PDA

View Full Version : Baal Bone return via Turon River and Sunny Corner

Dru
07-07-15, 02:33 PM
WHERE: Baal Bone and Turon River

WHEN: Sun 9th August
MEET:
a) Richmond Macdonalds 7:15am leaving latest: 7:30am
b) Shell Petrol Station - Lithgow - Cnr Magpie Hollow Road (sometimes called Rydal Rd) and Great Western Highway. 9:15am leaving latest 9:30 for the Lithgow meeting point. It's a long-ish trip so everyone will want to fuel up at Lithgow.

We will head straight to Baal Bone via Wolgan Rd (Bitumen).

I hope everyone will work with us at stop points etc, it's a large group!

GRADE: C (C+ pinch point descending Baal Bone)
REQUIREMENTS: Radio. Jeep. Front and rear attachment points. Standard vehicles are OK. Winter woollies!

This is the next "piece of the puzzle" for Kerry's Jambo trail familiarisation. So the idea is to help people get familiar with the trails from Rydal so you can have comfort in leading trips at Jambo. We use what we learned in the Newnes D grade reccie to get to the Baal Bone track.

There is a small pinch point at each end of Baal Bone which is C+, but they are very short and the only technical bits in this trip. I think stock vehicles are fine. We are doing this the "easy way", ie the harder pinch point is down hill.

A bit of bitumen on the Gt Western Hwy to Capertee where we head into Turon River. There are three main routes from there back to Rydal that are D, C and C with a C+/B descent. We will be taking the C grade route. It's our favourite kind of wheelin' - nothing technical but plenty of low range cruising.

The views from Baal Bone are truly breath-taking. The Turon River provides a series of entertaining and safe water crossings. And Black Butt Mountain and Pinnacle trails climbs to over 1200m before dropping back down. Like most of our trips it's a long day, but we will be back on bitumen in day light.

As usual the idea is to talk about where we are, how to get from A to B, and get to know more about the area.

ATTENDING:
1: Dru and Kerry, dru: Richmond Macca's
2: Steve, SteveT: Richmond Macca's
3: Sean & Daphne, SeanC: Richmond Macca's
4: Steve. Steve x: Richmond Macca's
5: John, Hamma: Richmond Macca's
6: John, john diatosho: Richmond Macca's

7: Rob, uncaged123: Shell Lithgow
8: Dennis, jk_menace: Shell Lithgow
9: Dushan, Easy77: Shell Lithgow
10: Ritesh & Avani: Shell Lithgow
11: Dan, DanD: Shell Lithgow.
12: Shannon, AusJeep: Shell Lithgow
13: Rich, RichHenning: Shell Lithgow

Confirm on the day
14: Andy & Charl, redruby: Shell Lithgow

PHONE CONTACT:
Dru Spork M: 0419 855 121 (tel:0419 855 121)

Note, we cant afford to lose time kicking off so please be ready to depart at the times noted. If you are running late call - we should be able to advise where you may be able to catch up with the Convoy, but at this stage we intend departing on time.

cheers

Dru and Kerry

uncaged123
07-07-15, 04:23 PM
Hi Dru, I'm in for this trip too. I'll meet you at the shell servo.

Cheers RobS

jk_menace
07-07-15, 04:30 PM
Hi Dru,
yes please.
cheers mate.
Dennis

jk_menace
07-07-15, 04:33 PM
Sorry Dru, forgot to report meeting place. Shell Lithgow. Too keen lol.
Dennis

Easy77
07-07-15, 04:53 PM
Yes plz. Meet at Shell Lithgow.
Cheers,
Dushan

Teshie
07-07-15, 05:17 PM
Please count us in for meeting at Shell Lithgow, Ritesh & Avani, Thanks.

richhenning
07-07-15, 10:30 PM
Please count me in Dru thanks. Richmond maccas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanD
07-07-15, 11:03 PM
Count me in also - this is a great run - will be @ Shell servo in the mountains

Also - Just thinking that it should be about 30 mins from Zig Zag carpark to the Shell servo - are we aiming for a 9:30am meetup with the convoy from Richmond maccas @ the shell servo?
And for those that turn on their headlights when driving - turn them off well before going through the Turon river as your headlights will most likely crack...

