PDA

View Full Version : Proposed 4wd/camping weekend trip to Orange

uncaged123
05-01-15, 06:12 PM
Hi all, Jean05 our new member from Orange has advised that there are some good 4wd tracks in the Orange Region at either Canobolas State Forest, or at Ophir in the historic mining reserve which has an entry fee. Although we do have a few 4wd/camping weekends planned over the next 2 1/2 months. I'm proposing a 2-3 days weekend recci trip with Jean05 to check out the tracks for possible future club camping weekends.

Proposed date: 26/3 - 28/3
Grading: Various depending on preference from easy to harder grades.
Camping/Accomodation: Either the Colour City Caravan Park in town next to the Showground, or Caobolas State Forests campground - 23km SW of Organge.
Meeting place/Time: I'll be travelling to Orange on the Friday morning if anyone wishes to convoy with me. We'll probably stay in town the first night.

Requirements: Recovery points front and rear, recovery gear, first aide kit, radio, camera, food and drinks of choice.
Trip nos not restricted, we have two Orange locals to guide teams.

Interested
1. uncaged123 - Rob S
2. jk_menace - Dennis & son
3. Jean05 - Orange local & member
4. hailbou - Orange local & visitor

Maybe

uncaged123
13-02-15, 11:00 AM
Hi Jean05, I'm rescheduling my proposed trip to Orange until the 26th - 28th March. This should allow you and your wife peace of mind to enjoy the birthday of your newest family member. All our best wishes to you and your wife for the forecoming birth.

Cheers RobS

jean05
15-02-15, 10:36 AM
Thanks mate. I think its a better time to come there. As i said, Ophir needs a bit of rain to make it worth it. And mt Canobolas will also be more fun! Remember, end of March is normally cold at night. Around 5deg at night and low 20 day time. So bring some warm stuff with. See then!

hailbou
15-02-15, 10:41 AM
Hey guys I am also from orange and would like to come along on this trip. What do I need to do to be able to join in on trips?

uncaged123
15-02-15, 01:08 PM
Thanks Jean05, we'll bring warm clothing and cold weather sleeping bags. Members of the club do camp out in the cold when doing outback trips. Hi hailbou, yes of course please do join us. Do you own a jeep and what model is it? Please see my post at the top. I carry extra hand held cb radio units and recovery straps/shackles if you don't have them.

I'll keep in contact leading up to our trip. I'll see you both in a month and a half time. Cheers, RobS

hailbou
15-02-15, 01:12 PM
Sounds good. I have a silver crd jku auto with 33s, 2in lift, full bar work , f&r lockers , winch and all other $$$ draining goodies.

uncaged123
15-02-15, 01:35 PM
Sounds good hailbou, have you became a member of the SJC?. If so you could join us when we have weekend training trips to Rydal “near Lithgow“, for the jeep jambo which will be later in the year.

hailbou
15-02-15, 05:30 PM
Ok what is involved in joining?

uncaged123
16-02-15, 04:58 AM
Hi hailbou, there is membership information on the front page, which also advises of payment method. SJC is hosting the national jeep jamboree at Rydal in October. We also hosted the last one in 2012.

As a member you'll be welcome in attending members only training sessions weekends for jambo trips leaders around the Rydal & Lithgow region, access to members only sections on the SJC website, & receive SJC support if you wish to arrange a club's camping/4wd weekend around your region. But give it plenty of weeks prior notice do members can arrange leave from their employers if required. You could also join us at camp Coff around.Easter.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and Jean05 on the last weekend in March for some 4wding in your backyard

Cheers RobS

uncaged123
24-02-15, 05:32 AM
Hi Jean05 & hailbou, looks like voting day willl be on the Saturday that jk_menace & I are planning to visit Orange to do some 4wding. If we can't do a pre polling day vote, we may have to visit Orange the following weekend, subjected to no other club venues being arranged on that weekend.

I'll keep you advised of the situation as it get closer to the proposed date.

Cheers RobS

uncaged123
26-02-15, 02:57 PM
Hi Jean05 & hailbou, I may be doing a stopover in Orange tomorrow night. If you have some spare time either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning could we do a quick look at one or both 4wd location(s). I need to be back in Sydney by 4pm Saturday afternoon. I'll probably stay at the Parkview Hotel, and drive a cherry-red jku with a large white cb ariel on the front left side. My mobile no is 0432 444 247.

Cheers RobS

jean05
26-02-15, 09:59 PM
Ok no problem mate.