PDA

View Full Version : Jambo Site Prep & Driver Awareness Training. 20-22 March 2015.

Hunno
04-03-15, 09:29 PM
Where :Rydal Show Grounds
When : Friday 20/3/15 1800Hrs through to Sunday 22/3/15 1600Hrs
What to bring ???? Your JEEP!!!! Camping gear Recovery gear food.....

Financial members only

please we also need chainsaw, drag chains etc

Club will provide a sausage sandwich on the Saturday for lunch.
If there is interest we could do communal dinner on the Saturday night (where you bring a dish of food to share)

Attending:

Hunno & Harmony
Andy & Charl
Hayley & Steve
Alex
Heidi, Brian and Izzy

Saturday:

Greg
Dru & Kerry
Steve F

Sunday:

Greg

Come on boys & girls it going to take some doing & we need everyone to help out.

uncaged123
04-03-15, 11:22 PM
I'm in Hunno, probably bring my nephew (with spare key) and a friend who thinking about possibly buying a jeep.

Cheers Rob

redrubi
07-03-15, 02:15 AM
We're in!:encouragement::encouragement:

Jeep11
08-03-15, 11:21 AM
Hayley and I will be coming

Nekked
08-03-15, 02:06 PM
I'll be there ����

DanD
08-03-15, 04:51 PM
I'll be there

TRBN8R
09-03-15, 07:43 AM
I am a 99% yes..... Depending upon if I can sort out my drama with the camper trailer......

DanD
13-03-15, 12:01 PM
Apologies, not going to be able to make this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dobbo56
13-03-15, 02:28 PM
I'll come up on the Sunday.

Cobus
16-03-15, 03:23 AM
Hi guys,

Now for the "stupid" question.....
What is "Driver awareness training'?
Is it to improve yourself as a driver or is it geared towards drivers who want to be trip leaders? Is it necessary to do this training in order to be trip leader?

Thanks.

Heidi
16-03-15, 08:54 AM
Driver Awareness follows the same theory and practices as the accredited courses. It is not a requirement for being a trip leader, but aims to improve overall driver confidence with driving, and recoveries.

Dru
16-03-15, 11:34 AM
Hunno, we can't make the whole weekend but will be up for Saturday. Aim to arrive Rydal 9:00am.

Dru and Kerry

Hunno
16-03-15, 04:34 PM
Hunno, we can't make the whole weekend but will be up for Saturday. Aim to arrive Rydal 9:00am.

Dru and Kerry

Yep, that's great.
we understand people can't always do whole weekends. Some can only do Saturdays, there only Sundays.
the fact you can & are willing to help for any amount of time is so appreciated.

the old saying " Many Hands make Light Work ".

Greg D
17-03-15, 08:10 PM
Hunno,

I'll be there Saturday, with chainsaw & drag chain.

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TRBN8R
17-03-15, 09:20 PM
Sorry guys... Cant make it..... Been too tired, busy at work.... This will be my first stay at home weekend in 3 months.....

Steve F
17-03-15, 10:49 PM
I have a couple of things to do early on Saturday morning but will try and get up there for about 11:00am for a few hours.

Cheers
Steve

AV8
17-03-15, 11:05 PM
Sorry, cant make it neither. Still no Jeep to bring and being O/S makes it extra difficult.

Getting an electric winch mini crane rigged up to the hitch mount for Jambo work but I suspect it may be a bit late.

Hunno
17-03-15, 11:09 PM
Sorry, cant make it neither. Still no Jeep to bring and being O/S makes it extra difficult.

Yep kind of guessed that after seeing the photos you posted of the toy. Besides, are you two ever in Australia?

stevet
17-03-15, 11:18 PM
Hoping to make Saturday/Sunday................

AV8
18-03-15, 12:13 AM
.. Besides, are you two ever in Australia?

In our hearts always. Citizens of mother earth, Mars is a bit flaky...:highly_amused:

Dieselcon
18-03-15, 08:40 PM
would love to... but love my misses too.. lol... Need to spend some home time to get credits for this years Jambo... But will try and get up that way in a few months or so to learn a track for Jambo... B grade would be preferred..

Dieselcon
18-03-15, 08:42 PM
Ill be interested in leading a trip to Wheeny Creek... is this on the itinerary ?

