PDA

View Full Version : VENTING!!! Car accident today :((

peter saunders
02-03-14, 10:19 PM
ok had my tj wrangler for 18days now, and today sumone decided to crash into the side of me thru a roundabout got me in front left flare and wheel...i thought i got away with it pretty good just few scratches on the flare part... exchanged details, she left, i got in car and my steering wheel is around the wrong way but wheels are straight... had qwick check of steering arms everything seemed ok... drove it to work ok, then finished work took car home... wife came out to inspect damage huge puddle of oil like substance dripping off chassis... asked neighbour who are car nuts they think its the air conditioner coz its a greeny colour... so now it looks like what i thought was qwick fix could of just taken the flares off and left them at smash repairs to being there few days :(....... but all i can say is thank god i had the chrome side bar/step coz if that wasnt there whole side of car/ door would of been stuffed

Paul-JK
02-03-14, 10:46 PM
Not good, but at least you have her details and nobody was hurt.
Sounds like a clear cut case in terms of who's fault it was if you were already on the roundabout so at least your costs are covered, though you never get re-imbursed for the hassle if having to get it fixed.
If she's hit the wheel with some force then I'd be getting the whole steering set up thoroughly checked. You don't want something rattling lose in a few weeks causing another accident.
Agree with you on the side steps. Great for avoiding car park dings as well.

peter saunders
02-03-14, 10:53 PM
yeh no one was hurt which was good... yeh she was in wrong coz i was fully in the roundabout and she came from the left... just plowed straight into me didnt see it coming becsuse i was turning right

redrubi
02-03-14, 10:55 PM
What was she driving? Give her details to your insurance ASAP!

peter saunders
02-03-14, 11:01 PM
a subara impreza... yeh i rang my insurance straight away

uncaged123
04-03-14, 01:03 AM
Yep jeeps are strong and robust. An older fella ran into the back of my jku a few days before I was to show it at the 4wd show. I had a little crumble to the left side of my rear bumper. The other car a toyota corolla had extensive damage to it front. Tried to upgrade the rear bumper to an offroad type but the insurance would only replace what was existing.

stevet
04-03-14, 10:25 PM
Copped the same this afternoon but to the right front flair & bumper end cap. Have not check out underneath yet though................ My friend could not keep in his own bloody lane..........

peter saunders
11-03-14, 03:29 PM
update... car is still off the road :( steering box is f#@ked cant get new replacement so they have to get secondhand one and have it recondition...