PDA

View Full Version : Classic Not Plastic June Long Weekend 7-9th June

Wooders
27-05-14, 03:23 PM
CLASSIC NOT PLASTIC … JUNE 7th, 8th & 9th.
NABIAC SHOWGROUND

The weekend will officially commence with a vehicle display and photo shoot between 9 and 11.30.am. on Saturday morning. You can bring any interesting Jeep parts (http://www.4wd.com) that you want to pass on and display them with your vehicle, and a local volunteer service will hold a sausage sizzle for hungry travellers.

The showground will be open to allow for arrivals on Friday. A one-off entry fee of $45 will apply for the weekend. This fee is to cover the camping fees and other charges imposed by the Great Lakes Council. The showground is camper trailer and caravan friendly, and powered sites are available for an additional fee.

Following the display and over the course of the weekend there will be Jeep trips guided by local 4WD enthusiasts, using their knowledge of the local areas to cater trips for you. There are plans for a beach run, and hard-core tracks for the hard-core Jeeper. There will be moderate 4WD trips for the more cautious Jeeper, as well as casual scenic trips for those Jeepers who want to see the Great Lakes area. However, be mindful that weather conditions may alter trip plans on any day.

In addition, Council have advised that if the area received heavy rain in the weeks preceding the event the showground may not be suitable for the event. Should the weather be unfavorable in the preceding weeks please check with the organisors as to what’s happening. Council have also advised that glass containers are not permitted on Council property, so if you like to partake in the odd beverage please make suitable arrangements in this regard.

There will be plenty of time for meeting and greeting other Jeep enthusiasts, and swapping Jeep stories. And there’s plenty of local attractions and facilities for you to utilise.

The venue offers camping facilities with clean showers and toilets, and there’s a covered pavilion where we can gather in the “unlikely event” of inclement weather. While a limited supply of firewood will be provided for a communal fire, there will be opportunities to collect wood locally for individual cooking fires.

The Showground is in close proximity to the village centre, and with a short, five minute walk you’ll be at the shops, restaurants, hotel and service stations.

While there is no formal registration, we would like to know if you’re coming. You can slip Warren a short e-mail cawlewis@optusnet.com.au to notify you’re attending or make any enquiry you might have.

If you have an older Jeep vehicle that is either in pristine or in used condition condition, or even a work in progress we would love to see it. Jeep Wagons, trucks, 4WD’s of all sorts are welcome. If you are an enthusiast and don’t yet have a Jeep you are welcome to visit.

Nabiac ............ located in the Great Lakes Region, about 3hrs north of Sydney and 1hr south of Port Macquarie.

Wooders
27-05-14, 03:52 PM
For those that know Larry Stewart (SJC member), he's one of the orgainisers.
I'll also be there.
Anyone else??

Wooders
28-05-14, 01:14 PM
It's worth noting that whilst CNP is orientated around the celebration of older Jeeps, that ALL models are welcomed.

Flatfender
28-05-14, 05:43 PM
Still a "Maybe" at this stage.

ACJ
28-05-14, 08:22 PM
Was hoping to go with Dave Erwin but working :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg D
28-05-14, 08:53 PM
I plan to be there just on the Saturday. I will be staying at Forster, but have to return to Sydney on the Sunday.

Greg

ab-cj8
02-06-14, 06:18 AM
The cj is ready and our newly finished
jk camper is completed,heading saturday

Wooders
06-06-14, 03:53 PM
Sadly I'm now stuck trying to finish a fence (bloody dogs).
BUT I need to get some stickers up there - so anyone that can help please call me on 0413138550.