PDA

View Full Version : Asking price for my tj?

jean05
29-03-15, 12:26 PM
Hi All
I would like to sell my 2002 TJ soft top. Now I am not sure how much I should ask. Its standard with 31inch Yokohama geolander muds on. The Jeep is in good condition. It hasn't seen gravel roads before I got it last year June. So its hardly been used for off road.
So any price range will be helpful.

Cheers
Jean

Elio S
29-03-15, 09:53 PM
Best advise I can give is just check out the price of the others on carsales.com.au. As someone that just bought a TJ I've been keeping a close eye on their prices and as a result I picked up a pretty good 2006 Golden Eagle with quite a few mods for just over $10000. It's not without it's problems though, none of which were mentioned to me before I'd bought it, but being a mechanic of 25 + years, I knew about them before I purchased the car. Hard tops seem to be worth more than soft tops, but having said that I think the going price for a decent 2002 model is somewhere around $10000-$13000 mark. Start off at the high end of the spectrum and work down if there is no interest.

jean05
29-03-15, 10:38 PM
Thanks mate! I did that but the prices are all over the show. Thats why I asked. Sound good to me. Saying that I will be happy to take $8000 for it. I need a 7 seater due to our new addition to the family.