PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my TJ error codes

Easy77
10-04-15, 08:07 PM
Ok, driving home today, it was raining... took a sharp turn with some speed, hit a small puddle and the engine light came on (just recently i was bragging that I've done "faultless" 19,000 km in the year i owned it :grumpy:).

I've collected the following error codes:
P0122, P0123, P0320, P1391

In order of appearance, that is:
1. Throttle position sensor (TPS) voltage too low,
2. TPS voltage too high,
3. No crank reference signal at crankshaft position sensor and, finally,
4. "Intermittent loss of CMP or CKP Loss of the Cam Position Sensor or Crank Position Sensor has occured".

Ouch! The engine light is ON. Jeep runs but i just won't take it like this tomorrow to the Touring the Turon trip. Any of you jeepers can give some advice, share thoughts?

Oh, and if that's related at all - i've changed the spark plugs on Tuesday; the TJ felt a bit "lighter" afterwards (the old ones were busted), hence my spirited drive home tonight.... However, I don't think i'd have bumped any of those sensors there, maybe i have a bad wire somewhere... any ideas?

Thanks,
Dushan

Heidi
12-04-15, 07:58 AM
Probably need to replace the TPS sensor and the CMP and probably the CKP as well.
and maybe check your O2 Sensors as well
Get them sorted though as this was the start of our engine issues in our TJ (we had a misfire code as well though)

Easy77
12-04-15, 11:48 PM
Probably need to replace the TPS sensor and the CMP and probably the CKP as well.

Thanks Heidi; I've already ordered all three sensors from Rockauto. If it's just the TPS or the Cam sensor then it's an easy fix.
TPS actually seems on its way out - today I removed it for a moment, then put it back, started the rocket and it was revving over 2K rpm "idling" (with the connector cable in place). I then cleaned the TPS and carefully re-seated it it; it is now idling fine, drives ok too, just have that light there on the dashboard. That's one touchy TPS. I'll put all three new sensors in there and will see. This is a result from not enough off-roading!

Elio S
14-04-15, 07:52 AM
As you hit a puddle of water, I reckon you've got water in one of the plugs or a dirty connection in the wiring somewhere. It would be very unusual if you've done the tps and cam/crank angle sensor at the same time.