Talreuse
18-03-15, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys, I may be interested, will the driver awareness training be available Saturday? Will prob only come up for the saturday. I am feeling this is more to do with the Jambo? Would like some directions too please. Thanks all

Cpage66
18-03-15, 10:03 PM
I'll be up on the Saturday...might just be me, might have one of the nephews.

Greg D
18-03-15, 10:10 PM
Jose,
Wheeny Creek was not on the trip schedule last year, as it is more than 2 hours drive on bitumen to get to the start, and doesn't fit with the Jambo program.

In 2012 the furthest trip was Mt Airley, and even that proved to be an issue with the late return of trips.

There are a number of trips we didn't do in 2012 that we will consider for 2015:
Mt Bonfire
Sunny Corner & Turon
And some others around ZigZag (I am not even sure if we did the Glow-worm Cave in 2012). I recognise that some of these may be graded easier than you like (although maybe on par with 12 Mile which you lead on Saturday & which I really enjoyed (but I'm only driving a simple Grand, not a beefed up Wrangler).

But, Jose, I am sure we can find a suitable trip for you to lead.
I will be posting up a call for trip leaders by the end of April.
Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DanD
18-03-15, 11:03 PM
No glow worm? Cool, lots of fun to be had in the tracks off the sides of the main track with that one :D

AV8
19-03-15, 08:47 AM
I'm sure some drivers wouldn't mind getting up very early and start driving there at 5-5.30 am and back to Rydal late. Just a thought..

Maybe we could post up Wheeny Creek as a post Jambo trip for those wanting a bit more

I mean, they've come all that way from near and very very far...

Heidi
19-03-15, 09:14 AM
Wheeny Creek was offered last Jambo but had no takers due to the distance

Lets get this back on track though who's coming this weekend ;)

jk_menace
19-03-15, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys, will try my best to get there for Sunday, busy weekend with our boys birthdays. Will there be driver awareness on both days??
Cheers
Dennis

Jeep11
19-03-15, 03:42 PM
Hayley and I are , we will be arriving Friday night, will bring a chain saw

floody
19-03-15, 06:48 PM
As I am there all weekend We will be catering the driver awearness to what people want ,that includes what day , what skills they want to brush up on and and anything else the members want.

dobbo56
19-03-15, 07:49 PM
I'll be up on Sunday, I can bring both a saw and a chain. Doggy.

dobbo56
19-03-15, 07:52 PM
Glow Worm was done in 2012, Barry led the trips Twice in his old KK.

Tjcarter
19-03-15, 10:02 PM
For all those interested, There will be a good chance to see the Aurora Australis from Lithgow over the weekend as last night (Wednesday night) it was seen as far up as Nelsons Bay! Maybe a night run is in order for those who are camping. heres the site for the Aurora watch http://www.aurora-service.net/aurora-forecast/

redrubi
20-03-15, 12:36 AM
Hi Guys, I may be interested, will the driver awareness training be available Saturday? Will prob only come up for the saturday after voting? I am feeling this is more to do with the Jambo? Would like some directions too please. Thanks all
Voting is next weekend!!!:indecisiveness:

redrubi
20-03-15, 12:40 AM
Hi Guys, will try my best to get there for Sunday, busy weekend with our boys birthdays. Will there be driver awareness on both days??
Cheers
Dennis
Dennis mate,
What better way for young lads to spend their birthday than working their butts off doing jambo prep!! LOL
And by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS:encouragement:

jk_menace
20-03-15, 11:58 AM
Cheers mate, got his P plates today probably won't even see him on the weekend now. How things haven't changed. Try and get the other two to come up. Not holding my breath..Anyway Jambo prep is a great excuse for me to get out of after party cleanup anyway .
Cheers

Easy77
20-03-15, 12:33 PM
I'm now likely to come up too; Saturday only. Do we meet at the Jambo site in the morning?

Tjcarter
20-03-15, 04:00 PM
Anyone heading up this arvo?

dobbo56
20-03-15, 06:53 PM
I will be leaving Richmond Maccas at 7.00 am sharp on Sunday morning if anyone wants to tag along. Doggy.

Talreuse
20-03-15, 09:12 PM
Second trip that I have waited for a response to questions, or haven't been added to the list. Ow well never mind

Steve F
20-03-15, 09:38 PM
Second trip that I have waited for a response to questions, or haven't been added to the list. Ow well never mind

What question did you need an answer too? Don't worry about being added to the list, all are welcome there is no need to wait for a formal notification ;) Hunno works shift work and is already up there so can not always get on and check the posts for replies. Like I say though, being on "the list" is not a prerequisite to going, there are a few going that aren't on the list when I look through the thread.

