PDA

View Full Version : annoying self locking doors

Bear
17-02-14, 03:31 PM
In the last 3 weeks my '07 JK 2door Rubicon has developed a habit of locking the doors once the vehicle reaches 25kph.

On consultation with the owners handbook I find this is a safety feature, also there are instructions how to disable this feature. I have followed these directions with no success.

I have 2 questions. 1) What would cause this feature to suddenly become active after 5years.
2) How do I de-activate the feature, short of disconnecting the electric locks.

DanD
17-02-14, 07:30 PM
Sorry I can't help you with this Bear, but - I should really read the instruction booklet as this is a feature that I want to turn on haha Was trying to turn it on with the turn key to acc 3-4 times and press the lock button, but no worky :(

Bear
17-02-14, 09:24 PM
What intrigues me is the fact that it has sat dormant for 5 years. I tried the technique out lined in the book, I can't disable this feature.

TRBN8R
17-02-14, 09:59 PM
Have you recently got it serviced from the company... May be some techie reflashed the computer.... Other than that it is a good safety feature, Why would you want to disable it....

DanD
17-02-14, 11:24 PM
Have you recently got it serviced from the company... May be some techie reflashed the computer.... Other than that it is a good safety feature, Why would you want to disable it....

I honestly dont know why, but, when driving around Penrith, I always have my doors locked from the inside...

dobbo56
18-02-14, 02:28 PM
I honestly dont know why, but, when driving around Penrith, I always have my doors locked from the inside...Is that to stop people getting out Dan ???

DanD
19-02-14, 08:19 AM
Is that to stop people getting out Dan ???

Hehe not at all as when a door is opened the whole Jeep unlocks - mainly due to my paranoia I guess. :P

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DanD
21-02-14, 08:04 PM
Just as an update for everyone that doesn't give a rats - was driving through Alexandria today without locking my doors (had to make a pit stop at a servo after the drive from Lapstone) and the doors locked themselves when I hit about 30-40km/hr - prior to this, I turned the key from off to ACC 4 times and then hit the lock button on the door - so apparently it works when turning it on... Reg, how have you gone with your errant doors?

(before anyone asks or makes comment - was in Alexandria to get some bits & pieces for my e-cigarettes - been off the stinkies for 6 days now - my JK smells like shite and will get some Febreeze into it when I get paid next to get rid of the smoky smell in it...)

richhenning
21-02-14, 11:16 PM
Keep it up Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanD
22-02-14, 12:24 AM
Keep it up Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will do boss, been 6 days now and have an e-cig that looks like a freakin light sabre lol

Paul-JK
22-02-14, 09:13 AM
Good on ya Dan......and just think of all of the extra mods you can get for the JK with the money you would have spend on cigarettes!

DanD
22-02-14, 10:22 AM
Good on ya Dan......and just think of all of the extra mods you can get for the JK with the money you would have spend on cigarettes!

;) that was actually the main motivation to look at getting away from them ($$$$)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bear
23-02-14, 10:27 AM
, I turned the key from off to ACC 4 times and then hit the lock button on the door - so apparently it works when turning it on... Reg, how have you gone with your errant doors?

Dan I tried the above again 4 times yesterday, to no avail, the mongrel doors still keep locking themselves.
I guess it is a matter of learning to live with it.

DanD
23-02-14, 07:28 PM
Gday Reg, have you tried the same on to acc 4 times but use the passenger side door? I recall someone on ausjeep saying that they needed to do it to the passenger door (as our passenger door is the US drivers door)

Bear
25-02-14, 11:14 AM
Thanks DanD, success at last! I followed the sequence, only this time I used the passenger door lock, bingo no more annoying self locking doors.

DanD
25-02-14, 10:28 PM
Great to hear Reg :D !

Dieselcon
25-02-14, 10:52 PM
Was in Alexandria to get some bits & pieces for my e-cigarettes - been off the stinkies for 6 days now - my JK smells like shite and will get some Febreeze into it when I get paid next to get rid of the smoky smell in it...)

Awesome .... Keep it up.... It's a great achievement what you have done. Keep counting the days and see the money you save can be spent on the jeep....firstly the smell and then the mods ...mods will just get bigger and bigger.

Well done

DanD
25-02-14, 11:03 PM
Awesome .... Keep it up.... It's a great achievement what you have done. Keep counting the days and see the money you save can be spent on the jeep....firstly the smell and then the mods ...mods will just get bigger and bigger.

Well done

:D I'm hearing ya :D 9 days now - my liquid nicotine arrived in from the US today (seriously - 12 days from the US to Penrith by regular post - this is a record for me - I have been ordering bits for my guns over the last 13 years and regular post was *never* this fast) if it didnt arrive today I would have been back on the darts until it arrived, but lo and behold, it arrived... adn time for the mad scientist to come out and make up some nicotine liquid that is about the same strength as a JPS blue ciggie...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0QBfPO5LXHY/UwxZy26WwwI/AAAAAAAABiQ/etIEv_I3y-Y/w632-h843-no/DSC_0001.JPG

AV8
26-02-14, 06:42 AM
Self locking doors and e-cig may not mix too well Dan. :single_eye:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=e+cigarette+blows+up&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&gfe_rd=cr&ei=G-MMU6GQFsuN8QfMlYDwDw

DanD
26-02-14, 07:58 AM
Self locking doors and e-cig may not mix too well Dan. :single_eye:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=e+cigarette+blows+up&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&gfe_rd=cr&ei=G-MMU6GQFsuN8QfMlYDwDw

Yeah was looking at all of those when looking into the e-cigs, nothing is without risk these days though :/

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk