PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Jambo/Cape York Club Trip

Steve F
19-11-05, 11:37 PM
I know it's eary days yet but I'm looking at running a club trip in September October 2006. It will be from Sydney to Coffs for a day or two there and then on to the Jambo in QLD and from there up to Fraser Island for a few days and then back to Sydney.

Would anyone be interested in a 2 week trip with 4 days or so on Fraser? I was planning on doing a return Simpson crossing at Easter but a change of job etc has pretty much cancelled that one :(

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
20-11-05, 08:25 PM
Ok, so not much interest in Fraser after the Jambo, how about Cape York? I'm planning on taking 3 weeks leave for this so if you want to come along you'll need to do the same but it could be a once off oppertunity :)

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
20-11-05, 10:28 PM
I'm still undecided if i am going to even make Jambo next year. If i do though as much as i would LOVE to do the Cape or Fraser, some mates are heading to Tassie towards the end of next year and i think it'll be pushing it to go on ANOTHER trip>

Great idea though Steve. I am sure some people will be keen.

Steve F
20-11-05, 10:40 PM
Well I've decided it'll be the Cape, I've come close before but never gone all the way so this time it'll be something like this.

1 day / Friday 28 September 2006 - Sydney to Brisbane/Jambo
2 days / Saturday & Sunday - Jambo
2 days - Jambo to Cairns
14 days - Cairns to Cape to Cairns
3 days - Cairns to Sydney

So 22 days all up. That 14 days going to the Cape and back should leave plenty of sight seeing time :)

Basically after discussions with my wife the trip is on.

Will this be the SJC longest trip? who's going to come along? Will it be a lone XJ up at the Cape with all those stories to tell ;)

Cheers
Steve

Antz
21-11-05, 08:20 PM
Would love to to the Cape, sounds like a good plan Steve.

Can't commit just yet but I'll certainly be thinking about it.

Steve F
21-11-05, 08:35 PM
No problem, just thought I'd put it out there now to try and get some people thinking about it, seems to be working ;) Ideally it'll only be about 4 or 5 vehicles at the most anyway. Just hope some club members take advantage of it as if they haven't done a big trip they really are missing out...

Cheers
Steve

Jaffas
21-11-05, 08:54 PM
ummm...errr.... wow, sounds great... keen, but will have to think on this one... lots to consider, holidays, make sure car ok... other life events.

But sounds tops! Would have been happy with Fraser as well, but seen as I only read this post now, seems cape is the go. I'll chat to you next time I see you Steve

:)

Steve F
21-11-05, 09:30 PM
I was originally thinking Fraser but I've been there a few times and you only need to take 5 days off work to do Fraser. In fact I was going to run a club trip there in Jan but need to work now :( After Cape York the next big one will be a Simpson crossing :) probably some time in 2007!!!

Cheers
Steve

orrr
22-11-05, 01:15 AM
I love to join too Stevef, but 3 weeks may be a bit
too long, let see when its close to the day if I can
take off from work ... Fraser also Sounds good too.

orrr

francesco
01-12-05, 02:33 PM
oh my dream of heading to the cape, it sound like this is the oppotunity.
Will be considering strongly.

Wooders
01-12-05, 03:02 PM
Thinking Fraser - but not sure yet - depends what we'll be towing etc....
The cape would be great but I don't have the holidays to do it and don't want to rush it.

Steve F
01-12-05, 03:25 PM
Thinking Fraser - but not sure yet - depends what we'll be towing etc....
The cape would be great but I don't have the holidays to do it and don't want to rush it.

Maybe you could leave the trailer with Chopper (on Ausjeep) in Hervey Bay or something if you want to do Fraser :)

Cheers
Steve

Dorzun
01-12-05, 04:29 PM
may join you for this, I'm not planning on going to the Jambo but may head up to meet you the day it finishes.

Will see what heather thinks.

Steve F
01-12-05, 04:46 PM
may join you for this, I'm not planning on going to the Jambo but may head up to meet you the day it finishes.

Will see what heather thinks.

Would be good, I'm just starting to map some things out now and based on the time it'll take etc I think for me this will be a once off so I'm looking forward to it :)

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
01-12-05, 05:37 PM
It's a long way off, but i really need to get away and this sounds like just the trip

Steve F
01-12-05, 06:19 PM
It's a long way off, but i really need to get away and this sounds like just the trip

Well you cant get much more away than this and still take the Jeep :)

Cheers
Steve