PDA

View Full Version : Jeep's on the Beach Day. Stockton Beach.

dobbo56
08-04-14, 01:48 PM
It's on again Jeeper's, Jeep's on the Beach Day,

Where -Stockton Beach

When - Sunday 11th May, 8.30.am.

Meet up - Macca's Thornleigh, 6.30.am.

Open to all Jeep's, it's a fun day on the beach.

Bring the usual,
Recovery points, front and rear.
Recovery gear.
UHF. hand held's are fine on the beach.
Shovel.
Compressor.
camera.
sun screen and hat.
Lunch, last year we went to a fish & chip shop but some bought a picnic, up to you.

Check out last yeas trip in the trip section,Dan took some good pics.

See You There Guy's and Girls. Doggy Dave...

dobbo56
08-04-14, 05:58 PM
This is looking to be a BIG event this year, lots more groups than last year and Jeep Action Magazine coming down too. Doggy...

richhenning
08-04-14, 06:40 PM
I'm in for sure Dave.

Teshie
08-04-14, 06:53 PM
Yup, pls count me in too. Thnx.

Jeep11
08-04-14, 07:15 PM
Count hayley and me in

dobbo56
08-04-14, 08:20 PM
Great start guy's but we need a lot more Jeeps to fly the flag for the SJC... Doggy...

DanD
08-04-14, 10:54 PM
Will be there, as crusty in the mornings as always!

richhenning
09-04-14, 09:00 AM
https://m.facebook.com/events/719572848065836

redrubi
09-04-14, 06:35 PM
Maybe!!!!!!!!

Cobus
09-04-14, 08:44 PM
I'm a definite maybe!!

dobbo56
10-04-14, 02:32 PM
Good to see peoples but we still need more Jeeps on that beach. Doggy...

vstanman
10-04-14, 06:22 PM
Can I come? Would like to take aerial footages if allowed

dobbo56
10-04-14, 07:07 PM
Yes, please do, that would be great.

DanD
10-04-14, 11:16 PM
This is looking to be a really good day out (again) just make sure to bring a shovel for the 'just in case' lol

Cant wait for this - should be really fun !! No comments re naked people at Samurai beach please - I'm still purging those memories with significant amounts of uhh pop corn... yea... that'll do...

dobbo56
11-04-14, 09:39 AM
Yep It's going to be BIG........

Rob.79
11-04-14, 10:49 AM
Count me in, all being well I'll be there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep11
11-04-14, 03:57 PM
Is this mothers day ???

Maggie
11-04-14, 05:19 PM
Yes, second Sunday in May

dobbo56
11-04-14, 06:23 PM
Mum's all welcome too, great mothers day outing.

Cpage66
11-04-14, 06:37 PM
Yes please...

redrubi
11-04-14, 07:03 PM
Doggy Mate,
Have you got a spare seat for my "Mother-in-law":eagerness:

dobbo56
12-04-14, 06:24 PM
Yes I do, Hope she dosnt want to go to the nuddie beach.............................

DanD
12-04-14, 07:01 PM
Yes I do, Hope she dosnt want to go to the nuddie beach.............................

You be taking her there anyhow if we all go to Samurai beach...

dobbo56
12-04-14, 07:52 PM
I don't think ill be doing much bouncing about, ill just be getting over a Hernia Opp.

Spar10
13-04-14, 09:07 PM
I have a Wrangler and Cherokee but my Cherokee is a 2014 with road terrains only, will this do? I wan a try out my sand option

redrubi
13-04-14, 10:04 PM
I have a Wrangler and Cherokee but my Cherokee is a 2014 with road terrains only, will this do? I wan a try out my sand option
Road terrains are better on sand than an aggressive pattern like muddies(they don't try to dig in, rather 'float' on top). Just run lower pressure and you should be right!!!:encouragement:

Cheers

Andy:pirate:

Nekked
14-04-14, 08:27 AM
i am in for sure...!

dobbo56
14-04-14, 02:48 PM
i am in for sure...!

Excellent ill follow you.....

TRBN8R
15-04-14, 08:33 AM
Me coming too :) :) :) .....

stevet
17-04-14, 01:02 AM
Trying to make it on the day..............

ROK360
17-04-14, 02:07 AM
Would love to come along, I have managed to get some time into the Waggie and it is serviceable again. The big catch will be the fact that it is Mum's Day. So I am a possible - I shall keep an eye on this thread and update as we get closer. Cheers

shefy
17-04-14, 08:45 PM
Havent had the opportunity to go and play there, would love to make it.

