21-08-13, 12:18 AM
The 2 week forecast doesn't look bad so:

This run is limited to 8 vehicles including leader
Further info contact: D.K. 0434 848 482
Where: Watagans State Forest
When: Saturday, 31st August
Meet: Old Weigh Station. Just past Berowra between F3 and Pacific Highway
Time: 8.00 am departure
Grade B, B+: Drivers with experience and can read terrain well.

If the weather turns wet this trip will be pulled quick sharp.

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
Minimum 2 inch Suspension Lift and sill/underbody protection advised. Mud Terrain tyres preferable.

Attending:.

Trip A:

1. Dave (D.K.)
2. Greg (Greg D)
3. SteveBoyd
4. JeremyBrown
5. JBrad
6. Brent - D.K.'s Guest
7. SPQR
8. DLE068

Trip B (alternative):

1. SteveC
2. DozerRubi13
3. Shefy
4. SteveC'sCousin
5. DanD
6. DLE068 -maybe
7. RichHenning

SteveC
21-08-13, 09:32 AM
If ok with you Dave. Im happy to take less experiencd or novice drivers on separate tracks. Ive got two nice drives in the north part of watagan state forest that will appeal to others

Greg D
21-08-13, 11:23 AM
Dave, Watagans is my favourite. Please count me in.

Greg

Steven.Boyd
21-08-13, 03:15 PM
Hi DK

I am in for some adventure. Never really explored that area

Dieselcon
21-08-13, 05:17 PM
Wish it were another date....Dieselcon ;)

D.K.
21-08-13, 10:17 PM
If ok with you Dave. Im happy to take less experiencd or novice drivers on separate tracks. Ive got two nice drives in the north part of watagan state forest that will appeal to others

No worries Steve. Lets see who signs up and what the weather does.

DozerRubi13
22-08-13, 12:00 AM
DK, if more novices sign up, i'll take steve up on his offer.
cheers

SteveC
22-08-13, 11:01 AM
With Dave's approval we can all meet at Dave's designated spot, regardless of your level and travel up the F3. Not sure where Dave wishes to start but i'll start at Martinsville Road in the northern part
So we should be able to accommodate every level and have some fun. I'll take any number of jeepers
Steve

shefy
22-08-13, 12:44 PM
Can you put me down as well, will join Steve's run.

Thanks,

Shefy.

Steven.Boyd
23-08-13, 01:03 PM
Can you put my mate on the list
Jeremy Brown Jeep JK
Not sure what trip he will go on but is keen to come along

SteveC
23-08-13, 03:32 PM
I have a cousin who wants to tag along on the easy trip. Though he owns a brand new Holden colorado wagon thingomajiggythingy.

DanD
25-08-13, 10:43 PM
Am keen to tag along on the easy trip if you'll have me?

Wallyd
25-08-13, 10:50 PM
Please put me down D.K.

DLE068
26-08-13, 05:54 PM
I would like to down as a maybe for now.

richhenning
26-08-13, 08:15 PM
Hi please put me down for Steve's trip, thanks

SteveC
27-08-13, 10:52 AM
For those attending this Saturday (and I hope we get more members involved as it's going to be a great day out for all) I'll be at the Macca Thornleigh (Pennant hills rd/The Comenarra Parkway) at 7am. Before meeting the others at the desginated truck stop at Berowra, which is only 15 minutes away. Hope to see you then
Steve

Wallyd
27-08-13, 06:23 PM
Sorry, have to "pull out" (she said).

My day is the Sunday, so no day for me on the Saturday (read fathers day)

DanD
27-08-13, 08:43 PM
For those attending this Saturday (and I hope we get more members involved as it's going to be a great day out for all) I'll be at the Macca Thornleigh (Pennant hills rd/The Comenarra Parkway) at 7am. Before meeting the others at the desginated truck stop at Berowra, which is only 15 minutes away. Hope to see you then
Steve

Will see you at the maccas!

Green Gecko
27-08-13, 08:43 PM
Hi Steve C I may be able to come along for the newbie tracks. Will let you know a bit closer to the day

Thanks
Paul

DozerRubi13
27-08-13, 11:24 PM
SteveC, i live in newcastle where and when should i meet u guys, cheers

shefy
28-08-13, 11:54 AM
Hey Steve
My TJ is still in the workshop getting work done, should be done by Thursday arvo but nothing has gone to plan so far (been there since last Thursday), still keen to go but might not make it, I'll keep you posted.
Shefy.

Jeep11
28-08-13, 08:04 PM
Hey Steve, Can I be added to the B list please
Steve and Hayley

DanD
28-08-13, 08:31 PM
ick72 (Todd & Kirsten) asked if they could be put down as tentative for this trip

jbrad
28-08-13, 09:09 PM
Hey Dave
Put me in for trip A. Weather is looking good. Looking forward to catching up with the crew. Jas

SteveC
29-08-13, 11:11 AM
SteveC, i live in newcastle where and when should i meet u guys, cheers

To save you some K's, you can meet us at the start of the "main" track at 9am. Meet at Corner of Freemans Drive & Martinsville Rd. From memory, there should be cleared area with SES Fire station and church near by
Steve

DozerRubi13
29-08-13, 08:17 PM
No worries, see u guys there

Green Gecko
29-08-13, 09:42 PM
Steve just to let you know I will be able to make this trip cya than
Regards
Paul

Hunno
29-08-13, 10:32 PM
To save you some K's, you can meet us at the start of the "main" track at 9am. Meet at Corner of Freemans Drive & Martinsville Rd. From memory, there should be cleared area with SES Fire station and church near by
Steve
Cooranbong

SPQR
30-08-13, 09:27 AM
Put me down for trip A please, Dick.

