PDA

View Full Version : JK rear wheel stud

vstanman01
26-08-15, 11:23 PM
Hi, where do I get a whell stud for the JKU 2013 one has broken of from the rear also do I have to bring it to my dealers shop to be replaced? Any suggestion for a shop to do it? And also is it still safe to drive with one bolt missing on one side.

Thanks

Paul-JK
26-08-15, 11:51 PM
I'd not be driving too far on it with missing studs.

I got some replacement ones from Rockauto in the states. They were cheap even including freight and delivered really quickly......thankfully. I snapped one as the nut had been cross threaded by the mechanics and it just sheered off when I tried to remove it. Of course this happened over Xmas when none of the local guys were open but luckily Rockauto were open and sent them to me in a couple of days. No idea who sells them locally as I didn't find out as they were all closed. Be aware that front and rear are different to each other but I don't think either have changed through all of the manufacturing years of the JK. Better to get a few spares of each then you have them just in case.

They aren't difficult to replace. If you search youtube or other Jeep forums there are "how to"'s showing how to do it. If you don't want to do it yourself then any mechanic and most tyre shops should be able to do it for you.

stevet
27-08-15, 01:44 AM
Where in Sydney are you??.......If out Blacktown way....http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?4460-Jeep-Service-by-the-Experts!........ That's where to head for top service of your JK........

redrubi
27-08-15, 01:40 PM
Hi, where do I get a whell stud for the JKU 2013 one has broken of from the rear also do I have to bring it to my dealers shop to be replaced? Any suggestion for a shop to do it? And also is it still safe to drive with one bolt missing on one side.

Thanks
?? How old is your Jeep (is it still under warranty?) If so does it have the original wheels & tyres? IF you answered YES to this!! Go see the dealer!

vstanman01
27-08-15, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. Still under warranty but tires and wheels have been changed . Will get in touch with the guys from Blacktown.