Elio S
21-04-14, 08:03 PM
aaaaaarrrrrrGGGGGHHHHH!!! Any day in May but Mothers Day lol

dobbo56
22-04-14, 10:42 AM
Take Mum Too...
aaaaaarrrrrrGGGGGHHHHH!!! Any day in May but Mothers Day lol

Elio S
22-04-14, 10:19 PM
lol. An elderly Italian lady screaming in the back of the car. No thanks lol

DanD
22-04-14, 10:49 PM
lol. An elderly Italian lady screaming in the back of the car. No thanks lol

Haha put her in the front and on the UHF - let us all enjoy it :P

Elio S
23-04-14, 08:47 PM
Haha put her in the front and on the UHF - let us all enjoy it :P

hahahaha. I couldn't do it to you all lol

DanD
23-04-14, 09:00 PM
hahahaha. I couldn't do it to you all lol

lol yeh you could, doesn't mean to say that we'll all just agree on a new channel for the UHF before you get there and not tell you about it haha

In saying that, understand where you're coming from and the maternal figures in my life will give me absolute hell if I dont see them on the day or the weekend before (even though two of them keep telling me that they don't want more flowers but still get all chuffed when I bring them a big boquet) you've gotta do what you've gotta do!

Tony H
23-04-14, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone,

We are the newbie to the a Jeep world. We have only just picked up our new jeep, which is a Wrangler 2D. We never been 4WD , so by joining the jeep would we hope to learn more.

Looking forward to the run, jeep on the beach.

Tony :cool:&Emily:cool-new:

moon_cherokee
24-04-14, 10:15 PM
Hi everyone ! Do not bury the Cherokee too quickly ! I will try to join as well ! :smile-new:

DanD
24-04-14, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone ! Do not bury the Cherokee too quickly ! I will try to join as well ! :smile-new:

No one is burying anything boss, come along for a great day out!! :D

DanD
30-04-14, 10:00 PM
Just as an update: I have an appointment with the dealer this Friday with regards to a warranty issue on the water pump on my JK... I am now an unknown with this trip as the pump is making noises after 15 minutes of driving to and from work - really not 100% if i'm comfortable in testing it out on an all day drive :/

Wallyd
01-05-14, 05:20 PM
I had my water pump making chirping noises for a few months. Did the whole Snowies trip and then changed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanD
01-05-14, 10:44 PM
I had my water pump making chirping noises for a few months. Did the whole Snowies trip and then changed it.

Just noticed it this morning, but mine is now chirping real good going from Lapstone to Mulgoa Rd M4 exit @ the Riff (ie - 5 minute drive in traffic)- already have a vid of the sound it makes and its an early night for me as the JK is due at the dealer @ 7am - what's your verdict on doing one that is out of warranty mate?

Wallyd
01-05-14, 10:48 PM
On the 3.8, it took about half hour to swap

DanD
01-05-14, 11:05 PM
On the 3.8, it took about half hour to swap

Yea, but you're a freakin wizard with this stuff - would probably take me 4 days & 8 bottles of scotch after beating the crap out of myself trying to fix it... Thank politicians (for once) for making sure that manufacturers warranties are sacred to an extent...

Wallyd
01-05-14, 11:21 PM
If u need, i can help u out with it.... Even to get the part... I have a contact for spares

DanD
01-05-14, 11:31 PM
Very much appreciated mate, but have black betty booked in for a 'diagnostic' with the dealer @ 7am tomorrow for them to hear the water pump squealing like a bad 'Deliverance' actor and then make the warranty call (hopefully) ... As I will say on Sunday (again) I really do appreciate your help though !

Easy77
04-05-14, 11:21 PM
Would love to come to this event guys. Since I'm yet to join the club my plan is to come to the meeting on Wednesday @ Rays and become a member.
Would I be able to go on the trip to Stockton with my "stock" Wrangler (TJ) with the group?
I do have a rear hitch with recovery shackle but the front is just stock ... just the eyelet on the top of the bumper. Worst case I could unbolt the bumper (once off road) and be recovered by the front cross-member - should such opportunity arise...eh?
I do have UHF, compressor, shovel, two snatch straps and a hat.

moon_cherokee
06-05-14, 07:13 AM
a newbie question: do you have to clean underneath your car after a sand drive? if so how well do you clean it?

dobbo56
06-05-14, 10:44 AM
if you drive through the surf "salt water, not recommended" then YES the moment you get off the beach at the nearest car wash or as soon as you get home, stick the hose in all the nooks and crannies you can find and flush it good, if you just drive on the sand its not so bad, still flush out as much as you can, remembering that sand has salt in it. Doggy Dave. [Clean Freak]

redrubi
06-05-14, 08:31 PM
G-Day Moon,

Doggy Dave has OCD !!