Dru
08-07-15, 12:06 AM
Count me in also - this is a great run - will be @ Shell servo in the mountains

Also - Just thinking that it should be about 30 mins from Zig Zag carpark to the Shell servo - are we aiming for a 9:30am meetup with the convoy from Richmond maccas @ the shell servo?
And for those that turn on their headlights when driving - turn them off well before going through the Turon river as your headlights will most likely crack...

Dan, do we need to get going earlier? It's a long trip, really think we need to be at Lithgow at 9:00.

[Edit] if I'm going to loose half an hour, I'd rather do this on the trails. Are we better off heading out from Zig Zag or getting going 30 mins earlier?

stevet
08-07-15, 12:54 PM
Yes please, depending on the rosters when they come out.......... Richmond Macca's.........

SeanC
08-07-15, 07:56 PM
Hi Dru,

We attended the meeting last week and Heidi suggested that we join a couple day trips as visitors before we join the club.

We are interested in tagging along on this trip but we have a stock JK shortie with no front or rear recovery points. Would this be suitable for this track?

We have done a few D tracks with water crossings previously but not many C grade.

Regards,
Sean and Daphne

Dru
08-07-15, 08:44 PM
Hi Sean and Daphne, and welcome! I suspect that this trip would be a nice step from D for you. A stock JK will be fine for the trip. I thought stock JK's have tow points standard from Jeep! Certainly my Rubi did. Would you mind checking this out?

We will pencil you in and I'll check with others in the club. You don't need aftermarket stuff, but I'll be much more comfortable knowing there's somewhere to attach a snatch strap or winch, if we have to. Which we won't, but I'd just like the comfort.

cheers

Dru

SeanC
08-07-15, 09:21 PM
Hi Dru,

Just checked. Yes, we do have tow points front and rear which will be fine for towing and winching but just not snatch strap.

Looking forward to the trip. We will meet you at Richmond Maccas.

Regards,
Sean & Daphne

dobbo56
08-07-15, 09:33 PM
Both the front and rear recovery points are OK for a gentle snatch and fine for winching. If you can buy another front stock recovery loop it enables you to use a bridle strap to spread the load. The rear is fine on its own. Cheers Doggy.

DanD
08-07-15, 09:50 PM
Dan, do we need to get going earlier? It's a long trip, really think we need to be at Lithgow at 9:00.

[Edit] if I'm going to loose half an hour, I'd rather do this on the trails. Are we better off heading out from Zig Zag or getting going 30 mins earlier?

Really depends if you intend to hit up Baal Bone gap from bitumen at the start or to do some offroad stuff before hitting Baal - i've only been to Baal once before with a trip to Turon Gates to finish off, wasn't too long of a day - can always trim the trip on the day to suit and make for another day if possible - Rome wasn't built in a day :)

DanD
08-07-15, 09:52 PM
Hi Sean and Daphne, and welcome! I suspect that this trip would be a nice step from D for you. A stock JK will be fine for the trip. I thought stock JK's have tow points standard from Jeep! Certainly my Rubi did. Would you mind checking this out?

We will pencil you in and I'll check with others in the club. You don't need aftermarket stuff, but I'll be much more comfortable knowing there's somewhere to attach a snatch strap or winch, if we have to. Which we won't, but I'd just like the comfort.

cheers

Dru

There are always 30 point turns and I can lead out to meet up somewhere - though, Ritesh only has sway bar disconnects and I'll have my sockets with me, pretty sure that we'll be able to undo (and later re-do) the sway bar links on a stock JK without too many worries...

stevet
08-07-15, 10:05 PM
There are always 30 point turns and I can lead out to meet up somewhere - though, Ritesh only has sway bar disconnects and I'll have my sockets with me, pretty sure that we'll be able to undo (and later re-do) the sway bar links on a stock JK without too many worries...
From memory, if you undo the swaybar link's on the JK, you will have to ensure that the sway then remains in the same horizontal/level position as when connected otherwise you will be at a high risk of puncturing the sidewall of the tyre when venturing off-road....... Only ever did that once and paid the price for it a few years back......

