PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Suggestions needed URGENT......

TRBN8R
18-06-15, 05:23 PM
Hi Fellow Jeepers,

I just realized the lease for my Jeep runs out on Monday as I get another vehicle on lease tomorrow. So the insurance that comes with the lease runs out on Monday as well. Can you please suggest what insurance you guys are using for your modded Jeeps.

My Jeep is modded as under....

2008 JKU Auto Petrol Renegade
40mm Suspension Lift
33" BFG KM2s
AEV Snorkel
Bull bars Front(Mopar) Rear(AEV)
Kogan LED Light Bar
GME 2 Way Radio
Rock Sliders(Mopar)
Tom Woods Double Cardon front drive shaft
Yukon Chromoly front axles
Truetrack LSD Rear Diff

I do not want the value of the mods insured but just want to mention them so any claim doesn't get knocked back later on.

I have a very clean 12 year driving record in Australia with only one at fault crash in 2012 and one red light fine in 2010.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated......

Cheers
Mani

Greg D
18-06-15, 06:22 PM
Mani,
I insured my Grand with Bingle.
It is all online.

The vehicle is fully covered offroad, and mods do not have to be listed (they have about 4 mods which they list and won't insure). Otherwise you select your insured value within their range (my Grand is insured for $16000 more than the dealer price, which almost covers my mods).

Bingle is owned by Suncorp, was excellent with my claim recently, and is all done on the web. Less than half the cost of some other quotes (all confirmed in the recent 4WD Action article). Budget is OK, but not as flexible on mods (they need details and will only quote after you detail the odds).

Hope you find something suitable.
Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stevet
18-06-15, 10:47 PM
Shannon's seem O.K. Cover you for off-road, track days, and gives you first pick of your wreck for salvage if it happens. Also cover all mod's if legal and you inform them to get them covered if a repair is done.

Elio S
19-06-15, 09:12 AM
I insure with the NRMA for 2 reasons. 1 is because I work for the road service company and even though road service and insurance companies are two totally seperate companies, I get insurance for 1/2 price, and 2 is because they'll insure my car with modifications, no drama's as long as it's legal, unlike Real Insurance who outright refused to re-insure a previous car all because I had a (street legal) sports exhaust fitted .

TRBN8R
22-06-15, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys.... Went with Bingle.... Insured 18500. Paid 640 a year including parking on the street......

Wallyd
23-06-15, 06:39 PM
I think bingle dont insure any mods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TRBN8R
24-06-15, 08:37 AM
They insure the cost of the car regardless of the mods...

Wallyd
24-06-15, 08:49 AM
Oh, ok. I thought they wouldn't touch a modified car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRBN8R
24-06-15, 09:07 AM
There is 4 mods they don't touch like special paintings, roll cages etc....

Heidi
24-06-15, 09:16 AM
The TJ is with GIO and the JKU is with Vero (Suncorp)

The biggest one to check if you are covered for accidents or events.... why the difference matters - example is fording a river is an event and the result is a hydrolocked engine - insurance pays out if you are covered for events, if you are only covered for accidents it would not payout as there was not impact...

The JKU is with Vero as that is who work uses for leased cars and it was to good a deal not to opt out off

I do wonder about that roll cage statement though that has started appearing as the wranglers have them fitted stock... also some won't cover you if you have fibreglass panels - again how does that go with the hard top...have not been game enough to question it.

Wallyd
24-06-15, 09:22 AM
My question to DGA was, am I covered if I drown the car or fall off a cliff anywhere in Australia? They said yes, anywhere in Australia. I've been with them for 12 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRBN8R
24-06-15, 09:53 AM
I have done enough hard tracks... After the Jambo I am gonna do mostly easy ones and concentrate on camping and touring so not much fussed about drowning the engine etc... Probably I am getting old and want to do trips that my 8 yr old and 2yr old enjoy more.... The Challenger is gonna take up remote area travel duties and JK gona be the fun weekender.....

Easy77
24-06-15, 01:18 PM
Currently with GIO. I asked about the rollcage in TJ - it is covered as it is a factory build. Aftermarket cage voids the insurance though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk

Heidi
24-06-15, 02:19 PM
Manni I hydro locked the engine in my kluger in about 2" of water it was such a fluke considering I had crossed the Murray at tom grogging the week before as well as crooked river in the high country.

TRBN8R
24-06-15, 02:26 PM
Ouch.... That would be an expensive repair if not covered by insurance.....