But yes he is right! Here is an easy solution:

1 Park your car on a grassed area (front lawn if you have one)
2 Set up a rotary sprinkler on the end of the garden hose.
3 Drive car over sprinkler ( so it is under the engine bay) and turn it on "full blast"
4 Leave for as long as you can. (moving car forward so the entire underside gets a good "blast")
5:encouragement: Judge time by the beer/hour method:encouragement:

Cheers

Hunno
08-05-14, 04:42 PM
It's on again Jeeper's, Jeep's on the Beach Day,

Where -Stockton Beach

When - Sunday 11th May, 8.30.am.

Meet up - Macca's Thornleigh, 6.30.am.

Open to all Jeep's, it's a fun day on the beach.

Bring the usual,
Recovery points, front and rear.
Recovery gear.
UHF. hand held's are fine on the beach.
Shovel.
Compressor.
camera.
sun screen and hat.
Lunch, last year we went to a fish & chip shop but some bought a picnic, up to you.

Check out last yeas trip in the trip section,Dan took some good pics.

See You There Guy's and Girls. Doggy Dave...

I'm in for sure Dave.

Yup, pls count me in too. Thnx.

Count hayley and me in

Will be there, as crusty in the mornings as always!

Maybe!!!!!!!!

I'm a definite maybe!!

Can I come? Would like to take aerial footages if allowed

Count me in, all being well I'll be there...

Yes please...

i am in for sure...!

Me coming too :) :) :) .....

Trying to make it on the day..............

Would love to come along, I have managed to get some time into the Waggie and it is serviceable again. The big catch will be the fact that it is Mum's Day. So I am a possible - I shall keep an eye on this thread and update as we get closer. Cheers

Hi everyone,

We are the newbie to the a Jeep world. We have only just picked up our new jeep, which is a Wrangler 2D. We never been 4WD , so by joining the jeep would we hope to learn more.

Looking forward to the run, jeep on the beach.

Tony :cool:&Emily:cool-new:

Would love to come to this event guys. Since I'm yet to join the club my plan is to come to the meeting on Wednesday @ Rays and become a member.
Would I be able to go on the trip to Stockton with my "stock" Wrangler (TJ) with the group?
I do have a rear hitch with recovery shackle but the front is just stock ... just the eyelet on the top of the bumper. Worst case I could unbolt the bumper (once off road) and be recovered by the front cross-member - should such opportunity arise...eh?
I do have UHF, compressor, shovel, two snatch straps and a hat..
Reminder meet at Thornliegh MC Donald's 06:30Hrs Sunday Morning

Everyone is welcome. Member or visitor, but please just post up to say you are going so we have a record for the club.

Hunno.

Easy77
08-05-14, 10:24 PM
I am going.

Cheers,
Dushan.

Rob.79
09-05-14, 01:12 AM
At this point I'm a maybe, as in maybe I can find a new starter motor before Sunday! Spare Diesel XJ starter anyone?

moon_cherokee
09-05-14, 09:43 AM
lol, thx Dave and Andy.:smile-new:

i dont know if i can make it, as i'm stuck in Brisbane for work, so it's a maybe for me.

G-Day Moon,

Doggy Dave has OCD !!

But yes he is right!
Here is an easy solution:

1 Park your car on a grassed area (front lawn if you have one)
2 Set up a rotary sprinkler on the end of the garden hose.
3 Drive car over sprinkler ( so it is under the engine bay) and turn it on "full blast"
4 Leave for as long as you can. (moving car forward so the entire underside gets a good "blast")
5:encouragement: Judge time by the beer/hour method:encouragement:

Cheers

richhenning
09-05-14, 11:44 AM
Just thinking out loud that 6.30 is too early given that the core group is gathering between 9 and 10 at lavis lane. If we leave thornleigh at 7.30 should be there just after 9. The ATV convoy is only leaving five dock at 8. If we leave at 6.30 there will be lots of standing around.

rich

Hunno
09-05-14, 12:23 PM
Just thinking out loud that 6.30 is too early given that the core group is gathering between 9 and 10 at lavis lane. If we leave thornleigh at 7.30 should be there just after 9. The ATV convoy is only leaving five dock at 8. If we leave at 6.30 there will be lots of standing around.

rich
By the time you have late runners & breakfast it will be 0730 anyway & I need someone to look after new comers/ beginners

dobbo56
09-05-14, 03:27 PM
The original group was meeting at Lavis Lane at 08.30hrs , that's why I made it 06.30hrs meet up.

Jeep11
10-05-14, 06:35 AM
Hayley and I will not be attending this trip.
Hayley and Handbrake.

Teshie
10-05-14, 11:20 AM
I am still keen to go but looks like numbers are dwindling... How many confirms do we have that are meeting at Thornliegh ?

SteveC
10-05-14, 12:29 PM
I'll be at Macca thornleigh , I'm leaving there at 8, I'm in no rush. don't want a huge mass arriving at same time in lavis lane, especially as you need to get permit as well...

- - Sent from my Jeep

DanD
10-05-14, 07:59 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow, feeling like rubbish now and its one that feels like that it will carry over a few days - have fun tomorrow to all that are going!!!

richhenning
10-05-14, 09:45 PM
I'll see everyone at lavis lane car park.

Hunty
10-05-14, 10:11 PM
See Yooz there :)

Teshie
10-05-14, 11:41 PM
Cool. Will see everyone at lavis lane. Cheers.

moon_cherokee
11-05-14, 12:47 AM
sorry guys, i have to withdraw.

But please welcome a new member of the club ! :eagerness:

edit: for some reason it still displays me as a visitor for now

stevet
11-05-14, 01:18 AM
Unable to attend................. Sorry for the late notice...............................

Cpage66
11-05-14, 07:20 AM
Just woke up after a very bad night....apologies,but I'm out with a fever and the sniffles.

TRBN8R
11-05-14, 07:59 AM
Leaving Thornleigh in a massive 2 Jeep convoy.....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

AV8
11-05-14, 06:43 PM
Happy Mudder's Day all

richhenning
11-05-14, 09:02 PM
We did enjoy ourselves on the beach today. Quite a large group in the end, broke into a few smaller groups doing some different things. Weather held for us, which was nice. Hunty was the Recovery Dude today, rescuing a number of people stuck as they were trying to come out of the 'bowl'.

Here's a link to a few pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fdzyhra2zoui6pq/AABHzbs3ALQ0prvIqYW8StWwa

Paul-JK
12-05-14, 09:14 AM
Looks like it was a good day out.

Hunty, what lift do you have? It seems to change from "normal" in the first photo Richard posted to "freeking huge" in some of the others. Trick of the camera, or some new trick suspension?

Hunno
12-05-14, 09:25 AM
He has a great trick! & no it's got nothing to do with photo shopping.

Lord Help Me I'm in to JEEP!

dobbo56
12-05-14, 10:44 AM
Looks like it was a good day out.

Hunty, what lift do you have? It seems to change from "normal" in the first photo Richard posted to "freeking huge" in some of the others. Trick of the camera, or some new trick suspension?

He has air suspension Paul, Very trick.

Paul-JK
12-05-14, 11:23 AM
That sounds expensive......but interesting.
Knowing Hunty he probably built it himself did he........always seems to be creating something.

Teshie
12-05-14, 06:27 PM
It was a fantastic day out on the beach and in the end there were 20+ jeeps there. And a few turned up with friends, partners and kids, so there were a lot more people enjoying the jeeps.

Thank you Hunty for recovering a couple of TJ out of the bowl, have to say that whatever you have done to your jeep seem to work extremely well not just for you and but also for others, Cheers !

Easy77
12-05-14, 07:24 PM
I can only agree - fantastic day and even the weather turned out to be great.

I only joined the club last week and this was my first beach-sand driving experience. As you might have heard I had caused an interesting recovery operation - me stuck in "the bowl", Hunty pulling me while himself being snatched by Mannie (Manmeet). Six snatch straps in total that was... Thank you both once again for the recovery!

We all had fun and met some good people.

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2776&stc=1
http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2776&stc=1

Rob.79
15-05-14, 11:23 PM
Sorry I missed this, pictures look fantastic!!

Hunty
01-06-14, 08:46 AM
Great day out Peeps
A rare shot of my JK at full height :) and a 2x jeep pull of Duchan's TJ

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/HuntysJeepJKfullup_zps1235bd60.jpg~original (http://s685.photobucket.com/user/ashunty/media/HuntysJeepJKfullup_zps1235bd60.jpg.html)

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/ashunty/huntystjrecovery_zps4a2df127.jpg~original (http://s685.photobucket.com/user/ashunty/media/huntystjrecovery_zps4a2df127.jpg.html)

Easy77
24-06-14, 09:04 PM
If you were there on the beach on the day (Hunty, Mani, Ritesh, ...) - I compiled a short video out of the clips and pics that I took on the day. I only had a few short clips of footage to play with and the best bits are in the mix. Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/Q6oQVqBcIHI

Enjoy!

Teshie
24-06-14, 10:23 PM
Awesome video, great memories. Thanks !

Dieselcon
28-06-14, 05:40 PM
Easy77. ... I certainly did enjoy. Thank you.