PDA

View Full Version : XJ Electric fan thermostat

Franrick
08-01-14, 01:43 AM
My electric fan refuses to shut of so it is temporally disconnected. Can anybody tell me where the thermostat that controls the fan is located so that I can replace it.

I would also like to know where I can get some front recovery points.

Regards, Rick.

Rob.79
08-01-14, 01:16 PM
Recovery points - new, try 'WOODERS' - or, I think I spotted some used ones for sale on ausjeep.com recently?

And the fan, I'm guessing engine cooling fan and not heater blower?? its controlled by the engine temperature sensor? on the engine block, or on the radiator its self? I would also expect to see a fan control relay (5pin?) in the relay/fuse box? and maybe an inline fan control diode ( somwhere in the harness? between the temp sensor and relay)? and it would prob have a live feed from the A/C to the relay, so it turns on all the time with the A/C... Hope that helps, not sure of exact locations though..

Rob

Rob.79
08-01-14, 01:43 PM
Also, It should run all the time if the Engine and A/C are switched 'ON' and may run on a while after the engine is turned off, if the engine temperature is still 'too high'

Elio S
12-01-14, 11:02 PM
Check your fan relay. Have had this happen on other model cars. It's reasonably common

Steve F
18-01-14, 10:53 PM
The fan is controlled by the ecu but if the relay dies it will stay on all the time so I'd start there. Even with the air on it should cycle on and off not stay on. The only time it stays on is if the temp hits 105 and then it runs constantly until it drops below 101c

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk