PDA

View Full Version : The XJ has gone

Rob.79
04-05-15, 09:58 PM
We'll guys the XJ has sold, and the hunt for another 4x4 continues. Over the last month or so I have looked at a few early JKUs and an early Diesel JK, but undecided as of yet, I do have a small Dilemma though, working in the motor trade as I do, we get quite a few trade-in vehicles, and I have the sales guys keeping an "eye open", we had a GU Patrol, and a Pajero, but they were not for me, we get very few Jeeps traded unfortunately.
At the weekend I was informed a very tidy 2003 manual TD5 Discovery 2a, to be traded this week.. And as I have past experience working on land rovers, if the price is right, and it's as good as I'm told, it may be an option!

To be continued......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanD
04-05-15, 10:06 PM
2 door JK Rubicon... You know you want to...

Rob.79
04-05-15, 11:00 PM
Lol, I wish, it's all about money, all of the older Rubicon's have big Ks and need loads of work, they've either been used off-road as intended and every thing is worn, or they've never been off-road and everything has seized... I would prefer a JKU, I'd say for the extra space, but there is not too much of that in any model Wrangler.......

Paul-JK
05-05-15, 09:55 AM
I was looking for a Disco 2 when I bought the Wrangler.
I couldn't find one that I was happy with for a reasonable price though and in the end I got the Wrangler brand new for not that much more than most decent ones were going for (this was 5 years ago).
Still love the D2's though. I fancied the 2004 auto TD5. Think the 2004 got the upgraded headlights and they put the centre diff lock back in that year as well, though I could be wrong on that as it's been a while side I looked at them.
What sort of $ and km are you looking for in a JKU? There have been a few for sale on AJOR recently.

Steve F
05-05-15, 10:07 AM
Lol, I wish, it's all about money, all of the older Rubicon's have big Ks and need loads of work, they've either been used off-road as intended and every thing is worn, or they've never been off-road and everything has seized... I would prefer a JKU, I'd say for the extra space, but there is not too much of that in any model Wrangler.......

I picked up my 2 door Rubi for $21k, it's a 2009 with full service history and had 39k km on it. 4 doors were a lot more expensive. 2 doors are much easier to find at the lower prices with lower km's but I did see a 2009 4 door sport go for 20k with 65k km on it so they are out there. What price are you hoping for?

Cheers
Steve

Rob.79
11-05-15, 08:55 PM
Well, I don't know how to put it, and I feel a little sad. I have met some good people, had some fun and good times since becoming a member of SJC, but a deal has been done, and I have, as they say, gone to the "Dark-Side!"