PDA

View Full Version : Rock sliders

uncaged123
06-07-14, 01:00 AM
I intent to fit rock sliders to my JKU and I am seeking members advice as to what type to purchase and fit. I did intent to manufacture my own with air assisted lowering steps. At this stage I'm not in a position to be able to do this, but the type I like to have should have a step and be secured to the chassis. Your advice on a suitable type would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Rob S

Rob&Tanya
08-07-14, 10:18 PM
We got the Hanson ones from Wooders. Built in step without lowering the side clearance, and they're strong, we've landed on them a few times and no damage....phew!! So they work!!

Paul-JK
08-07-14, 10:29 PM
I looked for ages and eventually settled on some slider/steps from white knuckle off road in the states.
Chassis mounted, full width (so they keep the side of the car clean and provide a decent step) and really solid. They do a flat version or a 20 degree angle version. I got and the angled version to increase clearance.
They are also no higher than the original side steps which was important for me as my better half is vertically challenged and even with only a 2.5" lift she would have struggled to use some of the higher designs.
Only down side was the time it took to get them, though that was my decision. Sent them by sea via usatoaus so it took a few months to get them. I'm pleased with them though.

Steve F
08-07-14, 10:46 PM
I have the "Mopar Enhanced Rock Rails". They are body mounted so don't reduce clearance and coming from an XJ where they are all body mounted (uni body) I'm comfortable that they will be plenty strong enough, I wouldn't know yet though as I've only had the jeep 1 day ;) My XJ has taken big hits on the body mounted sliders and has pivoted around stumps on them if that helps with mounting options.

Cheers
Steve

uncaged123
11-07-14, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone, now for my decision as to which type to fit. Cheers Rob