PDA

View Full Version : Cape York 2016?

glend
12-01-16, 07:06 PM
I know there was some thought of another Cape trip when the timing was right. Is this on the calendar for 2016?

Heidi
13-01-16, 08:42 AM
I believe Jeep Aust are holding an event in Melbourne in October for the anniversary of Jeep. There are some plans being worked that will include attending that in Melbourne

Dave
13-01-16, 02:37 PM
Yes, what Heidi said, and there is a possibility that the next Jambo - maybe 2017 - MIGHT be run by a Qld Jeep club, which would be a good starting or finishing point for a Cape trip... I'm keen for 2017!

Dave

Steve F
14-01-16, 09:01 PM
I think I'll be heading up in 2017 regardless, not 100% sure but close :)

Cheers
Steve

Dieselcon
14-01-16, 10:05 PM
I would love to head up the cape in 2017 in the GC

Hunno
15-01-16, 11:45 AM
Listening.....

uncaged123
15-01-16, 12:06 PM
I'll be going in 2017, and I'm in for what being planned for this year.
Cheers RobS

Dru
16-01-16, 03:37 PM
Listening.....

also listening....

hmr73
17-01-16, 10:19 AM
Darn, I should buy a Jeep again !!

uncaged123
17-01-16, 03:17 PM
I agree Harei. You would have loved the VIC high country trip !!!! Look out for the Barrington Tops trip.

Cheers RobS

Hunno
17-01-16, 09:28 PM
Yes, what Heidi said, and there is a possibility that the next Jambo - maybe 2017 - MIGHT be run by a Qld Jeep club, which would be a good starting or finishing point for a Cape trip... I'm keen for 2017!

Dave

JeepFreakz where talking about running a Jambo at LCM park as it was all set up to hold a large event. But I read it was just sold & closed down. So I don't know if that will stop them.
I guess only time will tell.
But I would be thinking strongly about another Cape Run in 2017......

Dave
17-01-16, 11:29 PM
JeepFreakz where talking about running a Jambo at LCM park as it was all set up to hold a large event. But I read it was just sold & closed down. So I don't know if that will stop them.
I guess only time will tell.
But I would be thinking strongly about another Cape Run in 2017......

Wow, yeah, just checked! Landcruiser Mountain Park sold and closed forever http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/

That said, if you are (or anyone is?) in touch with a Qld Jeep Club that might be looking for a location for a Jambo, a mate of mine who lives in Qld - but drives a Nissan :( - suggested Janowen Hills 4WD Park http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosting.com/aboutus.htm

The website is pretty basic, but they could check it out...

Cape 2017 is really tempting! I was planning for Sept/Oct 2016 until the Jeep 75th anniversary "thing" was discussed for the October long weekend. Does anyone have any more info about that? I have roughed out some ideas for getting there the long way via the SA/Vic Border track, Mallee Country and Great Ocean Road, but until we know dates and times...

Dave

Hunno
18-01-16, 11:36 AM
Wow, yeah, just checked! Landcruiser Mountain Park sold and closed forever http://www.landcruisermountainpark.com.au/

That said, if you are in touch with a Qld Jeep Club that might be looking for a location for a Jambo, a mate of mine who lives in Qld - but drives a Nissan :( - suggested Janowen Hills 4WD Park http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosting.com/aboutus.htm

The website is pretty basic, but they could check it out...

Cape 2017 is really tempting! I was planning for Sept/Oct 2016 until the Jeep 75th anniversary "thing" was discussed for the October long weekend. Does anyone have any more info about that? I have roughed out some ideas for getting there the long way via the SA/Vic Border track, Mallee Country and Great Ocean Road, but until we know dates and times...

Dave

I have a Wedding on the 1st Oct (long weekend) 2016 that I am committed to at Cowra.
So things are not looking good for me getting to the 75th thingy.

dobbo56
18-01-16, 02:12 PM
Your almost halfway there Hunno...
I have a Wedding on the 1st Oct (long weekend) 2016 that I am committed to at Cowra.
So things are not looking good for me getting to the 75th thingy.

Tjcarter
26-01-16, 09:46 PM
I thought LCMP was sold to people that plan to upgrade it and will reopen it when the repairs are done. I also think it will be under a different name now. Not sure though I could be wrong, there was a thread on ausjeep about it

Steve F
27-01-16, 12:29 AM
They are reopening but selling off the park in pockets to groups or individuals to use. No more general public access.

Cheers
Steve