PDA

View Full Version : SJC Family Christmas Party 2013 Sunday 1/12/13

Hunno
14-10-13, 01:53 PM
The Annual SJC Christmas Party is on again!!!

Nurragingy Reserve, Doonside.

Sunday 1 December 2013.

Melaleuca Picnic Area.

1030am (Lunch & Santa around 1230pm).

http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Discover_Blacktown/Venues_and_Facilities/Open_Space_Parks_and_Reserves/Nurragingy_Reserve/Nurragingy_Map (http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Discover_Blacktown/Venues_and_Facilities/Open_Space_Parks_and_Reserves/Nurragingy_Reserve/Nurragingy_Map)

We will be having a Santa visit (I hope, this need to be discussed with the previous Santa). Presents for Kids are to kept at a $10 limit & will need to be given in early so Santa has time to pack them.

What to bring:
Swimmers & Towel
Balls & bats
Frisbees
Chairs
Sunscreen & Hat
And most of all a Happy Christmas attitude,

BBQ lunch & Soft drinks will be supplied by the club.

Paul-JK
14-10-13, 03:55 PM
Sounds good!

Will pop in if I can but that's the weekend we get the new house so things might be a little manic. We'll also have a 2 week old bub (give or take) by that point and I think the mother-in-law will be here from the UK as well........could be good excuse to leave them alone for some quality mother/daughter/grandbub time I think!

dobbo56
14-10-13, 04:21 PM
Ya might want to pop a time on this Hunno..

TRBN8R
14-10-13, 05:00 PM
I would love to come but I get my roster on 27th november. So its a tentative yes....

Steve F
14-10-13, 07:40 PM
We'll be there :)

Cheers
Steve

Bear
14-10-13, 07:52 PM
If you are checking numbers for catering purposes count us in.

cheers Maggie and Bear

richhenning
14-10-13, 08:09 PM
We will be there for sure
rich

Wallyd
14-10-13, 08:10 PM
Busy weekend for Alicia and I!!! Saturday, Alicia's work has organised the mud run at the equestrian centre at 2 pm. From there, hose down and off to Turon River for the Zook Xmas party. Stay the night, up bright n early, breaky, and then off to Nurungigee (spelling) for the Jeep Xmas party!!!!

Dave
14-10-13, 08:30 PM
I'll be there! Will try and bring some friends too!

Dave

Hunno
14-10-13, 10:03 PM
Busy weekend for Alicia and I!!! Saturday, Alicia's work has organised the mud run at the equestrian centre at 2 pm. From there, hose down and off to Turon River for the Zook Xmas party. Stay the night, up bright n early, breaky, and then off to Nurungigee (spelling) for the Jeep Xmas party!!!!
Never been their, just going off their spelling on the website.

Wallyd
14-10-13, 10:12 PM
Hunno, i meant im not sure if i spelt it correctly...

Wolfe
14-10-13, 10:13 PM
looking forward to it

Maggie
14-10-13, 10:44 PM
It is 5 minutes from us so I will do a recce during the week and let you know what is there...some areas have shelter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

redrubi
14-10-13, 11:26 PM
There with bells on!!! Christmas bells:excitement:

Wal, good to see you went and built a platform on top of the fence!!:encouragement:

Wooders
15-10-13, 12:38 AM
We'll be there

Wallyd
15-10-13, 07:11 AM
Wal, good to see you went and built a platform on top of the fence!!:encouragement:

One needs to be comfortable

AV8
15-10-13, 11:14 AM
We're unable to make it on that date ... Thousand apologies and Merry XMas, Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays to all.

Heidi
15-10-13, 11:18 AM
We will be there :) Subie club is the following weekend phew

ACJ
17-10-13, 08:12 AM
Jo, Joshua & myself will be there

DanD
17-10-13, 10:13 PM
Will drop by to say hello if no-one else springs anything on me for that day :)

Maggie
17-10-13, 10:20 PM
Went for a drive through yesterday, tree shade but would recommend taking gazebo. Short walk to water park.

Hunno
17-10-13, 10:24 PM
Went for a drive through yesterday, tree shade but would recommend taking gazebo. Short walk to water park.

Yep, will be taking the gazebo. Did you see the bbq's?

Bear
17-10-13, 10:35 PM
Not sure about BBQs, but with current fire restrictions would recommend use of gas.

Maggie will walk through on the w/end and report back.

Hunno
17-10-13, 11:37 PM
Not sure about BBQs, but with current fire restrictions would recommend use of gas.

Maggie will walk through on the w/end and report back.

Gas is out during a total fireban anyway.
I believe they electric in parts of the park.

thanks for the recon.

Bear
19-10-13, 06:35 PM
Is there going to be the usual annual show and shine??

