PDA

View Full Version : Club discounts

SteveC
17-07-14, 11:08 AM
Has the club any discount agreement with suppliers besides Wooders? What are they?
Thanks

- - Sent from my Jeep

Wallyd
17-07-14, 11:34 AM
Shents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve F
17-07-14, 02:11 PM
These are our formal agreements, mention the club at most suppliers and they will give you a general 4WD club discount anyway.

Cheers
Steve

Easy77
17-07-14, 04:10 PM
These are our formal agreements, mention the club at most suppliers and they will give you a general 4WD club discount anyway.

Interesting... Just a few weeks ago I had a chat over the phone with someone from TJM Parramatta and was told "no club discount, mate" in a very reassuring tone. Would anyone know if I was just unlucky (could've interrupted someone's lunch break, right?) or if indeed we don't get any discount pricing at TJM Parra?

Cheers,
Dushan

Steve F
17-07-14, 04:39 PM
They may be cutting back on it but most places used to offer some sort of club discount. More likely to get it in store waving a handful of readies.

Cheers
Steve

uncaged123
18-07-14, 01:51 AM
TJM at Parramatta is owned by Thomson Ford, that why you'll never get a discount. Beside a previous employee only charged me for one set of lockers instead of both front and rear fitted lockers.

Jeep11
18-07-14, 01:11 PM
Hey I know that ARB at Wenty will give you a discount, just don't get them to do any work ..... They are pretty average in that department.....I think the guy the look after me was named Matt, just remember do the old "I would like to get it from you but it cheaper down the road" it worked for me.

SteveC
19-07-14, 09:41 AM
FYI, The only people I've got confirmation to offer a discount is ARB Penrith. But not sure how much

- - Sent from my Jeep

AV8
19-07-14, 02:47 PM
I have always been given 15% industry discount by ARB both at Wenty and St Peters. See Aaron or Con

Dave
24-07-14, 12:06 AM
Um, I got a 10% discount on my suspension at TJM Parramatta in April this year. No problems or questions asked! They were happy to see my club card, and were really keen to have us there for a club night.
Unfortunately it's much harder for us to get the club there, than get a discount from them. Have had 10% discount from ARB Wenty on stuff as well...
Dave

Teshie
24-07-14, 12:15 PM
Seems like there is a degree of inconsistency with club discounts, depends on who it is and which shop one goes to, which is less than ideal and confusing to new members. Is there a way we can harden this and get some kind of concrete arrangement setup with vendors so members get the same benefits ?

Bear
24-07-14, 12:48 PM
I always get a 10% discount at ARB Wentworthville and ARB Penrith when I produce my SJC membership card, of course I always ask about a club discount first.

Dave
24-07-14, 02:14 PM
Agree with Bear and SteveF from page 1! Many suppliers will offer a discount if asked and if you can prove you are in a club, so have your card with you. If a sales person says no, ask the manager... Not sure how we can set up a tighter arrangement when they offer discounts to (I believe) any club.

Steve F
24-07-14, 02:24 PM
Seems like there is a degree of inconsistency with club discounts, depends on who it is and which shop one goes to, which is less than ideal and confusing to new members. Is there a way we can harden this and get some kind of concrete arrangement setup with vendors so members get the same benefits ?

We have a concrete deal with the guys that are sponsors of the club, that's Wooders garage and Shents Automotive. We can't really lock anything down with anyone else as we have no commercial relationship with them. So basically, if you want the best deal, try our sponsors first and support those that support SJC :) The rest truly is the luck of the draw.

Cheers
Steve