PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker - 27th November

Wooders
10-11-05, 01:39 PM
Just noticed there was not thread for Woodpecker 8O
Also as mentioned in th club matters section - we might need a backup for us.....NT mud seems to have gotten the better of my TJ :(

Steve F
10-11-05, 02:00 PM
I'll be going to watch at Woodpecker, I have to make it to ONE of the comps this year :)

As an aside if you need help during the week to get the TJ going let me know as I'm happy to help if it means I get to see you compete :twisted:

Cheers
Steve

ann
10-11-05, 03:28 PM
we might need a backup for us.....NT mud seems to have gotten the better of my TJ :(

Youre covered if this is the case David :) Rest easy :)

ann
14-11-05, 02:23 PM
Remember all members that plan to stay the Saturday night need to book their plot.

http://www.dargle.com.au/

Make sure you mention you are a member of the Sydney Jeep Club when you book so we are all together :)

Wooders
14-11-05, 03:01 PM
Well got the TJ started on the weekend (abet roughly).
Got a few things to fix - and it should be ok.....
BUT I'll pull out now rather than stuff about.....
Still hope to get up there to cheer - but a few other things outside my control right now .....

ann
14-11-05, 03:53 PM
Thanks Wooders for the notice. Hope to see you up there :)

Steve F
14-11-05, 04:58 PM
So what vehicles are we cheering for?

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
14-11-05, 05:40 PM
If i can get a spare second away from work then i should be there.

Fill us in on the fill in ann!?

Jaffas
14-11-05, 10:19 PM
I'm hoping to make an appearance...

Antz
15-11-05, 01:45 AM
I'll be there, most likely heading up early Sunday morning.

ann
15-11-05, 10:54 AM
You will be screaming for:

First Team
Ben
Jumbo

Second Team
Brad
Gordo

Reserve: Mr Dennis :)

BenC
15-11-05, 12:03 PM
At this stage I'll be heading up Saturday morning, leaving home around 9 or 9.30

ann
22-11-05, 01:03 PM
bump this!

This weekend dont miss out peoples!

(in my best america man voice)

orrr
26-11-05, 10:48 PM
me and Dan will be there tomorrow too

orrr

Steve F
26-11-05, 10:52 PM
I'll be there on 0411 688 057 if anyone wants to meet up. I'll probably have the handheld on UHF 15 as well.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
27-11-05, 10:47 PM
How did we go?????
Suspense is killing me :(

Antz
27-11-05, 11:09 PM
I didnt make it there but I know we were not top 3 (club, team or individual)

Steve F
28-11-05, 07:13 AM
Ben broke his front driveshaft in stage one but Jumbo got through it. Jumbo started the seond stage but didn't get that far. Teh it rained somemore, got muddier, and I went home :( Brad and Wiz hung around longer so will probably have some more details.

Cheers
Steve

ann
28-11-05, 08:35 AM
Hate rain, tired, broken, wet, muddy, hate rain..

BenC
28-11-05, 09:48 AM
The rain sucked hard.. bucketed down Saturday night, and pretty much all Sunday.

I was happy with the performance of my rig until the front shaft snapped.

The shorter front shaft made a huge difference. There was no more binding up of the front end due to the shaft bottoming out, and I was getting HEAPS more flex at the front (probably close to the amount I get out of the back with the coil overs). This raised a minor problem in that one of my front springs fell clean out as I was coming down the first big decent. The guys popped it back in while I was still on the decent and it was fine.

Not sure why the front shaft let go yet. There are a couple of theories. Perhaps it hit the new skid plate due to all the extra wheel travel in the front end, or perhaps it hit a submerged log, as I saw some teams in front of us throw Y shaped sections of log into the last long wombat hole (where the shaft snapped). The tube material wasn't the thickest stuff around either. Will take what remains out, try and work out what went wrong and make adjustments to suit.

Jumbo did well to get past me and finish Stage one, then get around to the bottom of Stage 2 before timing out. Sorry for the hold up :oops: :( :oops:

Gordo went out aobut 2/3 through stage 1 for hitting the post that says "If you hit this your hold lady should be driving" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dennis had an awesome drive and scored 290, winching at CV rock and Jackhammer. The whole team that spotted him and did the packing of the track up ahead did a great job.

Unlucky weekend for the club, and the wet weather really didn't help.

Didn't really get any pics due to the rain, but I'll see what Kim did manage to get and post it up.

Dorzun
28-11-05, 07:19 PM
twasn't our season this year was it.

Cpage66
28-11-05, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a helluva an effort anyway guys...Blow it up next year!!!!

sir_camel
28-11-05, 10:19 PM
Yea top effort guys even though the result wasnt as cool as it could have been. Defending titles is HARD. Am sorry i couldnt be there but after wrenching on my heep for 15 hours on Saturday the last thing i wanted to do was stand in the mud and rain all day.

Jumbo
29-11-05, 01:20 PM
Just finished going through the cage-cam and helmet-cam footage,should make for some interesting watching.lots of slippage and spinning and I think the mud made everyones right foot a little heavy.. :) A couple of nice shots of the Jeeps trying to mark out their territory by cocking a rear wheel here and there. :D

Jumbo did well to get past me and finish Stage one, then get around to the bottom of Stage 2 before timing out. Sorry for the hold up no worries mate poo happens,I think you were lucky it went where it did could have been a bit nasty happening half way up Jack Hammer

a big thanks to all the team and spectators