PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyle Saturday 28/09/2013

TRBN8R
20-09-13, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys

Planning a trip at Lake Lyall on Saturday 28/09/2013.... Will be doing mostly C grade with little B (Chicken tracks available). Tracks will include The Quarry, Powerlines climb, Mount Walker second stage (depending on interest and capabilities of the Jeeps involved), Cox's River Crossing and some other un named fun parts..... Cox's River is shallow water crossing, only about 15-20 inches deep max and crossable with any stock Jeep. The main ones will need a submarine to cross, So will not be attempted...... I am planning to be back on the road by 1500 Hrs. If people want to stayback afterwards and explore around they are free to do so. All the hard bits will have chicken tracks around them. All type of Jeeps welcome. If a new member wants to attend u r welcome as it will be a very easy trip to learn or expand your 4wding experience......

Guys with Closer to stock Jeeps need not worry as I will not be attempting nothing that will endanger ur and ur Jeep's Safety....Guys with monster trucks can form a splinter group and head on to Mt Walker and more challenging trips etc....

Where -- LakeLyle @ Lithgow,

When -- Saturday 28/09/2013,

Meet -- At Richmond Macca's at 0730 Hrs for brekky, depart by 0745 Hrs to travel in convoy to the Lithgow or meet at Lithgow Shell Station (1, Great western Hwy, South Bowenfels) @ 0900 Hrs,

Time-- Planning to be back at Richmond Meccas by 1700 Hrs

Grade -- "C with a little bit of B"

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drinks of choice, Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Other Friend/Kids, camera.....

This run is limited to 10 vehicles including me..............

Guys I know a little bit of LakeLyle tracks we did with the club. If u know more tracks, u r more than welcome to lead. But any suggested tracks should be doable by all Jeeps on the run or have chicken tracks around them.....

Further info contact ---Mani 0405801230 , or post up your intent to attend the run..........

1. Mani @ TRBN8R
2. Ian @ Flat Fender @ Shell
3. Chris @ CPage666 @ Shell
4. Bear & Maggie @ Bear
5. Jose @ Dieselcon @ Shell
6. Dan @ DanD @ Shell
7. Richard @ Fussy
8. Dave @ DLE068
9. Bert @ Bert-A
10. Wayne (Guest)

Reserves

Cheers and happy Jeepin........

Mani

Flatfender
20-09-13, 02:42 PM
Hi Mani - put my name down.
I haven't been out for a while
Cheers
Ian W.

shefy
20-09-13, 04:22 PM
Hi Mani
Me too thanks.
Cheers
Shefy.

Cpage66
20-09-13, 06:31 PM
Yep yep...

Bear
20-09-13, 08:34 PM
Mani, could you include Maggie and me on the list please

Dieselcon
20-09-13, 10:28 PM
please Include me aswell..

DanD
20-09-13, 11:03 PM
Please include me also :D

Paul-JK
20-09-13, 11:11 PM
Hi Mani,

Can I put my name down for this as well please? It's about time I gave the stubby lever a workout.

Paul

DanD
20-09-13, 11:16 PM
About time Paul! :P

Paul-JK
20-09-13, 11:19 PM
You're not wrong! I think I can remember how to put it into 4WD but I might need some help.

DanD
20-09-13, 11:20 PM
Just put the accelerator down and ram the lever into place :P

Fussy
21-09-13, 12:05 AM
Mani, please put my name down.

Richard

DLE068
21-09-13, 09:08 AM
Me too please Mani

DanD
21-09-13, 10:44 AM
Hehe 24 hours and it's full :D

AV8
21-09-13, 11:08 AM
That beats Bieber's sold out concert by a whole day ! :emmersed:

jetkev
23-09-13, 12:57 AM
You kidding this trip is full so fast. I will working at lithgow on Sunday.

Hunno
23-09-13, 11:19 AM
You kidding this trip is full so fast. I will working at lithgow on Sunday.

If you want to go put your name on the List as a reserve. More often than not people pull out through other commitments, breakdowns so on.

Paul-JK
23-09-13, 04:53 PM
If you want to go put your name on the List as a reserve. More often than not people pull out through other commitments, breakdowns so on.

Now that's confidence for you! It might be the truth but do you really have to say it :highly_amused:.

A Jeep would never breakdown......but I suppose they are known to occasionally become temporarily mechanically challenged (or should that be mechanically challenging!).

TRBN8R
23-09-13, 07:08 PM
I might have a Land Rover friend from AULRO with me as well but he will not affect the trip numbers and we will still will take 10 SJC jeeps. I have invited him over as I am considering leasing a D90 either next year (when my Jeep's lease runs out) or in a couple of years time, and I wanted to check out the capabilities of a Defender compared to the Jeep....

DanD
23-09-13, 07:35 PM
I'm interested to see how it goes also as I have a mate that is looking at getting into a Defender by the end of this year

I might have a Land Rover friend from AULRO with me as well but he will not affect the trip numbers and we will still will take 10 SJC jeeps. I have invited him over as I am considering leasing a D90 either next year (when my Jeep's lease runs out) or in a couple of years time, and I wanted to check out the capabilities of a Defender compared to the Jeep....

TRBN8R
23-09-13, 08:16 PM
I'm interested to see how it goes also as I have a mate that is looking at getting into a Defender by the end of this year

They have their own set of mechanical niggles like the Jeep, but Defender owners dont tend to change to other cars so there is a certain fanaticism they share with us... Looking at the numbers they have a better diff clearance, approach, departure and ramp over angle than the Jeeps. Only manual and a smallish engine. But I am not gonna race it anyway... Also it has a lot more towing capability than JK diesel. Comes stock with skinny 31.7" tyres. Skinny 33s can be fitted easily..... Front end doesnt flex as much as a disconnected JK. But can be made to flex a bit more just by adding long travel shocks and brake lines.... Lifting it needs a new drive shaft and front radius arms in addition to springs, shocks, and other essentials.... Its just the old world charm and no nonsense approach of a ladder frame and live axles I love.... Another great plus is they have a hard top so can take a roof rack and a roof top tent without spending a million dollars..... And they are Jeep's close cousin...Another great plus is that in the shorty all 4 seats are adult sized bucket seats... And in the 110 all 7 seats are adult sized..... Now I am sounding like a Defender salesman.....

So hopefully feb next year or feb 2016 I will trade in my wife's car for a D 90.....

AV8
23-09-13, 08:25 PM
... And they are Jeep's close cousin....

Nooooooooooo....... Mani ! ! Someone spiked your drink mate! :single_eye:

Toyotas, Patrols, Mahindras are all cousins too and yes you do sound like a LR salesman :highly_amused:

It's a Jeep thing,.... you would understand, remember.

Cpage66
23-09-13, 08:28 PM

That doesn't mean you might be leaving us in a couple of years does it?

sfedek
23-09-13, 08:36 PM
Mani, Please put me down on the reserve list. Finally got me JEEP back & want to play. Eddy

TRBN8R
23-09-13, 09:18 PM
That doesn't mean you might be leaving us in a couple of years does it?

Nope mate, Will be trading in my wife's Magna for the Defender..... Gonna Keep the Jeep. Its emotional... I bought my first bike Enfield in 1998 and it still sits in my dad's garage registered in my name. My JK is in that club... Probably I will teach my daughter 4wding in it.... Despite what non Jeepers say my Jeep has never given me troubles Been everywhere I pointed it ..... Even did half the Capertee track in RWD Low range as the front shaft had broken just before the summit....... There are strong rumors that Land Rover are working on an all independent Defender. so I want to get my hands on one before that calamity happens.....

shefy
24-09-13, 10:28 AM
Hi Mani
Well, that didn't last long..... Just had my Saturday confiscated with extreme prejudice and there's no chance of me getting near the TJ's driver door this week end.
Too bad for some, great for the next in line..... enjoy the day.
Cheers,
Shefy.

Paul-JK
24-09-13, 09:20 PM
Yep, I'm out too. Pity, was looking forward to it. Apparently I have a prior engagement........just not one that I needed to know about until today!

I'm going to try for Steve's sunday run instead, unless she can arrange a prior engagement for Sunday as well.

sfedek
24-09-13, 09:43 PM
AH CRAP, I am out as well Mani. Crap, Crap, Crap. I was so looking forward to this too. Eddy

bert-a
25-09-13, 10:10 PM
Hi Mani
Look like theres still a spot for another jeeper so pls count me in.
Thanks,
Bert

jetkev
25-09-13, 10:16 PM
Now I have to work on Saturday as well.

Dieselcon
26-09-13, 10:33 PM
Im Excited about this outing... been a long time since Ive been up this way (since Jambo)... Will be having a crack at Mount walker for sure...

DanD
26-09-13, 11:02 PM
hehe and i'll be well away from the damaging trails, out of the Jeep, watching you & saying "I wouldnt do that if you held a gun to my head" :P

Im Excited about this outing... been a long time since Ive been up this way (since Jambo)... Will be having a crack at Mount walker for sure...

TRBN8R
27-09-13, 07:58 AM
See you guys tomorrow @ 0730..... If u need to pull out at the last minute just shoot me a sms on 0405801230.....

Cheers
Mani

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Flatfender
27-09-13, 10:33 AM
Mani - I will be at Lithgow Shell Station at 0900hrs.
Looking forward to a good day out.
Cheers Ian W.

TRBN8R
27-09-13, 10:54 AM
Cheers Ian W.

No worries mate.....

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Dieselcon
27-09-13, 03:58 PM
Cheers Ian W.

we will be as well - 0900 Lithgow Shell ... :)

Cpage66
27-09-13, 05:27 PM
Same here...will be at the servo by 0900.

DanD
27-09-13, 09:49 PM
Ditto to the above - will see you all at the servo by 9am :)

Cpage66
28-09-13, 07:32 PM
Great day everyone...Thanks Mani!

Flatfender
29-09-13, 10:44 AM
Thanks Mani - another enjoyable day!
Good to see I was not the only "proper" Jeep out there today as well.
Cheers
Ian W.

