PDA

View Full Version : Wrangler wanted for weekend - please contact directly

Heidi
11-09-15, 05:45 PM
I am a 54 yr old doctor (GP) working full time in Sydney. I have a 16 yo girl with cerebral palsy and severe epilepsy who goes to school in a wheel chair. My wife and I care for her, and rarely ever get a night off.
I’m appealing on compassionate grounds to borrow or hire an evaluation Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for a trip starting on Sat 12th Sept 2015 to Sun 13th Sept , as it is our anniversary and my wife’s dream car.
I would like to take her to Salamander Bay, Port Stephens (NSW), which is about 2 hours and 45 min from where we live at Emu Heights (base of the Blue mountains, Penrith area), which is her favourite holiday area. We hope to go without our daughter for the night, and have her kind God parents willing to babysit for the night. If she is unstable, we will take her with us, and therefore need the 4 door Jeep just in case, and have booked a bed for her just in case.
I have tried to hire a jeep in Sydney, but it is not possible. I work in 2 practices, half time in Penrith, and half time in my own practice in Seven Hills, Sydney, which is attached to a charity. My wife works there 1 day /wk  with me, while our daughter is at school. Every Friday the charity gives food hampers to the needy, (about 70 /week for the last 5 yrs or so), and can offer financial assistance for people struggling to pay bills. We also assist refugees similarly on  Wednesdays, mainly from Sri Lanka. I bulk bill the clients and assist them in medical issues.  A significant percentage of what I earn supports the charity. If you have had close contact with disadvantaged people, or with children with a disability, you’ll understand that it is very demanding and tiring. I’m actually trying to surprise my wife for our anniversary trip. She doesn’t know where we are going, nor about how I hope to take her there.
She deserves a break !
I have tried our local Jeep dealer in Penrith, but he says it is too far, and they don’t have a plated vehicle.
If you are able to assist for the weekend, I would be extremely grateful,
Yours Sincerely
Dr Mark Dixon 0425270281