PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Dave's JK Upgrade.

dobbo56
03-09-15, 11:06 AM
My new AEV 2.5" lift kit arrived today, Yahoo, Getting Avi and the boys to fit it for me, Awaiting new rock rails and a pair of Grabars to come from WA..

richhenning
03-09-15, 01:15 PM
Nice. Looking forward to seeing it.

rich

dobbo56
03-09-15, 04:26 PM
I cant wait for a decent ride and some good articulation.

Paul-JK
03-09-15, 07:11 PM
I cant wait for a decent ride and some good articulation.

I was going to say that.
I can still remember getting my lift fitted and being amazed that the JK no longer tried to kill me on potholed corners and I didn't feel every crack in the road through the steering.
The articulation makes life a load easier off road but can make you lazy......makes it much more point a shoot without having to worry as much about your lines.
Having said that I'm guessing with yours being a shorty then lifting wheels still won't be hard.
It'll be like getting a new car again.

redrubi
05-09-15, 02:13 PM
I was going to say that.
I can still remember getting my lift fitted and being amazed that the JK no longer tried to kill me on potholed corners and I didn't feel every crack in the road through the steering.
The articulation makes life a load easier off road but can make you lazy......makes it much more point a shoot without having to worry as much about your lines.
Having said that I'm guessing with yours being a shorty then lifting wheels still won't be hard.
It'll be like getting a new car again.
Don't really agree with the "lazy" idea Paul, it makes it safer & saves tracks (remember tread lightly)

Paul-JK
05-09-15, 06:46 PM
OK, perhaps not lazy, but lets just say you don't need to be as careful with the lines you take.
It certainly makes the tracks you would have driven previously easier to tackle, which also translates to easier on the JK and easier on the tracks as well (see I was paying attention!), so yes, safer.
Just to play devils advocate though it also gives you a little more confidence to drive more difficult tracks that you wouldn't have previously attempted and get yourself even deeper into trouble if you're not careful.