PDA

View Full Version : Bowtells Swing Bridge via Jenolan Forest, 6ft track – Sunday 28th June

Teshie
18-06-15, 11:18 PM
​Looking to go on a scenic day trip to Bowtells Swing Bridge via Jenolan Forest, also called 6 Foot Track (listed as Trip #8 in 4WD Treks close to Sydney 6e book).

This is an easy drive and should allow us time for a picnic at Cox river bank and a bush walk to Swing bridge, challenge ourselves to walk across it... meant to be a thrill.

Meet: Hartley Court House (This is on Old Bathurst Road just slightly off Great Western Highway. Due to current roadworks, left turn off the highway can creep up on you and it is a single lane, so please watch out for the turn off.)

Time: 9:00am with 9:15am departure (If running late or no show please ring me on 0400 421 782 (tel:0400 421 782))

Grade: D can potentially depend on weather in previous couple of days but track is suitable for stock vehicles. It does involve couple of usually shallow river and creek crossings.

Requirements: recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink, camera and sturdy shoes…. started to get cold up in the mountains.

Numbers: limited to 10

Fuel: Coming from Sydney, last servo is at Mt Victoria before Hartley. Be advised trek itself is ~60kms plus ~40kms on tarmac, Please fuel up before meeting the convoy.

Please post up your responses and \ or questions, this is a popular club tour so if I am unable to answer anything then others with prior experience and knowledge of this area will be able to assist.

1. Ritesh & Avani
2. Steve, Bec and Emily
3. Ian W
4. Dennis
5. John

If you require more trek info then please let me know and i can email you scanned pdf copy of the trek description from the 4WD book.

Looking forward to seeing you on the trek.

Cheers
Ritesh

Steve F
19-06-15, 12:53 AM
Put us down, Steve, Bec and Emily.

Cheers
Steve

DanD
19-06-15, 08:07 AM
Please put me down for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk_menace
19-06-15, 08:40 AM
Yes please, put us down.
cheers
Dennis

richhenning
19-06-15, 01:13 PM
Put me down Teshie

rich

uncaged123
19-06-15, 08:45 PM
Teshie, please put me down as a most likelly at this stage. Will confirm in a few days.

Cheers RobS (keeper of the bugger award trophy)

Teshie
19-06-15, 11:16 PM
Teshie, please put me down as a most likelly at this stage. Will confirm in a few days.

Cheers RobS (keeper of the bugger award trophy)

No worries Rob, I have just updated the list and added you as a maybe for now. I am sure you are counting down the days to next club meeting to pass on that bugger award, hoping it's a close tie between couple of us :)

Easy77
20-06-15, 03:38 PM
Yes, put me on the list.

Dushan

Flatfender
21-06-15, 11:10 AM
It's time I got out again - put me on the list please Teshie.

Cheers
Ian W.

DanD
21-06-15, 06:05 PM
I'm going to have to pass on this trip sorry - budget took a hit this weekend (oops) and need to stretch the $ for payday.

Teshie
21-06-15, 11:02 PM
No worries Dan. Will be good to see you Ian and Dushan. List has been updated. Cheers.

richhenning
23-06-15, 10:47 PM
Hi Teshie,
Unfortunately I am out too, unexpected commitments popping up.

Teshie
23-06-15, 10:57 PM
That is Ok Rich, next time. I plan to go back in the area to check out the Kanangra walls and Dingo Dell run in a couple of weeks. Thanks.

Easy77
25-06-15, 11:28 AM
Apologies, i'm out now

Steve F
26-06-15, 09:59 AM
Hoping someone will wear my action cam and cross the bridge. My survival instincts won't let me :)

Cheers
Steve

Teshie
26-06-15, 11:00 AM
We might have to flip a coin, i only made it a couple of meters last time i tried. Let's see...

Hamma
27-06-15, 10:07 PM
Hi Teshie - count me in. See you at the court house. Cheers, John.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teshie
27-06-15, 10:59 PM
Hi Teshie - count me in. See you at the court house. Cheers, John.

Great to hear John. See you all there. Cheers !

Steve F
28-06-15, 07:51 PM
I got some good video and pics today, processing now and will upload to the Jambo facebook page :) Great day, nice to do an easier trip every now and then.

Cheers
Steve

DanD
28-06-15, 09:44 PM
Spewing that I wasn't able to make it today :( Saw Dennis drive past me at Blaxland / Lapstone area this afternoon lol - looking at the vids that Steve F is putting up on the FaceAche page - is this run going to be done again prior to Jambo as it looks like a great run

jk_menace
28-06-15, 11:12 PM
Thanks Teshie for today, really good day trip for Jambo. Happy to help in running it. Sorry Dan missed you on the highway this avo.
Cheers
Dennis

Teshie
28-06-15, 11:13 PM
A fantastic day out, Thanks guys for letting me have a crack at leading and helping me with it. Although I did take that wrong turn on the way in via Marsden swamp rd and got lost on the final bit on Black Range rd trying to look for the main road, got all jeeps very muddy... overall experience has been a confidence booster and one that I enjoyed. Plus I know the area much better now. The Beef Steak fire trail could be a nice short side trip that can be added on to the main trail, only in dry weather though.

In all the Swing Bridge trip is a great mix of easy driving, medium grade bushwalk, picnic at campsite, maybe a dip in the river and if one is game then take on the challenge of crossing that bridge.. They did get the name right, it swings and based on the video it rattles too !!

Footage on Jambo Facebook page looks awesome, already getting views and likes... Nice job uploading it up there so soon Steve.

Hi Dan - I will definitely go back, this time in from Black Range Rd, down to the Cox River and Bridge, back out via Six foot track and Marsden Swamp rd... As that combination makes a good Grade D trip and is closest from the Rydal Showground. I also think a few may want to run the Mini Mini trail route down to the bridge as Grade C trip. So absolutely, look out for trip postings, there will be a couple more opportunities coming before the Jambo for sure.

cheers
ritesh

Hamma
29-06-15, 08:03 AM
Thanks for organising and leading today, Teshie. Enjoyed it all (except the car-sick episodes from my 6 yo [emoji15]).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flatfender
29-06-15, 05:36 PM
Thanks Teshie, Great scenery, great weather and most of all great company, - all in all a great day out.
Now if only I could fit a heater in the flatfender!
Cheers
Ian W.

Teshie
29-06-15, 10:59 PM
John, the 6 yr old did well to continue on and was great to see the TrailHawk in action. That is a nice looking modern jeep.

Ian, maybe you need a dual battery setup and head to a motorcycle store to get some heated clothing :)

Was a good mix of jeeps on the Sunday trip - TJ, JKU , JK Rubicon, Trailhawk and The Flatfender.