PDA

View Full Version : Zig Zag Saturday 17/08/2013....

TRBN8R
07-08-13, 07:41 PM
Hi Guys

No trips due to nappy change duties for a while... Right foot very Itchy.... Planning a day out on Saturday 17/08/2013.... Will be doing mostly C grade with a sprinkle of B (Chicken tracks available). I have not been there for a fair while so not very sure how bad the tracks will be. If u been there recently your advise is most welcome.

Planning a run along the power lines, Wombat Holes, Pipelines, Son of Bob. Lunch at Lost City. Will explore Power lines further on from the Lost city after lunch. I am planning to be back on the road by 1600 Hrs. Most of the hard bits will have chicken tracks around them. All type of Jeeps welcome. If a new unexperienced member wants to attend u r welcome. If someone wants to ride with me I have a couple of free seats......

Where -- Zig Zag @ Lithgow,

When -- Saturday 17/8/2013

RV Point-- At Richmond Macca's at 0730 Hrs for brekky, depart by 0800 Hrs to travel in convoy to Zig Zag Train station. Reaching Zig Zag by 0930 Hrs. Air down disconnect and hit the dirt by 1000 Hrs.

Grade -- "C with a sprinkle of B"

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drinks of choice, Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Other Friend/Kids, camera.....

UHF Channel -- 15

This run is limited to 10 vehicles including me.......

Further info contact ---Mani 0405801230 , or post up your intent to attend the run..........

Attendees:

1. Mani @ TRBN8R
2. Dave @ DLE068
3. Dan @ DanD @ Zig Zag
4. George @ GeorgeSadlik
5. Dave @ DK
6. Steve @ Jeep11
7. DozerRubi 13
8. Greg D @ Gred D

Reserves

Cheers and happy Jeepin........

DLE068
07-08-13, 07:59 PM
I'm in Mani.

DanD
07-08-13, 09:27 PM
Definitely keen for this!

Wallyd
07-08-13, 11:14 PM
Sunday would have worked, but all good, next time

DanD
07-08-13, 11:18 PM
Sunday would have worked, but all good, next time

Sunday is the day of the next Toolbox day ;)

stevet
08-08-13, 12:19 AM
Can make this run..:smile-new:...........

Dieselcon
08-08-13, 08:17 AM
Hi Mani...put me down please :) ...70% ok just need to pass it by the boss....I've been playing alot so this might be abit too much....lol...

D.K.
10-08-13, 09:36 AM
Count me in Mani

uncaged123
11-08-13, 03:12 PM
Can not do it. this time but would love to do another day if a similar trip is planned for October. September is full with a trip to SA & Kangaroo Is.

Cheers

uncaged123
11-08-13, 03:17 PM
Hey Jose, keep off them rocks.

Cheers Rob

Jeep11
11-08-13, 03:49 PM
I would like to be included for this trip
steve @ jeep11

TRBN8R
11-08-13, 05:10 PM
Can not do it. this time but would love to do another day if a similar trip is planned for October. September is full with a trip to SA & Kangaroo Is.

Cheers

No worries Rob... There will be many more trips on the cards as the weather warms up....

jetkev
12-08-13, 08:26 PM
Put me down as a maybe if I can fix my jeep on time. Thanks

Dieselcon
13-08-13, 08:08 AM
Hey Jose, keep off them rocks.

Cheers Rob

Haha yes I like my jeep too much...next time on a delicate recovery will only use winch and not a tow strap. Anyway zigzag is ruts, wombats and hill climbs....not loose bolders:)

DozerRubi13
13-08-13, 05:01 PM
Hey, got room for 1 more, sorry for the short notice

TRBN8R
13-08-13, 05:18 PM
Definitely mate.... See you this saturday....

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Greg D
13-08-13, 08:11 PM
Mani,
Please put me down as number 10.
Thanks, Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DanD
13-08-13, 09:40 PM
*edit* never mind - plans changed hah

Dieselcon
14-08-13, 06:17 PM
Sorry Mani...
I have to pull Out... Spending time with Misses....

Cheers

Jose

TRBN8R
14-08-13, 06:54 PM
Sorry Mani...
I have to pull Out... Spending time with Misses....

Cheers

Jose

No worries mate...

georgesadlik
14-08-13, 07:44 PM
Hi Mani, would you mind if I tagged along for the ride ? Cheers George

jetkev
14-08-13, 07:53 PM
Sorry I can't make it to this trip. My 4WD required more repairs than expected.