DanD
08-07-15, 10:11 PM
From memory, if you undo the swaybar link's on the JK, you will have to ensure that the sway then remains in the same horizontal/level position as when connected otherwise you will be at a high risk of puncturing the sidewall of the tyre when venturing off-road....... Only ever did that once and paid the price for it a few years back......

Definitely! Hence why I carry a *lot* of zip ties hehe

jk_menace
08-07-15, 10:14 PM
Both the front and rear recovery points are OK for a gentle snatch and fine for winching. If you can buy another front stock recovery loop it enables you to use a bridle strap to spread the load. The rear is fine on its own. Cheers Doggy.
Hi Sean, welcome to the club. I noticed today I have a new front recovery point for a Jk. Doggy suggested you may need an extra recovery point, don't buy one I'll bring mine in case we need it.
Cheers Dennis

Dru
08-07-15, 10:17 PM
It's all good!

Sean, all booked in, looking forward to catching up.

dru

stevet
08-07-15, 10:18 PM
Definitely! Hence why I carry a *lot* of zip ties hehe
Swaybar easy to tie-up out of the way on a TJ,ZJ, but JK's were new out, so I learnt real quick...... Have not actually asked/checked about it since..... Sure the way would have been found since then...LOL....

Paul-JK
08-07-15, 10:22 PM

Can't be 100% sure but I thought this only applied to the with sway bar disco's that used a locating pin on the end of the sway bar (like the JKS ones). It think it's the pin that can puncture the tyre.
I'm sure some other brand of sway bar disco's that fix differently and only disconnect from one end actually pull the sway bar up to secure it in place when disconnected. I think with the stock links removed completely you'd be fine regardless of where the sway bar is, but all that said, a couple of zip ties to hold it in place is cheap insurance. Just make sure you use good thick zip ties, not the cheap thin ones as they can shear off easily.

DanD
08-07-15, 10:23 PM
Swaybar easy to tie-up out of the way on a TJ,ZJ, but JK's were new out, so I learnt real quick...... Have not actually asked/checked about it since..... Sure the way would have been found since then...LOL....

Hehe oh yeah, very easy to zip off - there are holes in the chassis rails for the passenger side and the driver side just goes all the way around the chassis rail - piece of cake!

DanD
08-07-15, 10:24 PM
Can't be 100% sure but I thought this only applied to the with sway bar disco's that used a locating pin on the end of the sway bar (like the JKS ones). It think it's the pin that can puncture the tyre.
I'm sure some other brand of sway bar disco's that fix differently and only disconnect from one end actually pull the sway bar up to secure it in place when disconnected. I think with the stock links removed completely you'd be fine regardless of where the sway bar is, but all that said, a couple of zip ties to hold it in place is cheap insurance. Just make sure you use good thick zip ties, not the cheap thin ones as they can shear off easily.

You're talking 4 bolts removed versus 2... I'll go 2 bolts and zip ties any day lol

You coming on this run Paul??? You know you want to....

stevet
08-07-15, 10:38 PM
We zip-tied the swaybar up high, safely out of the way, so I thought, the swaybar itself punctured the sidewall under flex..... Just a faint memory as they say.... Come on Mr. Wooders, we need your wisdom, or I do at the least!....LOL.....

Paul-JK
09-07-15, 08:55 AM
You coming on this run Paul??? You know you want to....

You're not wrong! Watching all these great trips come and go from the comfort of my desk chair is no fun at all.
Between work trips, moving house (again) and going through the process of picking a builder to build our next house I don't seem to have had a weekend free for.........for as long as I can remember!
My JK sees so little off road work these days it now gets excited driving down the kerb to get off the drive.
Hopefully all the chaos will all be sorted in the next couple of weeks though. If there's space on this trip (and some of the others) a little closer to the time then I definitely want to try and come along. I'll need to have a read of the JK's manual first though to remind myself how to put the damn thing into 4WD!

DanD
09-07-15, 10:49 PM
We zip-tied the swaybar up high, safely out of the way, so I thought, the swaybar itself punctured the sidewall under flex..... Just a faint memory as they say.... Come on Mr. Wooders, we need your wisdom, or I do at the least!....LOL.....

