PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust up grade

Jeep11
02-12-13, 02:20 PM
Hey Everybody,
I was hoping to get some feedback or advice, I am thinking of up grading my exhaust In the JK. I am looking for a power increase. I am thinking of a full system extractors the lot.
So question is
1 Am I heading in the right direction? or should I look at another up grade?
2 What Brand ?
3 Who can fit them?
4 What would be a rough price? ball park figure.

Just in case : 2011 JK 3.8L Petrol, 6 speed manual.

oldman
02-12-13, 06:14 PM
for a performance upgrade you can feel thru your seat consider changing the diff ratios to 4.10,s. Talk to Wooders.

Elio S
20-03-14, 06:21 AM
You may get a small power increase by changing the headers, catalytic converter, exhaust ect, but it won't give you anything you'll notice apart from sound. It's big dollars for little increase. Having said that, it you spend dolllars upgrading the throttle body, injectors and reprogramming the ecu, you'll need to upgrade the exhaust. If the reason you want a power increase is because you've put bigger tyres on it, then as oldman mentioned, change the diff ratio's.

dobbo56
20-03-14, 04:18 PM
Stuff all that, wack a dirty great BLOWER on it, saw one on ebay and ajor going for around 4k used, good boost in power and torque. Cheapest power upgrade you can do, kw per dollar. Doggy....

Nekked
14-04-14, 07:33 AM
who cares about the limited power increase you get from an exhaust upgrade, all that matters is how it sounds! the increase in sound will give you more enjoyment, and subconsiously you will think you have more power. Go a 3inch straight through exhaust... Its alive, ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE...!!!!!!!!!!! you should be able to get a straight through stainless exhaust for around 600.

rupicon
14-04-14, 09:50 AM
Fully sic Alex

Jeep11
14-04-14, 12:23 PM
Well I tried to get the supercharger pass Hayley, and that didn't work!!! end up going with a Rancho system. No increase in power, but I have noticed the Jeep doesn't ping anymore, and it has a quicker response when jumping on the loud pedal.
Bring on Camp Coffs
P.S I got a full sic sub woofer installed

jetkev
04-06-14, 07:25 PM
Should have a go at the supercharger lol, just don't blow it

Jeep11
06-12-14, 02:17 PM
All ready for tomorrow

DLE068
14-12-14, 12:15 AM
6.4L Hemi conversion there my friend. Guaranteed to give u a power boost there big fella.
Exhaust note awesome, street cred. 100%.
Coming to a 08 Rubi near me soon

AV8
14-12-14, 09:05 AM
6.4 Hemi? That's awesome. Good luck with the conversion and keep us updated. I think Stu Murchison and the other bloke in Perth have done it, so should be no worries.

I was looking at a modest non HO to HO swap but the idea has fallen by the way side. No one here to deal with PCM, knock sensors, a/c issues. TOO HARD :hopelessness:

No replacement for displacement!! :)

Jeep11
14-12-14, 03:52 PM
6.4L Hemi conversion there my friend. Guaranteed to give u a power boost there big fella.
Exhaust note awesome, street cred. 100%.
Coming to a 08 Rubi near me soon
Sound good brother, I don't think I could get the cash for that LOL

Jeep11
25-08-15, 07:33 PM
Latest up grades,
Super Charger
New Rims andTyres
Front Diff re build

richhenning
25-08-15, 10:03 PM
Oh I gotta see this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk