll most likely feel that the duco is not that smooth, even when the 4wd is new. It collects grime and grit from just normal road use.

Well I'd like to share a product that I used that gives amazing results with no harm to you or the vehicle.

If you've heard of it then you know how good it is, if not then you must try it out.

It's called a clay bar and it comes from Mothers line of products.
It comes 2 x with what looks like Plasticine blocks, spray, rag and even wax for after use. At first it looks like it would do nothing but believe me cleans everything and I mean everything, it gives a glass like feel and shines like nothing else I've tried.

It's not cheap at around $42 but it should be good for many many applications.

give it a go.

glend
27-05-13, 02:15 PM
Yep I second that endorsement, works great and won't damage clear coats.
BTW it's on sale at Supercheap for $27.90 right now.

Green Gecko
27-05-13, 03:51 PM
Brilliant guys thanks for the info heading there now

uncaged123
27-05-13, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys, does it void the paint protection warranty I opted for when I purchased my jk?

Green Gecko
27-05-13, 04:07 PM
Update for you will be $27.50 in 2days...from Wednesday at north parramatta

dobbo56
27-05-13, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys, does it void the paint protection warranty I opted for when I purchased my jk?

Yes mate it sure will, you can only use the carwash they tell you to use. sorry to tell you but all those paint protection warranties arnt worth the paper there printed on, just a way for the dealers to make a lot of money for nothing.better off clay baring and waxing every 6 months , " With Age Comes Experience" Doggy Dave.:smile-new:

georgesadlik
27-05-13, 08:30 PM
The clay bars are awesome, but you should also hit it with a good carnauba wax after to protect the paint and make it easier to clean as the clay bars clean the paint so it has no protection afterwards. That's how we keep ours clean ;)

ROK360
05-06-13, 10:45 PM
I thought paint on a proper 4wd was to stop rust and listen to you guys.

AV8
05-06-13, 11:31 PM
2181Also great on the chrome.