PDA

View Full Version : Wild Rock - 14th May 2006

ann
24-11-05, 11:35 AM
Presented by Just Cruisin' & Oz Rock Crawlers
http://www.wildrock.info/

"On Sunday 14th May 2006 a limited number of teams will tough it out at the SORRA property at Colo Heights. Teams of two registered vehicles will attempt to conquer the most extreme rocks is Australia over one big day, any way possible within the time out period. Self recovery will be allowed."

I have express interest in the club competing in this event and Adam has forwarded the following information.

"Event will be run the same as Woodpecker except you will compete on all stages even if you point out on one of the earlier stages.

Even though there will only be 1 course at this stage we are looking at also awarding trophies/prizes to rigs with 38" tyres and below. Other than an extra tyre class, same vehicle rules as Woodpecker.

Entry form still be created but will get it to you as soon as it is finished.

BTW, you can enter a minimum of 1 team (2 vehicles) or 2 teams to compete for the top club trophy. We anticipate that some clubs will only enter one team so there should be an opportunity for some of the larger clubs to enter more than 2 teams"

Please express your interest in competing in this event so as soon as the club received entry forms they can be forwarded to you :)

ann
04-04-06, 11:18 AM
Entry forms now available! Please pm or email me now!
Intro About WildRock 06

WildRock has been put together in an effort to have a 4WD competition in the middle of the year. The event is being held at SORRA (home of the Nissan Trials) with the course/terrain being similar to Woodpecker.

Vehicle modifications/rules are the same as Woodpecker. The scoring is similar to rock climbing (WErock) and there are 3 stages similar to Nissan Trials so if you ?point out? in any stages you still compete in the other stages. The scoring/rules will be finalised after the course is built and will be forwarded to the Team Manager early May.

Like Woodpecker there will be 2 teams on a stage at a time and all members of that team can help each other including vehicle-to-vehicle assists. At this stage I would say that a winch on each competing vehicle is necessary.

In order to speed up delivery of information and reduce costs the Team Manager must nominate an e-mail address. All communication will be to this e-mail address. We do not mind if he/she uses someone else?s
e-mail account as long as that person passes on the information.
This event is invitation only and many competitors have expressed an interest in competiting and have been waiting for the entry forms. Entry forms are attached and will be accepted on first correctly completed form received and we have limited the number of competiting vehicles to 100 (50 teams). From past experience some clubs are slow in submitting their entry forms but verbally have advised that they are ?in the mail?. Due to setting up the database, preparing the announcers notes, preparing the entry packs, etc the cut off date for clubs is 28th April 06. After the cut off date we will allocate spare positions to the clubs that have nominated extra reserve teams.

We have simplified the entry form down to one page. We would like to have an announcer at the event however from past competitions the forms were not filled out with meaning full information. Also many teams changed competitors on the day, which meant the announcer had no idea who they were, or what modifications they have done to their vehicle. So for competitors substitution the Team Manager must have sent a completed entry form that is to be received by no latter than 5:00pm Thursday 11th May 2006.

All competitors will need to show their drivers licence and sign a disclaimer when they ?check in? at the event. The disclaimer is similar to the one used at Willowglen. A copy of the disclaimer can be forwarded to you if you which to read it before the event.

Please remind everyone that no pets are allowed at the event. No excuse will be accepted and they will be refused entry.

Camping is available to competitors and their helpers. We are trying to limit the camping to club members as they understand about camp fires and leaving the camp ground clean.

I will be updating the WildRock website www.wildrock.info so if you have any question have a look there first

BenC
04-04-06, 11:31 AM
in :)

Dorzun
04-04-06, 06:35 PM
78.2% in.

Will I get bonus points for being the smallest rig in the field?

BenC
04-04-06, 09:34 PM
There is actually bonuses for vehicles with under 38" tyres.

Dorzun
04-04-06, 11:40 PM
I'm going to see if I can "borrow" a set of bigger tyres for it. Will fuck up the ratios a bit but numbers if needed can almost compensate, maybe.

Odds are up to 90% now, will chat 2morro night.

BenC
05-04-06, 09:12 AM
Bigger tyres so you can break more stuff hey? :lol:

Dorzun
11-04-06, 04:14 PM
I'm out as per post in club matters

ann
27-04-06, 04:09 PM
The club has submitted an entry for this event:

ben and troy boy
antz and brad

Lets see some supports there to cheer them on! :D

Dorzun
27-04-06, 04:26 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

BenC
28-04-06, 09:39 AM
Yep.... we've entered..

We're goin there and giving out Candy and Ass Whoopings....and we're all out of candy!

8)

Seriously though, it's sounds like it'll be a fun event to watch. BIG rock ledges, off camber stuff, etc (don't read this Antz)

You'll see some good technical driving if you come along.

billsta
28-04-06, 09:40 AM
you guys giving out ass candys??
fair enough

ann
28-04-06, 11:47 AM
you guys giving out ass candys??
fair enough

bill you'll be lining up ;)

But seriously people should come sounds like a good event and you'll always be able to say you've been to the first one :P

Antz
28-04-06, 06:55 PM
(don't read this Antz)

http://www.transitiononestop.org/images/girlcoveringhereyes.gif

BenC
29-04-06, 08:35 AM
They're looking for people to help marshall, see below:

Also we may need a hand from a few experienced people to help Marshall. If you are interested please send me a PM and I will get back to you with details and discuss what you will receive if you help.

Regards

MD

If you want to help, contact MD4x34 on Outerlimits

billsta
29-04-06, 06:58 PM
wasnt planning on going, but now i have a excuse to go... :mrgreen:
i will be there, and eating a different kind of animal this time...

BenC
29-04-06, 10:07 PM
marshalling Billy?

billsta
30-04-06, 11:15 AM
no.. i'll be too intoxicated to do anything

Antz
05-05-06, 12:01 AM
copied from Outerlimits

Guys,

We have made the decision today to postpone the event. Most likely until the weekend of 22nd/23rd July. The origianl date that was picked for the event was Mothers Day. This was a mistake as the numbers of competitors are down and we probably would not get the spectators in anyway. Hopefully with the postponement we can get more competitors interested and publicise the event better.

For those competitors who have already paid we are Sorry. Please contact Grant from OzRockCrawlers if you wish to pull out. As of today we only had 20 competitors paid up and we needed at least 40 to make the event viable. I am sure with extra time and no date clashes we can get more people interested.

The competition is predominately for the vehicles that would run in Open and Outlaw class at the Nissan Trials but is open to all registered vehicles. The event will run along the same theme as woodpecker but with WE Rock type rules. (No Buggies allowed).

We are allowing two teams of 2 from each club at this stage but may allow further teams depending on final numbers. Please contact us ASAP if you or members of your club may be interested in competing so we can get the information out there.

Regards

MD

ann
05-05-06, 08:16 AM
:(

BenC
05-05-06, 09:25 AM
Yep, saw that, pretty gay :evil:

billsta
05-05-06, 09:28 AM
Haha,,,
Appin?

BenC
05-05-06, 09:33 AM
haha

Appin might not be a bad idea Billy... Either that or Winchbreak..

I'd rather shift it to the Saturday though, it's worth getting in trouble with the mum about a comp, but not really for a regular trail trip :P