PDA

View Full Version : Paul's JK & Camper

Paul-JK
21-05-15, 08:08 PM
Never got around to posting anything about the JK in it's own right but here's a quick pick from today when we picked up the camper.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab181/plawton/Camper/IMG_5575.jpg

It's a Cub Supamatic Escape LE with the off road pack and a few other bits and pieces added......OK quite a few other bits and pieces.
Stoked with it. Been over it top to bottom with the guys when i picked it up and it looks great.
Set up and pack down will no doubt take a while for the first few attempts but should be nice and quick once we get the hang of it.
Dropped it on the back of the JK and the rear only dropped 10mm, and at that height the camper sits perfectly level. Couldn't be better.
The tailgate opens fully (misses the stone guard by about 1mm!) so that's a bonus.
Didn't bother to inflate the airbags for the trip home just to see how it went and it towed really well. I didn't feel the rear suspension bouncing too much at all. Obviously that's with an empty camper and an empty JK though so I expect the airbags will be needed when it's all packed up.
Towed home (about 60km) without any issues. I won't say I didn't notice the camper was there but it wasn't as power sapping as I expected considering it weights about a tonne. You need to give it a bit on steeper hills and you can feel the camper pushing you down steeper hills but other than that all was good.
Even managed to reverse it into the garage first time which amazed me as I've never towed anything before in my life before.
Now just got to get into it, get the canvas seasoned and work out what goes where and then get some trips planned.

richhenning
21-05-15, 10:34 PM
That's awesome Paul, looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul-JK
21-05-15, 10:38 PM
Thanks Rich.