PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon Trail in 4X4 Australia.

dobbo56
13-09-13, 11:32 AM
a good article in 4X4 Australia on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon on the Rubicon Trail. Plus a road test of the new Grand Cherokee Overland, they like it.:highly_amused: Doggy Dave.

slickaz
16-09-13, 01:20 PM
so why is it that so many Jeep fans dislike the GC? calling it a soft jeep, ive seen some moded GCs take on some pretty serious trails and win.

Steve F
16-09-13, 01:25 PM
so why is it that so many Jeep fans dislike the GC? calling it a soft jeep, ive seen some moded GCs take on some pretty serious trails and win.

I don't think Jeep fans dislike the GC at all. It does have to be said that the current one is the softest of the off road range but then it is a compromise between comfort and on road performance and off road performance. Not like the JK which in turn gives up a lot of on road handling for it's off road performance. Of course with a few mods the GC can be quite a formidable off road Jeep.

Cheers
Steve

SteveC
16-09-13, 05:47 PM
Im hoping one day to get into a new GC if funds allow less sale of JK. ( i wonder how much for my JK???) As they really are a nice vehicle to drive on long stretches. I think with the diesel and a few choice mods from company like Murchinson products. It would do very well..

uncaged123
22-09-13, 02:29 PM
I believe its down to preference. I just returned home after a 4800 km round trip to Kangaroo Island via the coast to SA and cross country return. The comment of seating comfort in my jk by all who rode with me was impressive, even on longer trip sections. They all remarked how comfortable the seating was. The only down side was the petrol used as I was towing a 8000kg camper trailer.

AV8
22-09-13, 02:49 PM
I believe its down to preference. I just returned home after a 4800 km round trip to Kangaroo Island via the coast to SA and cross country return. The comment of seating comfort in my jk by all who rode with me was impressive, even on longer trip sections. They all remarked how comfortable the seating was. The only down side was the petrol used as I was towing a 8000kg camper trailer. Whoaa, that's massive. 10+ tons BRW. Awesome. Did u go offroad with that?

Hunno
22-09-13, 06:43 PM
I believe its down to preference. I just returned home after a 4800 km round trip to Kangaroo Island via the coast to SA and cross country return. The comment of seating comfort in my jk by all who rode with me was impressive, even on longer trip sections. They all remarked how comfortable the seating was. The only down side was the petrol used as I was towing a 8000kg camper trailer.

Whoaa, that's massive. 10+ tons BRW. Awesome. Did u go offroad with that?

thinking there might just be one to many 00000000000's in that figure.

uncaged123
23-09-13, 10:58 AM
Your right Hunno, my mistake its under a tonne and I took it off road. However the jk was really comfortable traveling in.