From memory - zip tie @ horizontal on the JK as the sway bar links sit around the wheel and not near tyres at full flex and lock

You're not wrong! Watching all these great trips come and go from the comfort of my desk chair is no fun at all.
Between work trips, moving house (again) and going through the process of picking a builder to build our next house I don't seem to have had a weekend free for.........for as long as I can remember!
My JK sees so little off road work these days it now gets excited driving down the kerb to get off the drive.
Hopefully all the chaos will all be sorted in the next couple of weeks though. If there's space on this trip (and some of the others) a little closer to the time then I definitely want to try and come along. I'll need to have a read of the JK's manual first though to remind myself how to put the damn thing into 4WD!

You need a trip out mate, this is a good one to get you back into the swing of it for Jambo (and yea, I'll be pointing at you to lead a few trips :P ) will be awesome to catch up again
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Uw5o2-qLccGMLDHy1s85WbXRqJagfj53aaZ9FQaLI08=w276-h207-no

Steve x
09-07-15, 11:00 PM
Please count us in as well, meeting at Richmond Maccas, Steve and Lisa.
Thanks.

Easy77
09-07-15, 11:33 PM
Hi Dru, regarding the meeting at Lithgow (Shell) - is it meant to be 9:00 or 9:30? Thanks.

richhenning
09-07-15, 11:57 PM
C'mon Paul. Set the gps for Baal bone!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/09/b5bb2099da67aeefb85ad4948c485a36.jpg

Dru
10-07-15, 11:49 AM
Hi Dru, regarding the meeting at Lithgow (Shell) - is it meant to be 9:00 or 9:30? Thanks.

Dushan - opening post now updated - 9:30 start from Lithgow Shell. Hopefully everyone can be re-fuelled by then.

Paul-JK
10-07-15, 04:41 PM

Thanks Rich, the sad thing is that it's been so long since I've been up there I probably will need a GPS to get there.

Please put me down as a maybe for this trip. I'll need to confirm closer to the time.

You need a trip out mate, this is a good one to get you back into the swing of it for Jambo (and yea, I'll be pointing at you to lead a few trips :P ) will be awesome to catch up again
Thanks Dan, it would be good to catch up again.............but the "maybe" doesn't apply to leading trips! I think I'm a little way from doing that just yet.

Paul-JK
10-07-15, 04:44 PM
Thanks Dru - Just looked at the first page again to check the trip dates and seen that I'm already on reserve.

uncaged123
11-07-15, 09:12 PM
Steve, I need to do insurance papers tomorrow so I'm out. Left side step which is loose at its front, caught the front bumper of a 97 falcon and ripped it off. S....... fords.

I'll be on the next trip you arrange for those places.

Cheers RobS

Dru
11-07-15, 09:36 PM
Rob, wrong thread I think.

Hills4x4
11-07-15, 11:50 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/11/4dc235c4511496ca3fd549e40dfff4b7.jpg

Snow out at black springs right now !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamma
12-07-15, 09:27 AM
Hi Dru. Please add me to the reserve list.
(Richmond Maccas)

belinda.collings
16-07-15, 09:16 PM
Please put me on the reserve list as I'd love to go

Dru
16-07-15, 10:21 PM
Done Belinda. I can see a split convoy building here to get everyone in.

SteveC
17-07-15, 12:08 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/09/b5bb2099da67aeefb85ad4948c485a36.jpg

That's an old photo, but wasn't that at wattagans?

Dru
17-07-15, 01:26 PM
Trail notes and map have now been added to the Jambo section (club member access only) under "D and C Grade Trip Ideas".

richhenning
17-07-15, 03:27 PM
Yep it sure was at wattagans. On 29 September 2013.

Dropbox link to all the photos I took that day:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s81j1269c5b5nbt/img_2011.jpg?dl=0

Now back to Dru's thread :smile-new:

Dean!
21-07-15, 08:41 AM
Would love to go on this trip, Dru has said to be put on the waiting list, see you there hopefully in a blue tj!!

