PDA

View Full Version : KL Cherokee Video, A must watch.

dobbo56
07-04-15, 06:45 PM
For anyone doubting the capability of the new Cherokee, Watch this video. The spotter is very good also. https://youtu.be/DyJBr9O-u8g DOGGY.

AV8
08-04-15, 02:23 AM
Saw it smash the undersides and getting turtled on a rock there for real. I'm not convinced to be honest.

Then again "capability" is a highly subjective argument.

Elio S
08-04-15, 07:55 AM
Saw it smash the undersides and getting turtled on a rock there for real. I'm not convinced to be honest.

Then again "capability" is a highly subjective argument.

I agree. I've seen a couple of these getting around Sydney now. The Trailhawks are a little bit higher than the Limited's etc, but the ground clearance is still pretty crap. My old WG with 2" lift had much better ground clearance, but it would still get hung up on rocks that my Nissan's and Suzuki's that I had owned previously would walk over. But then again, I could be wrong. I remember thinking the same thing about the current model Grand's, but I've seen a couple of them offroad and they performed pretty bloody good. I'd like to see a video of one of these doing something like the powerline track at Zig Zag.

stevet
08-04-15, 02:47 PM
After watching the video of the Trailhawk........... I would have no issue with one taking it to all the tracks at the ZigZag including the Pipeline provided it had sliders/tyres of course............ I have seen every model of Jeep get hung up on something along the line somewhere, somehow, usually by driver inexperience or poor spotting or both and sometimes by pure bad luck............ Mod's for them will come in time........ Every Jeep has some limitations but learning how to use it, including getting stuck now and then ( and recovery), is part of the process of gaining experience with your 4wd of choice.............

AV8
08-04-15, 05:39 PM
After watching the video of the Trailhawk........... I would have no issue with one taking it to all the tracks at the ZigZag including the Pipeline provided it had sliders/tyres of course............ I have seen every model of Jeep get hung up on something along the line somewhere, somehow, usually by driver inexperience or poor spotting or both and sometimes by pure bad luck............ Mod's for them will come in time........ Every Jeep has some limitations but learning how to use it, including getting stuck now and then ( and recovery), is part of the process of gaining experience with your 4wd of choice.............

The red or anvil one?

stevet
09-04-15, 03:03 AM
The red or anvil one?
Thought there was only one Trailhawk in the video??...:smile-new:............. KJ's copped about the same when they first came out back then...:smile-new:.....

AV8
09-04-15, 05:49 AM
Well, this one I wouldn't mind.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k610/joyschtik/8cf6e4d682fbcecf081322c5c9dbe027.jpg

stevet
09-04-15, 07:19 PM
There was a silver KJ with solid axles, 6" lift, big tyres etc, back at a previous Camp Coff's or a Jambo?? but it never got off the trailer as it had drive line issue's if I remember correctly.. Looked real mean...Lol.... Someone may have a pic of it out there...............