PDA

View Full Version : Barrington Tops 4wd/camping Weekend

uncaged123
04-01-15, 09:06 PM
Date: Friday 27/2 to Sunday 1/3
Rescheduied 4wd/camping weekend

Grading: “D “ possibly some “C “. Beautiful scenery and rivers to be enjoyed. (Trout fishing and canoeing)
Requirements: Recovery points front and rear, recovery gear, radio (channel 15), first aide kit, camera, food and drinks of choice, spouts and/or friend(s)/companion(s).
Limited to 11 vehicles including leader at this stage. May increase nos depending on interest.

Itineary
Friday 27/2: proceed to camp site - please see NOTE.. If you're an early arrival and wish to fish we're next to Barrington River.
Saturday 28/2: 4wd through Barrington Tops and nearby state forests/NP.
Sunday 1/3: Explore Myal Lakes NP and the lakes shores. If time permits and members wishes to do so we may try the Yengo Trail via the Putty Rd entrance to Yango, and on to Sydney via the track to Wiseman Ferry; Or do some wine tastings in the Hunter Valley before heading home.

NOTE
Camp details: Barrington Reserve 1.5km W of Barrinton, western side of bridge beside Barrington River. Cost is $15 first night and $10 for the second night per tent site, pay at shop in village either before 6 pm on Friday or Saturday morning. We're booked together under my name/SJC.

If anyone wishes to convoy heading up Friday afternoon please let me know. I'm looking at a rest stop around 2:30pm at the maccas reststop on the freeway.

TOP UP FUEL in Gloucester as you're heading toward Barrington. You could also bring a backup jerry can.

Attendees:
1. uncaged123 - Rob
2. jk-menace - Dennis & Eleni
3. bert_a - Bert & Irene
4. Tjcarter - Tyler

Maybe
1. Scarlettroseb - Charlotte & Tom

AV8
04-01-15, 10:16 PM
TOP UP FUEL, either at meeting location or, in Gloucester before we god into Barrington Tops.

Please add us Rob. Sal n Syl.

The Jeep convoy into Barrington Tops will be mighty. :smile-new:

bert-a
04-01-15, 11:25 PM
Hi Rob pls put us in,
bert-a and Irene

scarlettroseb
08-01-15, 12:46 PM
Hi Rob, I think Tom and I will be interested in coming along!

Cheers,
Charlotte

uncaged123
09-01-15, 01:46 PM
Hi Charlotte, you're on the list. Barrington Tops is beautiful, I checked it out last Saturday.

Cheers Rob

Tjcarter
13-01-15, 07:49 PM
Hey Rob, Throw me on the list. Ill be in newcastle on the friday but will head up on the saturday morning. Just give me a heads up on the campsite when you find out.

Cheers Tyler

uncaged123
08-02-15, 01:26 PM
Those attending this trip please read my post above to be aware of updated info. Any others interested party please advised at your earliest convenience.

Cheers RobS

scarlettroseb
10-02-15, 03:55 PM
Hi Rob,
Tom and I are probably out for this weekend. The Jeep's at the mechanic with a mystery problem and it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon. I'll let you know if a miracle happens though!

cheers, Charlotte

uncaged123
11-02-15, 02:05 AM
Thanks Charlotte, hope it not a major or expensive problem for you.

Cheers Rob S

hmr73
11-02-15, 01:50 PM
Hi Rob, I will have to pull out this weekend. The ex found a house to move only in on Friday so looks like she still needs my help. I will have to see all the group on the next run.
Cheers
Herison

Cobus
11-02-15, 03:14 PM
Hi Rob,

Unfortunately I now have to work on Friday night so I can't make it. I would have realy loved to join. Sorry guys.

AV8
11-02-15, 03:17 PM
Sorry Rob, please take me off all trips including this one as I'm having wonderful Jeep issues.Also have been called up to tend to some whale sharks in Oslob, PHI

My apologies.

uncaged123
12-02-15, 07:30 PM
Hi to those still on the list and going. I have checked with NP that Barrington Tops will still be accessible, they confirmed it is. jk_menace and I are still going this weekend, for those still to consider whether they should attend.

Cheers RobS

uncaged123
13-02-15, 10:21 AM
Due to the wet weather and the possibility of NP closing the road over the mountain, I've decided to postpone this trip for two weeks until the last weekend in February. Those who pulled out may like to reconsider coming along on the new date.

Cheers RobS

uncaged123
24-02-15, 05:18 AM
Due to the expected wet weather this week I have decided to postpone this trip until the weather is more kinder, and it doesn't clash with others club planned venues. I will advise further in due course.

Cheers RobS