Dru
24-07-15, 01:55 PM
For clarity the Lithgow meeting point is the first Shell on the left as you run into Lithgow - It's actually called Bowenfels - a suburb of Lithgow. It's on the corner of Great Western Highway and a Rd that is either called "Rydal Rd" or "Magpie Hollow Rd" depending on your map.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/Google%20Earth_zpsvx3gmxnq.jpg (http://s284.photobucket.com/user/DruPics/media/Google%20Earth_zpsvx3gmxnq.jpg.html)

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/Map_zpsoqeu9ome.png (http://s284.photobucket.com/user/DruPics/media/Map_zpsoqeu9ome.png.html)

Dru
24-07-15, 02:19 PM
Also - we have extended the group size to accommodate the reserve list.

Regards

Dru

Hamma
24-07-15, 03:54 PM
Can't wait. I might have some better boots for the chariot by then- pending approval by the minister for finance [emoji3].

Dean!
26-07-15, 08:45 PM
Hi dru, richmond maccas is where we will meet you on this trip, see you then

Cheers blue tj
Dean!

Paul-JK
26-07-15, 11:14 PM
Well Mr Murphy and his damn laws have struck again.
Just got back tonight from a work trip to China but now need to go back again for another 2 weeks and you can guess which weekend I need to fly back up.
So I'm out. Gutted. Was looking forward to a day out on the tracks.
I'll have to check out the other trips and see if I can get on one of them.

Dru
27-07-15, 08:39 AM
You'll be missed.

Dru

Aus_Jeep
29-07-15, 10:53 AM
Can i be put on the list as a maybe. Would love to join you all on this one as Baal Bone is one of my favs.
My problem is that i may be on call and wont know till a few days beforehand if i have the weekend off. I'll meet at the lithgow meet point.

Regards,
Shannon.

uncaged123
29-07-15, 03:24 PM
I think its better and faster to leave from the Shell servo.

Cheers Rob

SeanC
29-07-15, 11:31 PM
Hi Dru, we will meet you at Richmond Macca's.

Hopefully, I'll have my clutch problem resolved by then.

Regards,
Sean

belinda.collings
03-08-15, 09:23 PM
Sorry Dru, I'm out. Matthew has a birthday party he has been invited too. Have fun guys.

Dru
04-08-15, 08:09 AM
All the best B. Kids birthday parties are a lot more fun when someone else is arranging!

Dru
04-08-15, 10:47 AM
OK guys, we are a convoy of 13!! (Lucky Number) Could everyone please check the first post which summarises who I think has confirmed. If anyone needs to pull out, could you please let me know?

Gathering times have been brought forward 15 mins, times for departures are just that. 7:30 from Richmond and 9:30 from Lithgow. It's a big group, I am really hoping to depart at the times posted not 10 or 20 mins later waiting for slow starters. :smile-new:

Sorry for being pushy, but once underway this really is a great trip. See you on Sunday.

My Mobile is Dru Spork M: 0419 855 121

Dean!
04-08-15, 07:03 PM
Hi Dru, we are unable to come on the trip due to faulty o2 sensors, (taken all the money) we will see you next trip

Cheers blue tj

john diatsoho
05-08-15, 11:44 PM
Hi dru, john and di would like to join you guys. We are newbies and will meet at richmond. If thats ok

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Hamma
05-08-15, 11:48 PM
Hi John & Di. Good to see you made it here.
Dru, these are the guys I spoke to you about.
Cheers, John.

richhenning
06-08-15, 09:54 AM
Hi Dru,

Please change my meeting point to Shell Lithgow, thanks.

redrubi
06-08-15, 12:50 PM
G-Day Dru Mate,

Might see you Sunday! Will let you know. We will be up that way if we are coming.

Cheers

Andy&Charl

Dru
06-08-15, 01:07 PM
Cheers Andy, your help would be appreciated. :smile-new:

Dru
06-08-15, 01:10 PM
John, yes John clued us up. See you at Richmond.

redrubi
06-08-15, 02:47 PM
Lock us in Dru! Will most likely meet you at start of Baal Bone Track! Have you got an "ish" time? LOL

Dru
06-08-15, 02:52 PM
9:30 leaving Lithgow, so say 15 to 20 mi s after that.

