PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie.

Alpineaustralia
13-10-15, 11:14 PM
Hi I just took delivery of my Cherokee KL Trailhawk. This is my first 4x4 and so I have two questions for the forum.
1. Can anyone recommend an easy trail or track that I can take my car on as a first attempt?
2. Does anyone know where I can get scuff plates for the door sills?

TRBN8R
14-10-15, 07:04 AM
Hi Alpine,

welcome to the Jeep family.

If you are from around Sydney Janolen sate forest, Zig Zag and Lake Lyle area has tracks of varying difficulty and bypasses around the hard bits so you dont damage your brand new car and get used to the dynamics of your perticular car. Also since you are new to 4wding try to join a club near you and jump on their trips. This will give you a lot more experience in a protected environment. With our club you can do a couple of trips with us as a visitor (no joining) as a try before you buy thing.

regarding the scuff plates look on ebay USA or other US sources as not many suppliers here have yet stocked up for the new KL.

Happy Jeeping

Mani

Dru
14-10-15, 09:21 AM
Welcome. Keep an eye out for any C grade trip (or a D grade if you'd like to start with scenery). New guys are generally welcome to a couple of trips with us before they join.

enjoy.

Dave
16-10-15, 09:52 AM
And... Consider coming along to the 4WD Association Show at Eastern Creek this weekend. We will be there, come and have a chat!

There will also be some after market accessory manufacturers and retailers there as well, but if you are looking for "scuff plates" do you mean http://www.jeep4x4center.com/mopar-rock-rails-black-powdercoat-steel-pair-82213941-m.html ? Are a Mopar part so Jeep retailers should be able to source, but for how much?

Dave

Hamma
01-02-16, 03:38 AM
Hi Alpine.
A bit slow replying to your message, but I don't get on here much.
I have a KL Cherokee too. Have had it for a bit over a year now and am pretty happy with it. Haven't taken it out as much as I'd like but want to again soon. In fact, thinking of a beach run this coming Sunday the 7th or maybe the 14th at Stockton's, (unless anyone can suggest a better option).
Have you taken yours out at all yet?
Cheers, John.

Led_Blind
13-02-16, 10:19 PM
Hey. My trailhawk is itching for some offroad adventures. Looking for easier trips to practice.

Has anyone upgraded their KL to tackle some outback driving? Considering the Sevannah way Cairns -> Broome, down to Perth and back to Syd.