Any recommendations
What sort of life span dose it have
Will cable last longer

Thanks acj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dru
14-09-15, 08:36 AM
Looking forward to responses on this.

I think of cable as very old tech. Certainly it didn't take many uses to create some kinks, so now weak points are built in. Cable frays which creates catch points on your hands (ouch).

Rope can be sensitive to heat and UV. UV is sorted with a sheath for the last few meters.

Bigplus
14-09-15, 09:22 AM
Heard that ropes have to be changed every year.

ACJ
14-09-15, 09:34 PM
Heard that ropes have to be changed every year.

That's what I was wondering and since it won't be used much I was wondering if it was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrubi
14-09-15, 11:19 PM
Needs to be changed every 2 years, can be spliced if it breaks, has very little to no recoil when it breaks, can be used with roller haws, floats on water, needs to be washed after use in mud/sand, is crap loads lighter, can fit more on the drum, won't splinter, can be easily removed when not required. That just about covers it!

I still have steel cable on mine because it hasn't worn out yet.

Ask yourself this. "how often will I use it" I have only ever used my winch twice in 8 years.

Hope this helps

Andy:pirate:

Hunno
15-09-15, 05:49 PM
Needs to be changed every 2 years, can be spliced if it breaks, has very little to no recoil when it breaks, can be used with roller haws, floats on water, needs to be washed after use in mud/sand, is crap loads lighter, can fit more on the drum, won't splinter, can be easily removed when not required. That just about covers it!

I still have steel cable on mine because it hasn't worn out yet.

Ask yourself this. "how often will I use it" I have only ever used my winch twice in 8 years.

Hope this helps

Andy:pirate:

It floats, has no memory....

redrubi
15-09-15, 06:08 PM
Cheers Hunno! LOL