Dru

Steve x
07-08-15, 09:32 PM
Hi Dru,

Please change my meeting point to Shell Lithgow, thanks
Steve X and Lisa

Jeep11
08-08-15, 12:16 PM
Hi guys,
would it be possible to add Hayley and I to the run for tomorrow, we would like to meet you guys at the shell at lithgow

uncaged123
08-08-15, 08:42 PM
Sorry Dru, I sadly have to pull out. Australian Post failed to deliver in time a replacement disconnect from Trax Industries. Right side bottom attachment shattered and driving my jku is like steering a boat on water. Hopefully I'll be able to join you next time you're in that region.

Have a good safe outing, cheers Rob

DanD
09-08-15, 07:30 PM
Thank you for organising today Dru & Kerry! I had a blast today! Many thanks to Andy for spotting and many thanks to all that came along to make a great day :)

Aus_Jeep
09-08-15, 07:53 PM
Thanks to everyone who made us newbies feel welcome. First of hopefully many runs with you all and was great to meet you all. Sorry i couldnt make it up to Turon with you all but i still had a few things to get done at home tonight.

SeanC
09-08-15, 09:59 PM
Thanks Dru and Kerry for a well organized trip. We had a great day. Thanks to everyone on the trip, made us feel very welcome on our first outing. We will be back for more.

Cheers,
Sean and Daphne

Dru
09-08-15, 10:18 PM
What a day.

Thanks everyone for being early. We got away ahead of time from Richmond and again from Lithgow. Way to go!

Baal Bone and its well known pinch points at each end, whew. Pretty sure they are both getting a little tougher, so Andy was called in for guidance skills pretty much right from the start. Everyone through both ends. For me the most spectacular being John (John and Di) on the way up. A leap on the "exhilarator" and a leap vertically - looked very much like a Mako Shark launching out of the sea to me. But along with everyone else a successful climb.

View is breath-taking from the top of Baal Bone.

The trip out is longer than the trip in, a bit of confusion at one intersection and some entertainment working out where everyone was and how to get back together. So wait at the junctions till the bloke behind sees you.

Sorry you had to leave at that point Shannon, but yes it had taken time. We had a chat about options and continued up to the Turon River for a late lunch. Most opting to have a look around the Turon. We were pretty sure that the convoy speed just wouldn't have made it back through to Sunny Corner in sun light. So most preferred to return back Castlereagh Hwy.

Kerry and I decided to continue on to make sure the proposed trip was at least offered. Offer taken up by Sean and Daphne (thanks guys!). And our much shorter ;-) convoy of two, buckled up to make a steady cruise pace and were airing up by 4:30. Convoy size really does make a difference.

If you want to know how Pinnacle and Black Butt are, ask Sean. OR we will have to run another trip. :-)

Hope everyone else enjoyed the river!

richhenning
09-08-15, 10:44 PM
Thanks very much Dru and Kerry for a great day. And thanks to Andy for helping out too. My friend Dave who drove tracks today for the first time thoroughly enjoyed the day and the people, and so did I. Cheers. I hope to have some pics up soon.

Dru
09-08-15, 10:56 PM
And thanks to Andy for helping out

There it is. Always something that I make a goose of myself by leaving out. Andy, thanks buddy. Awesome input and you know the day wouldn't have been so stress free without your help. Sounds simple but means more.

"Thanks".

redrubi
09-08-15, 11:10 PM
Dru & Kerry,

No thanks needed! Thanks for organizing a great day guys!

Cheers

Andy&Charl:pirate::angel:

Teshie
09-08-15, 11:22 PM
That was a memorable outing and I was pleasantly surprised about that area being lot more greener then I expected, at times it felt like we were driving jeeps through the Jurasic park :) The views of the Wolgan valley from the top are breathtaking. Again we had good mix of people and jeeps - TJ, JK, JKU and Trailhawk... Always nice to meet new members and see their setup, and it is amazing how capable jeeps are... some as stocks and some with road tires, all made it through, great to watch.

Thanks Dru & Kerry for the leadership and navigation. Thanks Andy for the spotting, you do make it easy. Both the entry and exits at Baal Bone were thrilling while splashing the jeeps through a number of Turon river crossings was lots of fun :) Cheers all !!

uncaged123
10-08-15, 04:49 AM
Hi Dru, sounds like you guys had a great day. Damb Australia Post for not delivering my replacement disconnect kit on Friday. If you do run another trip in that area I'll put my jku in cottonwool to protect it before the trip. On another matter what make are your sliders and where did you get them? Also are your flares the smaller or larger size.