Is there going to be a prize for the show and shine?

DanD
19-10-13, 06:46 PM
Is there going to be the usual annual show and shine??

Is there going to be a prize for the show and shine?

You mean that I actually need to clean my JK? The bush pinstripes are a badge of honour to me!

ick72
19-10-13, 09:17 PM
It doesn't have to shine to win dan can't waste all that hard earned striping

Steve F
22-10-13, 10:14 AM
I'm out again, forgot that I am doing a charity run that day. Might try and get along beofre after afterwards but I'll see how it goes.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
22-10-13, 04:50 PM

Gas is out during a total fireban anyway.

Gas BBQ's are okay, as I posted in the Canberra weekend;

From NSW RFS Website - Total Fire Ban Rules

During a Total Fire Ban no fire may be lit in the open and all Fire permits are suspended. This includes incinerators and barbecues which burn solid fuel, e.g. wood or charcoal.

Can I use an electric barbeque?

You can use an electric barbeque for cooking as long as it is under the direct control of a responsible adult, who is present at all times while it is operating, and no combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating.

Can I use a gas barbeque?

You can use a gas barbeque under the following conditions:

It is under the direct control of a responsible adult, present at all times while it is operating;
No combustible material is allowed within two metres at any time it is operating;
You have an immediate and continuous supply of water; and

o The barbeque is within 20 metres of a permanent private dwelling such as a home;
o The barbeque is within a picnic area and the appliance is approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest

Dave

PS, believe the last two points mean either within 20 metres of a private dwelling OR in a picnic area

Hunno
22-10-13, 06:25 PM
Yep it's the very last point gets us over the line. Thanks Dave

Wolfe
22-10-13, 09:41 PM
It is under the direct control of a responsible adult, present at all times while it is operating;

Did you see this bit hunno?

Hunno
22-10-13, 10:48 PM
[/LIST]
Did you see this bit hunno?

Yes I did. Just figured someone will bring their mum(see: Wife).

Wolfe
22-10-13, 11:05 PM
Any one else having trouble replying to threads tonight?

Wooders
22-10-13, 11:26 PM
Yup

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Nixolus
23-10-13, 10:02 AM
just out of curiosity, What is your immediate and continuous supply of water?

ick72
23-10-13, 10:58 AM
I believe there is some taps around the BBQs

redrubi
24-10-13, 07:20 PM
I believe Hunno's bladder may suffice!!!! LOL:highly_amused:

Hunno
26-11-13, 09:30 PM
Reminder

We will be having a Santa visit (I hope, this need to be discussed with the previous Santa). Presents for Kids are to kept at a $10 limit & rapped, will need to be given in early so Santa has time to pack them.

Hunno
26-11-13, 09:38 PM
And BYO Chairs

Paul-JK
26-11-13, 09:39 PM
Do we park at the picnic area or is there a designated parking area and then we have to walk in?

DanD
26-11-13, 10:51 PM
Do we park at the picnic area

Do you mean to just drive over stuff until we get to a spot that looks ok? ;)

Hunno
01-12-13, 10:59 AM
The Annual SJC Christmas Party is on again!!!

Nurragingy Reserve, Doonside.

Melaleuca Picnic Area.

[/FONT]
http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Discover_Blacktown/Venues_and_Facilities/Open_Space_Parks_and_Reserves/Nurragingy_Reserve/Nurragingy_Map (http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Discover_Blacktown/Venues_and_Facilities/Open_Space_Parks_and_Reserves/Nurragingy_Reserve/Nurragingy_Map)

Take the road around to the west

Hunno
01-12-13, 12:19 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/01/u9a3u3ev.jpg

Wallyd
02-12-13, 08:21 PM
I would like to thank all who organised and ran the show yesterday. It was nice to catch up with a few and sad to not be able to catch up with lots more!!!! Had a family do in Balgowlah Hts to attend to!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Wolfe
02-12-13, 10:37 PM
Well done Andy And Charlene for your terrific lunch, you worked all day without a break, dedication. Thanks to hunno for organization, transport and crowd control. Thanks to the army of workers who helped set up and take down Gazebos, tables, bar b ques stocked ice chests full of drinks and passed around plates of nibblies. Thanks to Alex for the scrumptious ice creams And finally thanks to all who attended, making it a very successful Xmas party........................Special thanks to Santa, love your work.

shefy
02-12-13, 11:19 PM
Yeah, what he said......... big thanks for a great day in great company :encouragement:

Paul-JK
03-12-13, 09:37 AM
I'd like to add my thanks to all who organised the day. It was a great day and nice to catch up with a few folks I've not seen for a while (note to self, must get out on more trips!) and put faces to few more names from the forum.