PDA

View Full Version : Mount Airly Closed ? - Mining Company Access Restricted

glend
16-10-13, 03:44 PM
I am informed by a mate of mine that has known Col for many years, that the Mount Airly tracks are now closed due to the mining company insisting that all users of the tracks have undertaken mining company orientation training (at their cost). This was apparently expected. I can't say for certain that this is enforced but perhaps the club should check directly with Col before any more trips head up that way.

SteveC
16-10-13, 06:32 PM
BTW It's easy to attain mining accredition

Hunno
16-10-13, 06:44 PM
Ok, then would someone like to follow up on both of these fronts & get back to us. I would love to but 2 12hrs shifts before Fridays show I think I may be a little busy.

AV8
16-10-13, 07:29 PM
Ok, then would someone like to follow up on both of these fronts & get back to us. I would love to but 2 12hrs shifts before Fridays show I think I may be a little busy.

Just chased this up Hunno. Spoke to Col himself today at 1826 hrs. Mt Airly is open. He said to rock up as usual and the gorgeous tracks are still open. Been fighting the mining company for years according to him.

hope this helps.

Hunno
16-10-13, 07:37 PM
Just chased this up Hunno. Spoke to Col himself today at 1826 hrs. Mt Airly is open. He said to rock up as usual and the gorgeous tracks are still open. Been fighting the mining company for years according to him.

hope this helps.
Awesome, might have to organise a run up there in a couple of weeks.

uncaged123
16-10-13, 10:39 PM
Hunno, can you hold that trip back to early December as I'm fully booked until then.

Chees

Heidi
17-10-13, 11:38 AM
there will be a draft plan of managment released soon for comment - it is vital that you all respond to that to ensure the area is kept open