PDA

View Full Version : re:- Club meeting 04/03

Bear
26-02-15, 10:56 AM
I am not sure if I will make it to this meeting.

Last Wednesday I went to the "C" clinic to have the stitches removed from a previous surgery and got the "path" report on the piece they had taken from my back. Good news it is not a melanoma yet!! Bad news because the margins are indistinct the incision needs to be enlarged. Guess what the first appointment available is 04/03.

Bear

Steve F
26-02-15, 11:54 AM
Good luck with it Reg, best to get it sorted ASAP, hopefully we'll see you at the April meeting all patched up and ready to go again.

Cheers
Steve

uncaged123
26-02-15, 02:40 PM
Hope all goes well for you bear. The big “C “ is not a nice issue to deal with, either by you or Maggie. I'm aware what Maggie is dealing with. Again my heartfelt best wishes to you, and also to Maggie.

Cheers RobS

Hunno
26-02-15, 04:51 PM
Good luck Maggie, LOL.

Bear the soon you get it sorted the better you'll be able to come & scrub toilets with me at Jambo ��

In all seriousness wish you all the best & a speedy recovery.

redrubi
26-02-15, 07:32 PM
Just admit it Bear! You're getting some "work done" Trying to keep up with your Calendar Girl wife!! LOL:highly_amused:

Good luck Mate.

Give us a call if you want to talk.

Cheers

Andy&Charl:pirate::angel:

Maggie
27-02-15, 09:41 AM
OMG massive over reaction Rob, I am fine being the taxi driver. It is only minor surgery.
thanks for the best wishes

TRBN8R
01-03-15, 08:28 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Papa Bear.... Get well soon.....

uncaged123
02-03-15, 11:03 AM
Good to hear Maggie, still need to be careful about the big “C“ thou.

Cheers Rob

DanD
02-03-15, 10:05 PM
All the best Bear! Hope all is ok!

I may (or may not) be able to attend also due to another commitment

Bear
04-03-15, 05:40 PM
Sorry guys as I suspected I will not be at tonights meeting.
They had to expand the original incision by 1cm all round to ensure they caught any satellite cells. This has taken the wound from 30mm closed to 76mm closed.
Now we come to the ears. I'm sure when the dressings come off I will look like a stud bull at the Easter show, he took to my ears with a leather punch to collect the biopsy samples.
When healed if I drive the Jeep with the top off my ears will whistle.

-

DanD
04-03-15, 11:20 PM
So long as they get them Bear!

On a brighter note - if you ever wanted to get an ear ring or three to look like a pirate - now is your chance!