PDA

View Full Version : Concreter wanted

Elio S
19-03-14, 07:10 PM
Not sure if this is the right section to post this in, and I know this might be a longshot, but I'm looking a member or a friend of a member that could quote me on a 4x3 slab of concrete in my backyard for a garden shed. Am happy to chip in with labouring work, but can't do this on my own. I've contacted several concreters out of the local paper and always go through to message bank. Nobody has bothered to return my call. I'm in Chipping Norton.

Cheers

Elio

uncaged123
19-03-14, 11:00 PM
Hi Elio, its a small job that why no one calling you back. If it cost over $1k it requires a contract and the concretor need to be licensed. That the X Fair Trading Inspector in me. However I don't live far from you and could help set out the formwork and guide you through the placement of the concrete.

Better still throw a bar b que with say two cases of grog and get your mates to give you a hand.

Pm me your details.

Cheers Rob S

Wallyd
20-03-14, 09:58 PM
I did a similar sized slab for my shed. Took about an hour using 40kg bags and hired a mixer. Its too easy to do yourself with 1 other person... Dont pay someone to do something small and simple like that. It works out quite cheap, and if you want to do it right, throw in a sheet of reo mesh.

Then I did an 8 x 4 meter slab for a driveway, with stencil, all up around $1300. Did it with my father in law and brother in law. A concreter mate of mine asked me who i used ( coz i didnt use him he was cut), and when i told him i did it, he was very impressed!!!

Sorry, i cannot help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elio S
21-03-14, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the info. Where did you get 40kg bags?? I thought because of OH&S regulations they couldn't make them any bigger than 20kg now. I calculated for a 4 x 3 x 0.1 I'd need around 1.2m3 of concrete. With 20kg bags of readymix, thats around 120 bags of concrete or at Bunnings prices about $700. I was quoted for a minicrete truck delivering the same amount around $450. If I could do it with bags it would be easier as I have access to a mixer and wouldn't have to be in a mad rush to wheelbarrow it into my back yard from the truck.
Might go visit a building supply yard tomorrow.

Wallyd
21-03-14, 08:00 AM
There is a place in minchinbury, behind car city called concrete warehouse or cement warehouse, something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elio S
22-03-14, 08:52 PM
Hey thanks for that WallyD. I found them online, and if the prices displayed online is correct, it's not a hell of a lot more than getting it delivered. They've got branches in Bankstown and Smithfield too which makes it easier for me to get to. Now I just got to figure out how much my rusty old trailer can hold before it caves in on itself lol