PDA

View Full Version : Darryl and Kathy's TJ

Daz7
12-11-13, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone,

Recently rejoined the club and thought I'd post up some pics of our current TJ.

Not looking to go over the top with the build, more looking for an everyday vehicle for Kath and something that can do most things ok.

So far we've added a Metal Cloak front bar, 17" AEV rims and 32" KM2's, a OME HD lift along with an ARB rear bar. Still need to add in some sway bar disconnects for the front, sill protection and still tossing up over a 1" body lift along with a tummy tuck and fuel tank lift.

Quite happy with the outcomes so far, as it rides and handles much better than my last TJ with 4.5" SA and 33's. We're looking to do a little touring and after recently returning from a trip towing a hired Cub camper we were more than happy with how its all working.

As usual customer service from the US retailers has been exceptional but can't say the same about our dealings with ARB locally. From them supplying the suspension kit with bolts that didn't fit the supplied nuts for the rear drop panhard bracket, to the replacement steering dampener that is only suitable for LHD fitment (needed a bracket from Blackjack welding to work) advising them about this brought a don't care, we'll give you a refund if you like attitude . Also had problems ordering the rear bar, as confirming it had a integrated tow hitch only brought up replies from numerous stores that no it doesnt and we would need the rear bar and a Hayman Reese tow bar combo.

Worked out, that the 3 different ARB locations contacted were looking at their JK offerings. A call to head office that initially gave me the same reply changed, when the poor guy that I was banging on to took the initiative to go have a look in the warehouse. Yes, it does have a rated tow hitch! not a bad purchase for less than $700 with club discount. Only downside is weight and its a bugger to fit.

Anyway, heres a couple of photos of how the Jeep stands currently, looking forward to getting out on a few club trips.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1393733_10151792253333821_2059933925_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559774_10151841344003821_1940570562_n.jpg

DLE068
12-11-13, 10:42 AM
Good looking truck. There are people that will be jealous, me for one ( miss my TJ ) n welcome back

Jeep11
12-11-13, 10:46 AM
Welcome, Very nice truck, look forward to meeting you guys on a trip

shefy
12-11-13, 11:36 AM
The rise of the red TJ's, always great to see another well looked after TJ.
See you on the trails.

Daz7
12-11-13, 12:22 PM
Thanks all!

AV8
12-11-13, 12:44 PM
As usual customer service from the US retailers has been exceptional but can't say the same about our dealings with ARB locally. From them supplying the suspension kit with bolts that didn't fit the supplied nuts for the rear drop panhard bracket, to the replacement steering dampener that is only suitable for LHD fitment (needed a bracket from Blackjack welding to work) advising them about this brought a don't care, we'll give you a refund if you like attitude . Also had problems ordering the rear bar, as confirming it had a integrated tow hitch only brought up replies from numerous stores that no it doesnt and we would need the rear bar and a Hayman Reese tow bar combo....

hear hear. Welcome back to the club and very nice looking rig you got there. Tried to spend some money locally but they don't want your money due to indifference to customers. One even put out an ashtray marked "Customer's Ashes" out in the reception area. I know it's meant to be funny but when service is crappers... it's not.

Jeep11
12-11-13, 03:33 PM
I don't want to turn this into a Mechanics bash, but man stay away from that Total Care 4WD at Seven Hills, I would prefer to have root canal then go back there. Over priced, rude, sighing and rolling there eyes when you tell them you own a Jeep.

Nekked
16-11-13, 07:59 AM
I don't want to turn this into a Mechanics bash, but man stay away from that Total Care 4WD at Seven Hills, I would prefer to have root canal then go back there. Over priced, rude, sighing and rolling there eyes when you tell them you own a Jeep.

I agree with the handbrake, total care 4x4 overcharge and do a horrible job on Jeeps. I'd never go back there.