PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignmeny

vstanman
21-06-13, 10:09 AM
Hi Jeepers, a quick question, where can I get an alignment that knows the specs for a JKU as I just had a lift.

dobbo56
21-06-13, 10:37 AM
Try Pro-Axle at Smithfield, [97255330] I've used them before and they really know there stuff. Cheers Doggy Dave..
Hi Jeepers, a quick question, where can I get an alignment that knows the specs for a JKU as I just had a lift.

Bear
21-06-13, 10:43 AM
I get mine done at Jax tyres Blacktown

SteveC
21-06-13, 10:45 AM
Try Pro-Axle at Smithfield, [97255330] I've used them before and they really know there stuff. Cheers Doggy Dave..
I agree with ^^^

redrubi
21-06-13, 05:09 PM
Jax Liverpool is my choice!!

Wallyd
21-06-13, 06:11 PM
There's not much to a jk alignment. Unless u need to adjust castor (if you have put adjustable control arms) just need a tiny amount of toe in, no more than say 3mm total, and then centre the steering wheel. That's it. I take it to whoever and tell them to put a 3mm toe in, and it's done. My castor I've set under one of their machines myself, and got them to do the toe, and I set the steering wheel with my aeroforce gauge.

DLE068
22-06-13, 12:02 PM
Not too many places have machine that fit around 35's.

Wooders
24-06-13, 04:52 PM
Agree with Wally, Stock JK configuration allows adjustment of toe-in & steering wheel centre.
Camber, caster, thrust, steering Axis, Included angle, Scrub etc can't be adjusted.
So becareful at how much you pay for a wheel alignment.

SteveC
24-06-13, 05:55 PM
Agree with Wally, Stock JK configuration allows adjustment of toe-in & steering wheel centre.
Camber, caster, thrust, steering Axis, Included angle, Scrub etc can't be adjusted.
So becareful at how much you pay for a wheel alignment.

True Dave but at least they give you the figures (LH & RH) and show you if anything is not quite within spec, thus allowing to make (read buy) adjustments.
Depending on vehicle & height - for eg 3" lift = the very least you need is lower control lower arms, (or as some have done lower boxes), track bar and rear trackbar bracket. You will need more to improve ride etc it's endless................

steve

Dave
01-07-13, 03:03 PM
I've always been looked after well at Pedders at Granville - on James Ruse Drive just before Parramatta Rd. The owner there has had some big wheel 4x4's himself...

Dave