Cheers RobS

isherz
10-08-15, 12:15 PM
Hi All!!

What a fab day! Us newbies really had a blast..,glad we could hold our own..but hey its a jeep! Better tyres will be ready for the next one (not slicks) with more notice given than the 4 days we had for this trip...! Spontaneity isnt all bad and Thanks John for inviting us. We are hooked and now my jeep will get the love that Johns Prado has had exclusively....Looking forward to the Jambaroo!

Thanks to Dru & Kerry - fab team leaders and Andy for his help and guidance. What a great bunch of people (and vehicles...)

Regards

The Mako Sharks!!!! John & Di (isherz)

Hamma
10-08-15, 05:01 PM
Thanks Dru and Kerry for putting it together. Great day out - heaps of fun. Can't wait to see some of the photographic evidence [emoji2].

Easy77
10-08-15, 09:17 PM
First video from Baal Bone:

https://youtu.be/5KtpuaAF3AQ

I've pasted this one on youtube so it can be shared on our jambo page (I hope you don't mind, Rich). I like this one as you can even see the tail shaft at some point. For those who don't know, it is Rich's Jeep without Rich (he was remotely controlling this descent with his iPhone :smile-new:).
I'll place the rest of the videos in my dropbox and will place the link here... eventually. Enjoy.

Dushan.

richhenning
11-08-15, 08:57 AM
Gee that's awesome Dusan, thanks so much for the video.
Yep I was letting my best mate have a go, he did well and had a huge grin on his face afterwards.

rich

richhenning
11-08-15, 08:59 AM
I have heaps of photos from the day, but my new laptop is windows 8.1 which I have just discovered is not compatible with my CanonEOS. So a camera firmware upgrade is next, a job for the weekend.

rich

Easy77
11-08-15, 09:21 AM
This is the link to my dropbox where I'll be placing the videos and pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2npehpm2uckb1b/AAAA60xitpQX1yse044mtZVZa?dl=0

So far, there's Rich, Andy, Dru, Dennis. Will add more an more as time permits... I've converted the vids into avi format. I hope the link works for everyone; if you don't have dropbox, just cancel the dialog that wants you to download he dropbox installer. You can still access the files.
Enjoy.
Dushan.

isherz
11-08-15, 11:26 AM
Any body get a vid or pics of the mako shark stunt going up ?
Cheers j & d

richhenning
11-08-15, 06:12 PM
Any body get a vid or pics of the mako shark stunt going up ?
Cheers j & d

Apologies don't think I do.

rich

Easy77
11-08-15, 10:00 PM
Any body get a vid or pics of the mako shark stunt going up

John, I do have both of the stunts on camera - i'll send you a message and share a link to the video - most likely tomorrow.
Cheers,
Dushan

Hamma
13-08-15, 02:25 PM
I do feel like a bit of a goose! I was supposed to wait until Dushan came back with his camera after descending the Baal Bone pinch point so he could record my decent, but what can I say? The adrenaline kicked in and I was at the bottom before he got back. If anyone has any vision of it I'd really appreciate seeing a copy sometime. Same goes for the climb at the beginning. Cheers, John.

Easy77
13-08-15, 03:01 PM
IIf anyone has any vision of it I'd really appreciate seeing a copy sometime. Same goes for the climb at the beginning. Cheers, John.

John, I've got some footage of you coming up through the first pinch point. Will send you a link to my dropbox later today/tomorrow...

Dushan

isherz
15-08-15, 08:56 AM
We can compare john....

richhenning
16-08-15, 09:59 PM
Got the pics into Dropbox at last. Here is a link to the folder.
They aren't in any order, and the folder may contain a disproportionate number of pics of my jeep. [emoji1]

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1m74n5wrowrev8v/AADuiK9TvH8DJhdrZskuPREEa?dl=0

Hamma
17-08-15, 09:56 AM
The pics are great. Thanks for posting.