View Full Version : This is the GDE tune must have for crd jeeps in USA

Touf kj crd
09-03-14, 04:41 AM
Tuning overview

It is important to know that we tune the engine through the actual vehicle ECU. We are able to change the entire calibration and not just individual sensors. Below list some of the parameters we modify (based on application and software) to improve the engine efficiency:

Fuel Rail Pressure
Better Fuel delivery
Increased power
Boost Pressure
Increased performance
Less visible smoke
Reduces fuel consumption
Improved EGR system
MAXIMIZES fuel economy
MINIMIZES EGR hardware failures
Eliminates soot in intake
Injection Timing
MAXIMIZES fuel economy
Helps lower exhaust temps
Pilot injection Timing/Quantity (on common rail engines)
Maintain low engine noise
Aids in reducing fuel consumption
Governing systems
Enhance driveline stability
Reduce vibration
Better throttle tip-in response
Refined pedal mapping
Tuning changes vary based on application. The goals remain the same; maximize fuel economy, improve drive ability and performance.

Dieselcon
09-03-14, 09:39 AM
With the JKU 2.8crd auto I think the standard power is 130kw @ 460nm. What increase would u expect if tune is specific for towing.

glend
09-03-14, 10:57 AM
I have run the GDE tune in my KJ CRD ECU for years, in fact my KJ was the 'export model' test mule for GDE. GDE offer several variant tunes now and can custom build one for you to meet your requrements. I believe however that they can no longer sell tunes for the newer model years due to legislative changes in the US and possible software changes to the mdels which preclude flashes. In the case of the KJ CRD 2.8 VM engine the KW went up from 120 to 130 but importantly the torque figures went from 400nm to 454nm, I believe the later model engine went from 460nm to 500nm. I shoud point out those figures were for the base ECO tune, the Hot tune had higher figures. Some details will be on the Green Diesel Engineering website, or contact CRDSTU on Ausjeep as he is their agent in Aus.

Paul-JK
09-03-14, 02:49 PM
Hi Jose,
I've got the GDE tune on my 2010 JKU auto. I've got the tune done about 9 months ago and my only regret is not doing it sooner.
I've not had mine dyno tested so not sure of exact figures but the figures glend mentioned are what I was led to believe I would get, roughly a 10% increase in torque.
The max figures aren't what you notice though. What you notice is a distinct reduction in take off lag (so much better around town) and a noticeably stronger pull at lower revs. On some of the hills on the F3/M1 where it would lose speed before if left on cruise control and then have to drop gears it now just sails up smoothly.
As an added bonus I'm now averaging just over 1l/100km better fuel consumption as well, so it'll pay for itself in a couple of years.
I did also notice a reduction in the amount of smoke it puts out as well.
All it all I just wish I'd done it 4 years ago instead of waiting so long.

Touf kj crd
09-03-14, 04:06 PM
They also have tow packages for your transmission only place I found was in Queensland does anybody know of a agent in Sydney for the GDE tune

glend
09-03-14, 05:03 PM
I got mine long before they set up a local agency and thus dealt directly with them during dedvelopment. You have to deal with Murchison Products in Brisbane, as he (CRDSTU) js the sole Australian agent. Re the TCM tunes, I have the standard one they do but they were only for the 545RFE transmission which was not used in the JKs.

BTW, one major advantage of this tune is that it turns off EGR and only opens the valve briefly to bleed of compressor surge in overboost throttle lift off. Your engine will last longer without all that soot going through it.

Paul-JK
09-03-14, 05:26 PM
Re the TCM tunes, I have the standard one they do but they were only for the 545RFE transmission which was not used in the JKs.

All pre-2011 auto CRD JK's have the 545RFE transmission. They switched to a Mercedes (I think) transmission after that with tip-tronic gear select.

What is the tow package? Is this something different/additional to the standard ECO/HOT tune?

Touf kj crd
09-03-14, 07:29 PM
Yes different to the hot tune if you get on green Diesel engine web site they created the GDE

Touf kj crd
09-03-14, 07:40 PM
Yer I spoke to the guy there he seems like the only one that knows what he is talking about they do have a agent in five dock but got no idea was going to go through murchison but little worried I'm not that good with computers and need to do a bit of down loading and so you buy the scanner and down load the engines information on it and email it to them and they will put a program together for you and email it back sounds bit hard for me anyway like I said not that good with computers might see if the agent in five dock can help me just under a $1000 but you keep the scanner