TRBN8R
14-08-13, 08:07 PM
Hi Mani, would you mind if I tagged along for the ride ? Cheers George

U r on George... See you Saturday....

Sorry I can't make it to this trip. My 4WD required more repairs than expected.

No worries Kev.....

stevet
15-08-13, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I am out..:frown:.. Working Friday night now....:sleeping:.....

dobbo56
16-08-13, 10:22 AM
Look's like it's going to be a Slippery trip, wish I was going. Have a fun day guys. Doggy Dave :encouragement:

DanD
16-08-13, 08:11 PM
Ignore, see you all at Maccas :)

Greg D
17-08-13, 06:42 PM
Thanks Mani, for planning and leading the trip today. Very enjoyable, with a mix of experience and new members.

I took some photos & videos, which I will put up when I can, but I'm heading out to the Bledisloe Cup tonight.

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jeep11
17-08-13, 08:14 PM
Hey Guys,
Would like to say thank you for a great day, as a new member to the club I would like to say thanks for all the advice and assistance out there on the tracks, it really makes it easier and much more enjoyable. Manni great trip, and George thanks a heap for jumping in the car and help out. Sorry guys I have issues with up loading from the iPad , but will email all the pictures out Monday .
Thanks again
Steve and Hayley

georgesadlik
17-08-13, 08:35 PM
Awesome run, I had a great day! It was a really relaxing trip with a great bunch of people of various experience. Good on you Mani for running the trip. To everyone I rode shotgun with.. I think I had more fun with you guys ;) Although Pipeline was a blast :kiwi-fruit: Till the next run CHEERS ! George.

DanD
17-08-13, 10:15 PM
Thank you all for a great day out! A massive thank you for all the help & encouragement throughout the day! :D

Only just got home (again) after washing the jk and i'm knackered lol might be an early one tonight hah... just got to get these videos uploading to youtube now...

D.K.
18-08-13, 11:08 AM
Yep, great day. Good to see the big smiles on the less experienced guys at the end of the day.

TRBN8R
18-08-13, 11:47 AM
Attendees:

1. Mani @ TRBN8R - JKU Sport Mild mods
2. Dan @ DanD @ Zig Zag - JK 2 Door Stock Jeep
3. George @ GeorgeSadlik - JKU Massive Mods
4. Dave @ DK - TJ Massive Mods
5. Steve @ Jeep11 - JK 2 Door Mild Mods
6. DozerRubi 13 - JKU Rubi Stock
7. Greg D @ Gred D - TJ Mild Mods

I rocked up at Richmond Meccas thinking I will be the first one there at 0730 and found 5 Jeeps of various sizes waiting already there. DK was the last one to show up at 0735. We had breakfast and left for Zig Zag in a convoy at 0800 Hrs. We reached the car park at the Zig Zag station at 0905. Aired down, disconnected and were ready to rock and roll at 0935. There was a variety of Jeeps varying in modification levels from stock to 37s....

We headed upto the wombat holes after we decided as group that no one wants to play in the bog holes. The wombat holes were a disappointment as for some reason they have been flattened and do not present any challenge any more. After that we headed off to the pipelines. 3 guys decided to give the pipelines a miss so I lead them to a bypass and that became a challenge in itself when Steve's JK decided to lean at a scary angle and we ended up digging up the bank top make it climb out reasonably easily... Only casuality were his mudflaps that gor torn away. After leaving the 3 Jeeps at the end of the pipelines I headed back to the other part of the group at the start of the pipelines. George, DK, Greg and I started the pipelines in that order. George and DK walked up the track like it was nothing. Greg's TJ surprised everyone when it climbed over the ledges like a goat.... I needed a bit of road building to clear the ledges. After that I took command of the convoy and led them confidently in the wrong direction only to be confronted with a gate sayin "Private Property. Keep Out".... George Led us back on track and we made our way on the dirt road to the massive rock (Which we decided not to give a go) on the Powerlines on way to The Lost City. On our way we came across an unattended campfire that someone carelessly had left smouldering. Being responsible 4wders we buried the fire to the best of our ability and carried on to The Lost City for lunch. After lunch Geoge and DK lead us to the Ranger Bob and Son of Bob track which was very interesting. We all decide to take the chicken track except for George who nearly climbed the ledge but we were not very confident with our experience of such huge obstacles decided to abort the attempt. We headed onto the wombat holes at the end of the above track which gave our suspensions reasonable flex test. Dan, Steve, and Rhys decided to give the wombat holes a try under expert coaching from George. At the top of this track it was already 1515 Hrs and we decided to head back to the Zig Zag Station. We got back to the station aired up, reconnected and were back on the road to home by 1630 Hrs.

Nil casualities to report except 2 mudflaps and my air compressor which broke the con rod just after inflating 4 tyres from 16 to 38 psi. Nil Injuries to any members.

I did not have my camera and my daughter drained the batteries on my phone playing games so I do not have any pics. Hope the club members will fill in with pics on their phones and camers.

Cheerse
Mani

Maggie
18-08-13, 01:38 PM
Yep, great day. Good to see the big smiles on the less experienced guys at the end of the day.

I agree Dave ... to see the newbies get that adrenalin rush we all know and love is so good to see.

Maggie.

Dieselcon
18-08-13, 02:32 PM
Awesome summary Mani.... Wish I went:(... sound like it was an awesome day again.....ZigZag is one of my favourite destinations...

SteveC
18-08-13, 04:00 PM
Good one Mani and rest of the attendees.

D.K.
18-08-13, 07:11 PM
Me as XSI on Son of Bob (even tho' it says Ranger Bob): Just for a bit of interest this is the Heap on short arms, and a twitchy throttle, just after taking ownership:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFpN7iKdyBg

The trick is to keep the driver-side wheels on the slab on the right. What happens is that as the vehicle climbs the face, the rear right wheel slides off the slab which puts you on a bad angle. Next time with a strap for safety!

DanD
18-08-13, 09:55 PM
Had all of the vids scheduled to upload to youtube overnight - only just checked the computer after getting home this arvo - fire fox crashed... ahhh **** !!! Two were uploaded though :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_h155FRAeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFlYxrXL4I

[URL][URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWCChLMPDA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVFlYxrXL4I)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KarKK6oH30

please note, I think that there are around 11 or so videos, so I'll be updating this post as I upload more to youtube

DozerRubi13
18-08-13, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, i had an awesome time on saturday, gained alot more confidence on the tracks. Thanks Mani for setting it up, cant wait for the next trip to zig zag.

Jeep11
19-08-13, 09:02 AM

jetkev
19-08-13, 09:22 PM
Love that ORANGE JEEP.

DanD
20-08-13, 11:11 PM
More vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkkEhpySeVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RlYWeG7hIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc_KSVqtzH4

DanD
20-08-13, 11:11 PM
And the last of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-SoZqdlPfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgqr6ogCHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P0cLhTKclM

DanD
20-08-13, 11:12 PM
One more as the forum wont let me do more than 4 at a time!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAAk34Yx5Zk

georgesadlik
21-08-13, 05:50 PM
Really want another crack at Ranger Bob now after watching these.. :smile-new: Thanks for posting the vids

TRBN8R
21-08-13, 10:16 PM
Really want another crack at Ranger Bob now after watching these.. :smile-new: Thanks for posting the vids

U would have done it probably but i think u need to do it with Skizzi, Miraz and other big boys.... It was a bit uncomfortable for my level..... I would love to watch though....

SteveC
22-08-13, 10:52 AM
Good comment Mani about the driver deciding if it's comfortable to attempt an accent or not, regardless of the type of truck or it's mods. Always ask yourself "what if?"
There is another trip that DK is running on 31st to Wattagans. I'll lead those others that wish a more easier run and Dave can take those wishing to take a "different line"
Steve

georgesadlik
22-08-13, 08:34 PM
Absolutely. Nothing to prove especially when you're still getting used the the truck and ironing out bugs. This way there's always next time ;)

DanD
22-08-13, 08:37 PM
Pretty sure I have the trip mapped out on my handheld garmin too, will look at getting it put into google earth for anyone thats interested

Dieselcon
22-08-13, 08:47 PM
Absolutely. Nothing to prove especially when you're still getting used the the truck and ironing out bugs. This way there's always next time ;)

Yep agree.... next time Ill join you for the challenge lol...

AJ
13-09-13, 05:34 PM
Love the Monster Beadlocks on the Orange JK. Very Jealous :kiwi-fruit: