PDA

View Full Version : D30 sleeve & C gussets

MRGC
10-04-14, 09:14 AM
Anyone know someone in Sydney that can do the welding for the C gussets and to check the housing is nice and straight?

Nekked
14-04-14, 08:34 AM
Shents Automotive in the central coast i believe can do it??? but dont quote me on that.

MRGC
15-04-14, 12:44 AM
Any closer to sydney

AV8
15-04-14, 08:17 AM
Overkill Engineering Hornsby. Facebook.

reyzor
15-04-14, 10:46 AM
shents would be my first pick..... its only 40 mins up the freeway.......

stevet
16-04-14, 11:37 PM
You could ask John at J-mac diff & gears in Arndell Park. He has built a lot of the comp rigs for tuff truck etc.

MRGC
22-04-14, 10:06 PM
Any from the above done this job before?

Wooders
23-04-14, 12:28 PM
Any of those should be able to do it. Done a few myself and they are fairly straight forward.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

MRGC
29-04-14, 12:01 AM
Any of those should be able to do it. Done a few myself and they are fairly straight forward.

Can you do mine, I want to make the housing is straight before adding the sleeves and gussets.

Wooders
29-04-14, 12:22 AM
Yes I can.
Its extremely unlikely that the centre (cast section) is bent, its usually the tubes, and the sleeves are usually a snug fit inside. So you'd know pretty quick if theres a bend ;)
But yes checking is usually part of the process. With external trusses I usually check afterwards too so to ensure the welding hasn't wrapped the housing. But this isn't an issue with sleeves.

Wolfe
29-04-14, 01:02 AM
Overkill Engineering Hornsby. Facebook.
In my opinion it would be unwise to deal with this company. From my personal experience it would not be in your best interest to do so.

Wolfe
29-04-14, 10:33 AM
I'm not making unsubstantiated claims . i have court documents to back it all up. From my experience I would be hesitant to use their services. If you decide to do so its up to you. Just do some research online or ask around before using any service provider.

MRGC
29-04-14, 07:47 PM
I'm not making unsubstantiated claims . i have court documents to back it all up. From my experience I would be hesitant to use their services. If you decide to do so its up to you. Just do some research online or ask around before using any service provider.

Thanx for the heads up, I'll stay away from them.

MRGC
30-04-14, 02:00 PM
Yes I can.
Its extremely unlikely that the centre (cast section) is bent, its usually the tubes, and the sleeves are usually a snug fit inside. So you'd know pretty quick if theres a bend ;)
But yes checking is usually part of the process. With external trusses I usually check afterwards too so to ensure the welding hasn't wrapped the housing. But this isn't an issue with sleeves.

Sent a PM.

Wolfe
30-04-14, 03:53 PM
Sent a PM.
You may need to be patient as Dave is getting every thing sorted after his move.

MRGC
01-05-14, 12:40 AM
You may need to be patient as Dave is getting every thing sorted after his move.

No probs, I'm not in a hurry.