PDA

View Full Version : Day trip next weekend - April 18/19?

Hamma
12-04-15, 02:12 AM
Hi All.
I would like to get the wheels dirty again next weekend if anyone else wants to do the same. Couldn't join in on the Turon trip this weekend, but could do it next weekend instead if anyone else wants to do that too. Actually I'm quite happy to follow along with anyone who's heading out. I would like to try a track with a river crossing or two (not too deep for the Trailhawk), but any moderate to slightly challenging tracks would be good. I know it can climb pretty well for an SUV looking vehicle, so rocky terrain is good but I haven't tried mud or sand in it yet. If you're planning to head out and wouldn't mind having me tag along, please let me know.

Cheers,
John.

Cherokee KL TrailHawk
All standard (for now).

Cobus
14-04-15, 06:14 AM
Hi John,

I've got nothing planned but if you going out I'll tag along.....

Saturday will be better...

Elio S
14-04-15, 07:47 AM
I'd be in for that too. Any thoughts on where you'd like to go??

Dru
14-04-15, 09:45 AM
Can I interest you in a recce?

I have been wanting to get back into the tracks at the head of the Cox River, including part of the 6 foot trail and minni-minni fire trail. Not far from the Jambo base at Rydal. I have some published notes somewhere - the trail was easy C Grade. Stock vehicles would be fine. Unfortunately the last time we tried to nose into the area the trails were well blocked by fallen trees following summer storms. Hence the need to recce.

It could be linked in with Hampton Forest - SJC did a trip there not so long back that could pin together with minni-minni.

Elio S
14-04-15, 11:46 AM
Can I interest you in a recce?

I have been wanting to get back into the tracks at the head of the Cox River, including part of the 6 foot trail and minni-minni fire trail. Not far from the Jambo base at Rydal. I have some published notes somewhere - the trail was easy C Grade. Stock vehicles would be fine. Unfortunately the last time we tried to nose into the area the trails were well blocked by fallen trees following summer storms. Hence the need to recce.
It could be linked in with Hampton Forest - SJC did a trip there not so long back that could pin together with minni-minni.

I'd be up for that

Hamma
15-04-15, 01:09 AM
Hi Dru, Elio. I hadn't decided where to go yet, so this sounds good. Where and when do you want to meet up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dru
16-04-15, 09:10 PM
Thanks Hamma. Looks like we are on.

Meet up point is Mt Victoria Caltex station at 9:00 am this Saturday 18th April.

For the record, the trip is C grade, stock vehicles welcome. But it's a Recce so no guarantee of conditions where we poke our noses off The trek notes. This trip is based on "4wd Treks close to Sydney" trek 21 which starts and finishes at Little Hartley. Note though that we do want to check the side tracks that are not part of the published trek.

Im hoping everyone has UHF comms (I have one spare hand set). You would want your own recovery gear in terms of snatch straps, and proper recovery points.

Guys, this is an easy track in an interesting area. Look forward to seeing you.

ps, 5 vehicles max I think.

1. Dru n Kerry
2. Hamma
3. Elio S
4. Cobus? Come on bloke you know you want to catch up again.
5. Peter - Pajero

Elio S
16-04-15, 10:09 PM
Cool. Which one was the Mt Victoria Caltex?? What side of the rd is it on??

Dru
16-04-15, 10:25 PM
As you head west, it's on the RHS. Radio channel 15 for SJC.

also My Mobile 0419 855 121

Hamma
16-04-15, 10:31 PM
Thanks Dru. I have a snatch strap, an equaliser strap and a few funky red tow points to use if necessary. Also have a hand held and look forward to hooking up on Saturday. I'll have my 2 boys with me as well - it will be their first ever off-road adventure.
Cheers, John.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamma
16-04-15, 10:32 PM
And my mobile is 0438 404 656.

Elio S
17-04-15, 07:46 AM
Thanks. I'm 0416 259 669. If there are any drama's I'll let one of you know

Dru
17-04-15, 10:55 AM
My mate Peter (Pajero) had a bunch pull out of a planned trip, apparently 4WD's are allergic to rain (unless it's a jeep!). Hope you guys don't mind that I offered for him to join us.

Hamma
17-04-15, 03:54 PM
Absolutely fine by me.

Elio S
17-04-15, 09:47 PM
My mate Peter (Pajero) had a bunch pull out of a planned trip, apparently 4WD's are allergic to rain (unless it's a jeep!). Hope you guys don't mind that I offered for him to join us.

lol. That's funny. No problem here either.