Bear
29-09-13, 11:37 AM
Thanks to Mani for organising the trip 28/09, thanks to every one for their support via radio when we became separated from the group. An extra special thanks to Mani who backtracked from where ever the group was to join up with us when we eventually made it back to the lunch spot. We became separated when we opted to bail out early and as we passed the last power tower the Navman (Hema maps) couldn't find any more trails and kept displaying a graphic saying "return to the nearest road".

DanD
29-09-13, 04:23 PM
(Have only just switched on the computer after doing other tasks all day)

Many thanks to Mani! Another great trip to push my comfort levels :D ! Thanks to all for another great day out! Will get what pics & vids I have up over the next day or two :)

Fussy
29-09-13, 09:46 PM
What a great day, very enjoyable tracks, sceneries and company (including the defender)
Mani, many thanks for running the trip and keeping an eye out for us all.

Dieselcon
29-09-13, 09:50 PM

Video clip soon to follow :)

TRBN8R
29-09-13, 11:21 PM
Hi Guys,

The trip was advertised and filled up quickly. We ended up with a really sunny and partly windy day. The attendees were as follows

1. Mani @ TRBN8R
2. Ian @ Flat Fende
3. Chris @ CPage666
4. Bear & Maggie
5. Jose @ Dieselcon
6. Dan @ DanD
7. Richard @ Fussy
8. Dave @ DLE068
9. Bert @ Bert-A
10. John (S)Wayne :) ;)....
11. Wayne (Our Cousin from AULRO)

I tried to be the first to Reach Richmond McDonalds at 0715 and found Dave Elliott beat me to it.... All the Jeeps rocked up by 0730 We had some brekky and took off from Richmond in a convoy of 4 Jeeps and one 110 Defender at 0755. We reached Shell Station at Bowenfels at 0915. Ian, Chris, Dan, Bert, John and our director of cinematography Jose along with his young assistant were all waiting there for us.... After taking a break andusual chitchat and introductions we headed off to the bush about 0940. Aired down and disconnected we headed to the quarry.... Everyone had a nice time playing around at the quarry and our guest Wayne from AULRO proved that his 110 Defender can fle x as well as a Jeep. Then we headed to a climb behind the quarry. Richard gave us a good view of his undercarriage here..... We headed off thru the bush towards the Powerlines climb providing jumpstart to a stalled bike on the way. On the way we had a play at another climb and found it has also been smoothened out a bit more than before. We did the powerlines climb without incident except for Richard parking in the chicken track and Bear nearly shooting his black powder pistol at him for this indiscretion. On top of this climb John Swayne decided to call it a day and headed home. We rolled down the hill towards the Cox's River Crossing. The water level has dropped since I was last there so we found the river to be a bit less fun this time. We decided to break for lunch at the bottom of next climb. After lunch we played on the climb and Bear decided to call it a day and headed off home. We headed off to Mount Walker from there. When we were very close to Mount Walker we heard Maggie on the radio. They took one wrong turn and lost the GPS decided to quit at that time leaving them stranded. They informed us that they were headed back to the lunch spot. I left the convoy to conquer Mount Walker while I backtracked to the lunch spot to collect Maggie and Bear. By time we reached Mount Walker the team was already heading down from Mount Walker. From here we followed the trail to the pine forest where I once again lead the convoy confidently in the wrong direction against advice from Wayne. We eventually found a way out to the highway. Aired up connected and on our way back by 1615 Hrs.

Nil injuries or damage to report.

For pics contact chief photographer Jose Menendes.....

Mani

Dieselcon
29-09-13, 11:47 PM
http://youtu.be/3PRz7mrEr2w

Enjoy :)

Fussy
30-09-13, 06:29 AM
Great Video Jose.
Mani, in my defense the club has been teaching me to successfully tackle the challenging track that I automatically assume that the chicken tracks are parking/waiting bays. :D :D

Once again, I apologise for the negligence :(

Maggie
30-09-13, 08:42 AM
Great Video Jose.
Mani, in my defense the club has been teaching me to successfully tackle the challenging track that I automatically assume that the chicken tracks are parking/waiting bays. :D :D

Forget it Richard, all over and we all had a great day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

SteveC
30-09-13, 10:54 AM
Nice Vid there guys

redrubi
30-09-13, 11:21 PM
Nice vid Jose & nice DECAL!!!

TRBN8R
01-10-13, 07:22 AM
Great Video Jose.

It was a joke Rich. Here at SJC we dont take these things seriously, but will keep pulling ur leg for a few months....... Ask Wolfe about his pink pants or jumping over fire or Bear about water in petrol.... Hope u enjoyed the trip......

Cheers
Mani

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk 2

Fussy
01-10-13, 11:06 AM
It was a joke Rich. Here at SJC we dont take these things seriously, but will keep pulling ur leg for a few months....... Ask Wolfe about his pink pants or jumping over fire or Bear about water in petrol.... Hope u enjoyed the trip......

Cheers
Mani

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk 2

Mani, I did enjoy the trip and I am looking forward to the next trip. :D