PDA

View Full Version : Jeep 75th Anniversary

Dave
14-02-16, 11:03 AM
Hi All, finally a bit of confirmation that there will be something going on in October for the 75th Anniversary of Jeep. Sounds like there will be more confirmed in March, but well done Jeep Action for starting!

Jeep Action January / February 2016 'Editor in the Chief'

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas break and had a chance to get out and about in your Jeep. This year we celebrate 75 years of the Jeep brand, 1941-2016. It has been an interesting 75 years of history for the iconic brand, with Jeep being owned by a number of companies during this time.

Here at Jeep Action we have been planning a Jeep 75th celebration weekend for the 1st and 2nd of October this year, in Victoria. We have chosen these dates as it is a long weekend in Qld, NSW, SA and the ACT and will help those travelling the long distances to attend. The venue will be announced next issue and you can then make accommodation and camping arrangements around the event location.

This will be a two day event to give everyone a chance to attend on either day. There will be two day passes available if you want to attend both days. So make your plans to come along and view all things Jeep. You can check out the different model Jeeps on display including new, original, modified and concepts. Wander around and talk with the different vendors showing their wares, grab a coffee and view some Jeep videos and more. There will be more information in the next issue and keep an eye on social media for updates.

Enjoy your January/February issue.
Michael Bowen

Woo Hoo!
Dave

Dave
01-03-16, 07:06 PM
Its official - well they printed it in the March/April Jeep Action magazine;

The Jeep 75th Anniversary and Show will be held on October 1 and 2, at the Bendigo Event and Entertainment Complex.

Not where we were thinking, and my "trip to get there and back" plans will have to change a bit - it's not exactly anywhere near the Great Ocean Road... But what the heck, planning is half the fun :)

Jeep Action March / April 2016 'Editor in Chief'

We are pleased to announce that Bendigo in Victoria will be the location for the Jeep 75th Anniversary and Jeep Show being held on the 1st and 2nd of October. Bendigo is located very close to the geographical centre of the state and approximately 150 kilometres north west of Melbourne.
There is a great variety of accommodation on offer in Bendigo, so start planning your accommodation now. I have spoken with Jeepers who have been planning road trips and even flights and can now finalize their plans now that a venue has been chosen.

Enjoy your March/April issue.
Michael Bowen

and

http://www.jeepevents.co/#!75th-jeep-show/cjg9

Join us in Celebrating 75 years of freedom and lifestyle that “only” comes from owning a Jeep, to reconnect people with their childhood love affair of Jeep, all in one show case.
Jeep Display
Mopar Display
Guest speakers
Show and Shine
Aftermarket Displays
Military Jeep Display
Concept Jeeps
Jeep Rides

I like the sound of "Concept Jeeps". Maybe we will get to see the next Wrangler due out in 2017, or the Pickup version!

I'm looking forward to it
Dave

Dieselcon
02-03-16, 09:57 AM
Hopefully will be there

Dave
02-07-16, 07:19 PM
A little bit more info from Jeep Action about the 75th Birthday Show

July / August 2016 'Editor in the Chief'
Plans are going well for the 75th Jeep Anniversary and Jeep Show being held on the 1st and 2nd October this year in Bendigo, Victoria. There will be a 6,000m2 building full of Jeep models from the last 75 years as well as vendors showing their parts, accessories and equipment for Jeep, camping and the outdoor lifestyle.

Jeep displays will also be outside the main building amongst the food vendors and Jeep Club stands.
Further on will be a huge carpark for visitors to park their Jeeps for all to see.
Also in the carpark there will be a travel ramp in action where you can check out your Jeep's flex and watch others climb the ramp.

The event is being run over the two days to give everyone the opportunity to be able to visit and enjoy what is on offer. Thanks to those who have emailed offering their classic Jeeps for the display. If you have a classic Jeep you are happy to show, please email your info to me at michael@jeepaction.com.au

There is more information on the event at www.jeepevents.co
Enjoy your July/August issue.

It's just three months away now!
Dave