Cheers
Steve

Nekked
21-03-15, 10:28 AM
I cannot make it anymore sorry guys, my jeep is still out of action and I have a lot to catch up on this weekend.

Once I'm back from America I can spend more time out there preparing for jambo

stevet
21-03-15, 11:04 AM
Sorry, I am out..... The Jeep did not get out of town, bugger...................

dobbo56
22-03-15, 08:05 PM
Now that was a damn fun day out, thanks Brian, and the rest of the guys and girls for a great day, now to wash the skiddies out of the old jocks. Always a sign of a challenging day on the trails. Doggy...

redrubi
22-03-15, 10:08 PM
Great weekend guys"n"girls,

Thanks to all who showed up, it may have seemed like we didn't get much achieved, not true! Yes we didn't get to do any clearing or chainsaw work (except Greg). But we did get conformation on use of the main show ground area for the marquee, test track lay out plan completed and 99% cleared by show ground committee, a basic plan for where the showers/dunnies will go and today some more reccie/track exploring, complete with a single line followed by a double-line winch recovery and snatch.
Photos please Hayley!!!
And yes it was me!! (purely as a training demo!!!!!!:grief:)

Cheers

Andy:pirate:

AV8
23-03-15, 08:11 PM
I heard that the pink onesie was passed down to you, Andy. We want to see the piccy of you with it. ;)

The pink mantle was first mentioned in the Old Jambo, as a garment worn by chiefs. In Jambo bible 2:11-14, the mantle passing from Wolfie to his successor , symbolizes the passing of prophetic authority....

redrubi
23-03-15, 10:07 PM
I heard that the pink onesie was passed down to you, Andy. We want to see the piccy of you with it. ;)

The pink mantle was first mentioned in the Old Jambo, as a garment worn by chiefs. In Jambo bible 2:11-14, the mantle passing from Wolfie to his successor , symbolizes the passing of prophetic authority....
Oh my Sal, how the uneducated go off half cocked!! LOL:highly_amused:

Firstly the "Pink Gay Jambo Gnome Pants" (which used to belong to my mother-in-law) made their 1st appearance during the 2012 Jambo working Bees.

The "PIG Onesie" on the other hand came into being during the Central Aust Trip last year (purchased at a shop in Nyngan) then popped up all across the outback!

But trust me there will be a "Pink Pants Handover Ceremony" at the next working bee!

Yours in correction

Andy:pirate:

AV8
24-03-15, 08:28 AM
I stand corrected. :highly_amused: I knew that would give you great pleasure.. lol!

So who will be wearing it?

redrubi
24-03-15, 10:17 PM
I stand corrected. :highly_amused: I knew that would give you great pleasure.. lol!

So who will be wearing it?
The onesie me! The pink pants Madam President! LMAO:highly_amused:

AV8
24-03-15, 10:39 PM
The onesie me! The pink pants Madam President! LMAO:highly_amused:

Oh.... What's seen...

Heidi
25-03-15, 09:22 AM
errr I don't think so LOL

redrubi
25-03-15, 03:26 PM
errr I don't think so LOL
Hey rules is rules!! LOL

Tjcarter
31-03-15, 06:41 PM
Was there another trip up to rydal for the Easter long weekend?
i think I remember someone mentioning it

Dave
31-03-15, 08:53 PM
Was there another trip up to rydal for the Easter long weekend?
i think I remember someone mentioning it

Definitely mentioned and I hope so! Will check with Andy at the club meeting tomorrow night.

Forecast is for wet unfortunately, but this will be one of the few weekends I can get up there for a bit!

Dave

Tjcarter
31-03-15, 09:43 PM
Thanks Dave, keep me in the loop!

Cpage66
01-04-15, 03:12 PM
Thanks Dave, keep me in the loop!
Hey Tyler, good to sneak up on ya' in traffic the other day!

Dave
01-04-15, 10:43 PM
Sorry Guys, no trip to Rydal over the Easter long weekend. Andy is off the road for a bit, and all the other organisers are busy or at Camp Coffs.

It's also likely to be raining...

Heidi is planning a trip in that direction for 11 April, she will post up separately.

Thanks,
Dave