PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remove front bumper from 96 XJ Cherokee Classic

Bateman
08-12-13, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone, I have a bull bar off another 96 Cherokee xj that I want to fit to my XJ. I tried removing the front bumper off mine today but the front left mounting plate behind the bumper - where the three bolts go - looks like it has been welded in place, so I can't take it off. Is that standard on a 96 XJ Classic Cherokee, or am I doing something wrong? I removed the three nuts from the front right but it doesn't look like I can do anything with the front left side - it look completely stuck in place. Any ideas please?

Hunno
13-12-13, 02:17 PM
G'day mate, chuck up a photo or 2 as it would help people remember.

rupicon
13-12-13, 05:02 PM
Sounds a bit strange I recently took a bull bar off my XJ it was easy only thing I can think of is you have mist a bolt , maybe the recovery point ?

Rob.79
20-12-13, 01:37 PM
Sounds a bit strange I recently took a bull bar off my XJ it was easy only thing I can think of is you have mist a bolt , maybe the recovery point ?

I took a look at mine too, (98 XJ), looks like just 3 bolts each side? Has someone modded it and welded it to the recovery mount? You should still be able to unbolt the recovery mount from the Chassis/Body?