PDA

View Full Version : Petrol...

Unstable
09-07-13, 07:54 PM
Hey guys,

Im curious about petrol types, for example, Ive heard e10 burns faster then normal unleaded,
so really your not saving any money buying the e10 over the normal unleaded.

Does anyone know if the premium stuff, does it burn even slower?

Also curious on what everyones views are on the different types etc.
I want to fill my car up with the best. Is the best for your car the most expensive?

Maggie
09-07-13, 09:32 PM
Hey guys,

Im curious about petrol types, for example, Ive heard e10 burns faster then normal unleaded,
so really your not saving any money buying the e10 over the normal unleaded.

Does anyone know if the premium stuff, does it burn even slower?

Also curious on what everyones views are on the different types etc.
I want to fill my car up with the best. Is the best for your car the most expensive?
In my opinion, YES. I get much better mileage with the 98.

Steve F
09-07-13, 09:51 PM
Depends on the Jeep, my XJ gets no benefit for anything better than e10, although many years ago when it didn't have a snorkel the premium would stop it pinging on hard runs on hot days in the dunes. Now, with the cooler intake, I pretty much e10 all the time. Bear in mind though that the XJ engine is about as simple as they come and could probably run on almost any liquid that burns ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
10-07-13, 10:00 AM
Same with our XJ.
Although I more often run premium in the WJ cause it's more of a slug compared to the XJ.

dobbo56
10-07-13, 11:28 AM
I use e10, in my 3.8 jk, tried 98 and found no benefit, I tow a half ton trailer around all day stop start so economy is up to shit anyway. on longer trips it may benefit from higher octane fuel. cheers Doggy Dave.

Jeep11
10-07-13, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, I use my JK as a daily driver, I have found better mileage with 95/98,