PDA

View Full Version : Son of Trials 2006

ann
07-02-06, 09:06 AM
What are the Son of Trials?

The Son of Trials is a competition which is part Funkhana, part Nissan Trials (but mostly funkhana!). We will use some of the Nissan Trials tracks, but not the bits that are likely to cause you any grief. There will be a point score system, run over the 6 or so stages.

What do I win?

Eternal glory, a cheap trophy for lair value and our mates at 4x4 Tyre Team have given us a $2,000 voucher for a new set of Tyres for the overall winner. There will be heaps of other prizes too, keep watching for details

Who can enter the Son of Trials?:

Any licensed driver with access to a 4WD. You do not need to be a member of a 4WD Club to enter. P Plate drivers welcomed (under 18's must have a note from Mum or Dad).

What sort of vehicles can enter the Son of Trials?

The competition is meant for "factory standard" vehicles or those with only minor modifications normally associated with 4WD touring. Competitors will be ssplit into two classses. These are (not surprisingly

Standard - which means just that. Oh OK, we'll let you have a bullbar, towbar, driving lights and stuff, but you must have OE suspension and tyres (or at least tyres of the OE size).

Touring - for the modified vehicles. Modifications are limited to:

Tyres - maximum of 33 inches - vehicle must have four of them which are required to remain in close contact with the ground for the entire event. This is real easy for us to check. If your tyres are bigger than 33 inches, either:
take them off and run on your rims (not recommended); or
our patented Husqvana tyre trimmer (a.k.a. chain saw) will remove those pesky few extra inches (also not recommended)
Suspension/Body lift - a maximum of 4 inches combined. For those of you mathematically challenged, 4 is less than 4.5 or 5, so if your car is higher, think about it (or we could use the Husqvana suspension trimmer (again, not recommended))
Other Mods

Diff Locks - if you have them, make sure we have some way of verifying that you CAN NOT use them during the event - we consider them to be cheating and their use results in automatic disqualification - so there!
Non-factory forced induction systems (If you have one, you probably have other mods, o that rules you out)
Fluffy Dice if fitted, cannot exceed 5cm x 5cm x 5cm dimensions
Bead Locks - a real no-no Well make you run on bare rims if we see them.

What does it cost to enter Son of Trials?

To enter the site it costs $25/vehicle for the day or $50/vehicle for the weekend (includes camping). That cover things like our rent and toilet hire, insurance, cost of equipment used etc.

In addition, every competing driver must pay an entry fee of $25.00. You can have more than one driver enter in the same vehicle - a great way to settle the argument as to who is the better driver.

You don't need a navigator (but sometimes they can help). If your navigator / partner / mechanic enters the site in a different vehicle, they too pay the $25 or $50 site fee.

If you need to tow your competition vehicle onto the site, it probably means that it is not eligible to compete anyway, so leave it on the road and enter your towing vehicle.

More info: http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son-of-trials.php

Entry forms will be available shortly.

Is anyone interested in this event?

BenC
13-02-06, 11:08 AM
There's not a lot of time before this event guys. Who's going to drive for the club??

My vehicle is way too big to be allowed in, so I'm happy to navigate for anyone if they need it.

sexytj
13-02-06, 11:33 AM
If i can get in i will do it.
What do you think? Will they let me?

Tropey
13-02-06, 11:47 AM
i've actually sent them about 5 emails asking them about my vehicle and to date still have not had a reply. It has been about 4 weeks now.
Does anyone have a contact number for the people running this???

BenC
13-02-06, 12:36 PM
Dan, aren't you on 35s? The rules are max 33" I think. Are you able to borrow a set of 33's for the weekend? What about lift? How much lift do you have?

Tropey. If I remember right, you're on 33's? If so, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to compete otherwise.

Ann will be organising this team, so let her know if you're in and she'll get all the forms and entry fees off you .

ann
13-02-06, 12:36 PM
Trophy what would you like to know?

BenC
13-02-06, 12:39 PM
There's stacks of other ppl in the club that would be suited to this sort of event. Jason, you're on 33's now? Camel? Brad, with the KJ? cpage66?

sexytj
13-02-06, 03:39 PM
Yer, sorry i thought it was the one on the 11 of march.
( 5.5 lift & 35's) So im out. :oops:

Tropey
13-02-06, 05:00 PM
Maddog... yeah on 33's... but with a 3.5" lift and 1.5" body lift. Ann, i was trying to find out how precise they were with lift sizes and whether they were leniant in any way.
I would has it a guess and saying they are fairly strict, i just though i would test the waters to see.

Dorzun
13-02-06, 08:47 PM
Brad, with the KJ?

Done, if you pay or the repairs on the monday after :wink:

Same as me with the TJ but, I thought about putting the CJ in for a while. But I am just way too busy with work at the moment, and I need my weekends for me and the family. I even had thoughts of Wild Rock but you need two rigs for it and I'd be the smallest in the field as I think it's 36" plus.

Could have my arm twisted though. Might be a preview for TT as it's the same guy's building the course.

BenC
19-02-06, 05:35 PM
OK so Brad and Dan are out, but Tropey is still interested.

Tropey, fill in an entry form and send it to directly to the Nissan Patrol Club (or Ann if you would prefer). If you need a navi, I should be able to do it for you.

The date for this event is the 18th and 19th of March. So still a few weeks away. We'll promote it at the March club meeting and hopefully get a few more vehicles entering!

Tropey
19-02-06, 06:26 PM
Spoke to a lady from the nissan club. She said I will be fine to enter... however, if someone complains about the vehivle height, then I have to relinquish the prize (If I won one). Other wise she said it was all ok to go.
Maddog, might take you up on the navi offer... will let you know.

redrat
07-03-06, 08:19 AM
I am extremely keen for this. Forms downloaded and ready to roll.

Navigator will be required - must bring own seat shampoo :D I will need navigators details before completing the entry form - any takers? Mad Dog, Sir Camel etc....

sir_camel
07-03-06, 05:27 PM
I am extremely keen for this. Forms downloaded and ready to roll.

Navigator will be required - must bring own seat shampoo :D I will need navigators details before completing the entry form - any takers? Mad Dog, Sir Camel etc....

Love to help Cameron, but i am unable to attend. Sorry mate. Let us know how you go. You should kick some pootrol ass.