PDA

View Full Version : Proposed 2015 Arnhem Land & Kakadu Trip

uncaged123
07-09-14, 03:02 PM
I am considering planning and running a trip in August to mid Septemper to Arnhem Land & Kakadu in 2015. I would like advice from members as to arranging the trip. Also I would appreciate any help from interested members to get this trip started.

Regards Rob S

Dave
07-09-14, 04:31 PM
Wow Rob, that sounds like one heck of a trip! I have only been up that way on the bitumen, and never into Arnhem Land (Permits Required). Wish I could come, but that will be right in the middle of school term, and possible right before Jambo. If I can help in the planning, let me know. I am an okay trip researcher :)

Dave

uncaged123
07-09-14, 07:03 PM
Thanks Dave, I know. I will use your knowledge and advice, thought that I should venture into longer trips planning. Dates are not firmed yet.

Cheers Rob S

AV8
07-09-14, 07:56 PM
Wow! I would love to come too, but with only so much leave to spare and the extra effort and last push prior to Jambo, I might have to sit out on this one. :worked_till_5am: Dang it! :smile-new:

uncaged123
08-09-14, 02:46 PM
I've looked at possible 2015 dates for this trip and decided to run it from 20/7/15 for between 4-6 weeks. I will advise further as planning proceed. This will allow members to assist with jambo.

Rob S

uncaged123
27-10-14, 12:58 PM
I'm getting well into the planning of this proposed trip which I assume will take about 4-5 weeks. Will travel through central NSW & Qld. Visiting Longreach to see the QANTAS Muséum, Winton & Richmond dinosaure diggings/muséums. Then Julia Creek onto the Savannah Way to Roper Bar, Katherine (thermal springs), Nhulunbuy on Arnhem Land N/E coast, Kakadu (possibly visit Cobourg Peninsula via Arnhem Land Nth), Darwin and Litchfield National Park. Then we'll head home via Alice Spring and Western Qld/NSW.

When I have camping facilities and permits requirements worked out, I'll post up the full trip for members to plan their holiday leave, etc.

Cheers Rob