PDA

View Full Version : Bad vibrations...

peterbekiaris
13-07-15, 11:31 PM
I've got a bad vibration coming from the drive train and I think this is due to loose uni joints on the rear tail shaft. It is a heavy duty SYE fitted at Suburban 4wd about 8 years ago (I think?) back when I was a much more active 4wder and member of the SJC. Does anyone know what system this would have been and/or where I could get parts for it and/or where I could take it for repair?

Thanks in advance , any any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

(I have a 99 TJ)

Steve F
14-07-15, 12:25 PM
If it was fitted at suburban that long ago it was probably a Rubicon Express setup. Any driveline place will be able to sort the unis out for you as the only thing special about that setup is the replacement output shaft on the transfercase that swapped it to a flange instead of a slip yoke. You could even replace the unis yourself but it won't cost too much to get a mechanic or driveline place to do it as the unis are common enough.

Cheers
Steve

Elio S
17-07-15, 08:21 PM
If you're after uni joints you will probably want these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jeep-TJ-Wrangler-Stock-Front-1310-CV-Rebuild-Kit-Part-numbers-5-153x-211355x-/161716532098. If you're after generic ones most parts shops in Oz will have them for around $20 each. I do recomend the spicer ones though as I fitted Toyo uni's to my rear driveshaft and they chewed out in under 2 months.