SteveC
30-08-13, 10:23 AM
I's add/subtract but DK has the permission on this thread.
Steve

DLE068
30-08-13, 03:57 PM
I'm down on DK trip please

D.K.
30-08-13, 08:30 PM
Just a friendly reminder to drivers on the D.K. trip, we will be leaving the meeting point a few minutes after 8.00am, no waiting around for stragglers, ... so get there in good time.
As Steve C's trip is an "open to all Trip" im not updating his list - just be at his meeting point on time, ...hope you can all fit in the Maccas car park.

Cheers

Dave.

DanD
30-08-13, 08:35 PM
Todd & Kirsten (ick72) arent able to make the SteveC run

Green Gecko
30-08-13, 09:40 PM
Sorry guy going to have to pull out something has come up

Paul

Dieselcon
31-08-13, 06:57 AM
Wow should be a good turnout for both trips.... Have fun guys and get plenty of vids/pics...

nitrobrent
31-08-13, 08:25 PM
Great day out ,thanks for letting us join you for the day.
Check out this link ,at 44 seconds ,is what that rut at the bottom of Whitemans looks like with a Jeep in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hwhy2mLCLk&list=UUlv_KaMboWFhHxDDyciGqRw&feature=player_detailpage
Cheers Brent

DanD
31-08-13, 08:49 PM
Great day out on the SteveC trip! Was good to catch up with the people on DKs trip at the start of the day also! :D Thanks to all involved!!!

richhenning
31-08-13, 09:08 PM
Thanks Steve C for a great day out. Learnt plenty and really enjoyed the company of all on the trip. Much appreciated. Richard H

DLE068
31-08-13, 09:32 PM
Great day out today on DK's trip. Unfortunately, DK had to pull the pin early due to wheel hub problems.
Fortunately for us DK's mate Brent lead the trip for the rest of the day, guiding us through some real butt cheek squeezing descents. Steve still can't find his seat cover.
Big thanks to Brent for a great day, n the company Greg, Steve Bro, Dick n Jase n his better half.
Post some pics n vid Dick if u can mate.

D.K.
01-09-13, 12:05 AM
Yeah, bummer i had to bail early, but great that Brent could take over.

Jeep11
01-09-13, 08:31 AM
Trip Report: Watagans B
Trip Leader: Steve C
A great day had by all, the weather was perfect and the tracks were well suited to the abilities of the drivers,a big thanks to trip leader SteveC for his expertise and taking the time to lead the trip. The day was made up of a variety of terrains, giving everyone a chance to test their abilities and jeeps.
The day was made up of rutted tracks, rocks, hill climbs and descents, even a chance to get a winch out......more due to the of driver ability, then track grade.....LOL.
I hope to have the photo's up loaded soon, even the red belly black snake pic's.
Again great day and a great group, looking forward to the next trip.
Steve and Hayley (jeep11)

SteveC
01-09-13, 10:34 AM
Thanks Steve for the report. YEP ANOTHER STEVE!
To the guys ( Steve& Hayley, Reece, Dan and Richard) I'm glad you had a good day and also pleased that you knew your comfort zone ( or close to), which is the most important aspect of wheeling. It was good to see some interesting tracks that I had not tested out before. especially 2 that we were not willing to attempt with the Jeeps we had. Next time perhaps.
As mentioned we had one winch to get one of the Jeepers out which was a good experience for all. It went well and certainly tested driver and vehicle
Apologies to Reece (who had a nice Tango orange Rubi, sweet!) & others I almost forgot our rendezvous to pick him on our way.

No report of damage except some pin stripping perhaps and no damage to any egos, though I heard some one was visiting Target today as undies were on special. No names!.

Very proud of all that attended yesterday.
Steve

nitrobrent
01-09-13, 05:10 PM
Didn't get a great deal of footage ,but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_lBery4wqzw

Did you get that seat cover out Steve?

AV8
01-09-13, 05:45 PM
Enjoyed dat. Glad evrywun had fun!

Wallyd
01-09-13, 07:41 PM
that looked like white mans lane??? I recall doing that track but in reverse, on a very wet, slushy clay drive. The whole convoy had to winch like crazy, it was so wet.

Steven.Boyd
01-09-13, 08:14 PM
Great Video.

Yes I did eventually get the car seat cover out after whitemans.

It was a great day and a big thanks to DK and Brent for leading us on some great trails

can't wait together up there again.

Thanks to Jason and DK for helping fix the TJ. Dam transfer case linkage.

shefy
02-09-13, 11:20 AM
Great Video.

Thanks to Jason and DK for helping fix the TJ. Dam transfer case linkage.

Been there before ( the last time was Wheeny Ck and I think Jason was under my Jeep too), the problem is that once it starts it happens more and more.
Did the entire trip to nth west QLD and back stuck in 2H (lucky) and my first three trips with the club as well, basically every time I was off road.
Changed that stupid rod linkage to the Novak cable linkage and it's been sweet as since, it is also more accurate feel (not as vague as the original) when shifting.
I think the link is on my rig page, ordered it through Wooders.

Update: Link wasn't on my page so I found for you if you want to check it out, Dave has installed a couple and will be able to give a detailed run down.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/shifters/sk2xc.htm

Cheers,

Shefy.

Nekked
02-09-13, 10:03 PM
Looks like fun guys! Wish I was there